Welcome to Gaia! ::

Head count:

+1 1 100.0% [ 71 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

clarion's King

Super Model

Myrielle
I joined just in time for the Easter Event in 04. I got hooked immediately. Took me weeks to complete my first look. Footwear were so expensive.

Do you happen to remember what your first completed outfit looked like? I'm curious as to what you found appealing back then : >

Perfect Saint

Magus
Myrielle
I joined just in time for the Easter Event in 04. I got hooked immediately. Took me weeks to complete my first look. Footwear were so expensive.

Do you happen to remember what your first completed outfit looked like? I'm curious as to what you found appealing back then : >
As a matter of fact, my first ever signature showed my look. I still have the items though.
User Image

Now that I think of it, I bet the Divinity Court: Lucia boots would be the a better choice to what I would have wanted. However, that item was not even thought of in 04. I had a different set of stock items back then.

Hallowed Survivor

I joined early 08. In some ways i miss it because I am a lot less talkative online than I was when I started, I do a lot of lurking now... for the most part not much has change for me though.
Probably because I have been an egg for years now... xD
I do miss all the questing I had to do to get items that would work with the egg. That was fun.
Now they don't come out with new items that work with it.

clarion's King

Super Model

Myrielle

Ohhh surprised
I definitely know you for that outfit, but I had no idea it was your first, finished look, if you will. Interesting ^_^

Perfect Saint

Magus
Myrielle

Ohhh surprised
I definitely know you for that outfit, but I had no idea it was your first, finished look, if you will. Interesting ^_^
I do still have all the items. However, my fair was different and using it along with my stock items makes things all weird.
To be honest, when I first joined Gaia, I wasn't interested. gonk I came back a few months later and then got into it. smile

I enjoyed my first couple years on Gaia better than I like Gaia now, but I'm not sure if it is because everything felt new or if Gaia was just more fun then. sweatdrop

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I joined in '05, I don't remember much of what I did, I must have enjoyed it though if I kept coming back. I do miss it though, I loved doing puzzles so much, and back then it was actually worth my time, because 2k held quite a bit of value...

Phantom

Hell no, I'd rather not~

Hilarious Genius

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Timid 100
wow thats generous; but technically you still are a noob your items are all under 100K probably lower; and don't talk about my character I'm just bored in the forums mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
i remember joining right before the water balloon summer event... best year ever.. crying

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I kind of do, the first clothes I bought were the flaming shirt and pants and wasn't ridiculed for it. Getting my first enchanted trunk rare events was so exciting, not to mention the events being highly anticipated.

Festive Celebrator

I've been here a while... and I think I've never stopped being a noob gonk xd

But seriously, when I want that "shiny and new" experience with Gaia, I just go exploring forums that I seldom visit... For instance, the other day I spent a couple of hours in the Heaven forum. I couldn't (and still can't) for the life of me understand what's going on in that forum. I really felt like I'd just signed up for Gaia XD It was fun.

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I joined Gaia in 04, so no I really don’t miss it. There was the constant server crashes with the sushi errors, the lack of items as there were barely any items. plus there was less to do as there was no flash spaces.

Sweet Pumpkin

I can agree with this.
I joined in 2005, i think my first event would have been halloween, but i remember christmas more. i remember that i started a guild and me and my friends saved extra gold to buy gifts for other friends or new users. i remember saving every penny for a kiki and grass skirt. i still have them. i was so in to the story line, borderline addicted to getting more comics. i would talk about gaia all day lol. now i am kind of like i could give a fudge less. i hate that. but i am glad we have new featues now it gives me more to do. i just have to kind of create my own joy sometimes, like randomly gifting people. i don't disagree with all the cash stuff, i have gotten a lot of enjoyable items with cash or bought them in the market. but i have to agree its definitely different. i enjoyed when towns came out, or took an evening and just fished the whole time with friends. i guess things just lose their pizazz. i still love Gaia, and all but things will never be the same, theres new people, new people working there. hopefully once things get around with towns 2 we can see more events being there. i am pretty sad about zOMG but im keeping my fingers crossed someday they can either update it or make something similar. even if im not fighting i love just walking around. Gaia is my escape from real life, and even if its just a pixelated beach i am walking on i am happy. i'm not rich in real life, and i certainly don't have a lot of friends, i'm shy and gaia helps with that. i feel like i can talk to anyone. okay i am done rambling. redface

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
Yeah I guess I do miss the newness and excitement of 2005. I really loved the manga too and now I'm kinda meh...
Getting a gift box was like WOAH and I really liked playing the games.
While I hated the wait for anything new, I wish I could feel as excited for the new gold shop stuff and announcements as back then.
I remember we used to have like...2 announcements a week or less or something.

I guess as I got more stuff I felt less of a need to buy things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff