+1 1 100.0% [ 71 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Yep, the title says it all. I really miss when I joined this site back in '08. The first year I joined was probably my favorite. I joined just in time for the Rejected Olympics and was roaming towns in my noobular starter clothing. This girl I meat in a Barton Cheerleader Uniform was kind enough to take me into her group (which included more girls in the cheerleader sets) and bought me the Aekea Team set, since that was (and still is) my favorite town.

My point is, everything was shiny and new back then. I remember thinking Promageddon was the funnest thing ever. I remember being ecstatic to hear when a "battle system" was announced and that they were holding a contest to name it (I suggested Fluffy Robo Destructo-Rabbits). Everything seems different now, there are no longer any welcoming features that newbies can make memories with. The flash spaces are virtually and silent due to the fact that a lot of people have abandoned the site. zOMG! is mostly used for farming Papa Saw, Shallow Seas, or Deadman's Shadow for gold and ingredients to the epic recipes.

The prices of commons in the gold shops have risen considerably also, and unless you have expendable income or a ton of free time to sink farming, you'll be left behind.

gaia_spoons
    - Do you ever miss just being a newbie and seeing everything as shiny and new?
I loved my noob days, they hold many great memories, but i wouldn't say i miss it or would want to return to those days.

As a new member i was always proud of my avatar, no matter how hideous it was. I would waltz around the flash-spaces like i was top dog, and i was care-free. I was also not connected at all to the GCD, SF or any of the forums for that matter, meaning most of my experiences were positive, and i never felt like i had to argue anything on here. I was never disappointed with Gaia or with any of its members.

With that being said, i am happy to be informed with what is going on (even if those things don't really bring me much joy). The way i remember myself in my noob days was very uninformed, which is now something i now hate being, but i know that i was very happy. So, for me, it comes down to being ignorant and happy, or be informed and concerned. Some may disagree with me, but i would much prefer the later.

Mysterious Trickster

Oh nostalgia threads.

I dunno... if I want to feel all nostalgia, I'll just think of all the fun stuff I experienced when I first joined.

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Kain-Senpai
Oh nostalgia threads.

I dunno... if I want to feel all nostalgic, I'll just think of all the fun stuff I experienced when I first joined.
I don't really see this as a nostalgie thread, since I wasn't really around that far back to post anything worth remembering. sweatdrop

Tiny Cat

Those were the days. I joined in '06, and I just loved the Christmas event. I'd never seen anything like it. There were so many people on Towns, eager to meet new friends, or the odd few who wanted to cyber o-o and it was just easier to, y'know..have fun.
I also remember when I thought 2,000g was alot hehe. Good stuff.

Edit: And ohhhh man anyone else miss the cinemas?? I actually quite enjoyed them. n_n

Mysterious Trickster

Sebikaku
Kain-Senpai
Oh nostalgia threads.

I dunno... if I want to feel all nostalgic, I'll just think of all the fun stuff I experienced when I first joined.
I don't really see this as a nostalgie thread, since I wasn't really around that far back to post anything worth remembering. sweatdrop

I dunno... wishing to experience all the newbie-ness of your first days on Gaia makes me think this is a nostalgia thread.

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Prothyro
Those were the days. I joined in '06, and I just loved the Christmas event. I'd never seen anything like it. There were so many people on Towns, eager to meet new friends, or the odd few who wanted to cyber o-o and it was just easier to, y'know..have fun.
Tell me about it! The Christmas events are always the greatest because towns was always packed with other excited people. Nowadays it's dead no matter what day of the year it is. sweatdrop

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Kain-Senpai
I dunno... wishing to experience all the newbie-ness of your first days on Gaia makes me think this is a nostalgia thread.
In that sense, I guess it is a nostalgia thread. But I still think it's better than all the boycotting and bashing that people are making topics of as of late. sweatdrop

Tiny Cat

Sebikaku
Prothyro
Tell me about it! The Christmas events are always the greatest because towns was always packed with other excited people. Nowadays it's dead no matter what day of the year it is. sweatdrop

Yea emotion_8c That's actually how I made most of my friends, was in towns. (Of course most of them are gone from this site now)
Even if there are people in towns, they're quiet and keep to their little group of friends.
Reminds me of the real world, actually.

Mysterious Trickster

Sebikaku
Kain-Senpai
In that sense, I guess it is a nostalgia thread. But I still think it's better than all the boycotting and bashing that people are making topics of as of late. sweatdrop

Totally. It's nice to talk about the old days of yesteryear.
Ah, well, if I had a Delorean I probably would be able to experience all the new-ness that was Gaia.

Smitten Pumpkin

I joined mid-'06, so events were new to me when Halloween came around and I had so much fun tipping cows and zapping aliens. And trick-or-treating! In towns, especially. I was out of the loop with the towns and UFO stuff, though. Also, the Jack'd skirt was a staple of my avi's outfits and I still love it.

Many of my favorite memories involve events, lol. Guilds, too. I've been in a few awesome guilds and met great people. heart

Enduring Member

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Not really because when I was a noob my first account got hacked right after I spent $50 on cash shop items. emo I do kind of miss those sponsor events where everyone had to help raise a meter in a Towns-like place to unlock various items. The Skittles one was my favorite. biggrin

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Being a "noob" was fun and cool, but I had the most fun in my "middle years". That's when I kind of carved out a home in the GCD and made some good friends in a few RPs. That was probably my most golden time on Gaia. I'm pretty content where I am now, though. I'm worth a bit of gold so that's kinda cool.

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

I enjoy being rich too much to miss my noob days.

ok that's a lie, I miss my old zOMG'ing days....; A;

Perfect Saint

I joined just in time for the Easter Event in 04. I got hooked immediately. Took me weeks to complete my first look. Footwear were so expensive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff