Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Victory

I feel like 1bil is the new 1mil.
It seems like a big achievement the first time you get there, but in reality you can only buy a few cheap trinkets or keep saving up if you want anything worthwhile.
I'm sitting at just around 2bil pure and I feel so poor...

Invisible Elocutionist

21,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
I'm currently worth 230B+ when it comes to account worth, currently have 8B in my possession.

I wouldn't say I'm rich yet. But I'm getting there. I'm still a middle class man... And I got all this without Gaia Cash...

Enduring Lover

I think... possibly into the trillions in item value. Wtf.

Merry Traveler

I see 1B as the first achievement of your hard work. It's like reaching your first 1M
1B is decent to me, a good start. from someone with only 30M at the moment, it's a good amount.
You can afford some item, that's what matter.

The amount of gold you think enough/rich/poor really depend on whether it is enough to get item you want.
it depends on individual perception.

the use of new release item or LQ and I will assume the person is well off.
you can't tell whether the person have the item pre-inflation or whether they quest for item older than a month.
I have known people who don't care about their outfit. so I don't think much about such thing.
One who wear all gold shop doesn't mean they are poor.

I am grateful backgrounds aren't very popular, so they tend to be affordable.

Stellar Succubus

Leizce
In today's economy, where a new item released is generally at least 50b in gold, I'd say that what used to be 500k before the gold gens is now 50b. gonk

Yup. Anything up to 1t is attainable to me in the same way 10m was before gold gens.

$10 used to equal about 1m. Now it can get you 100b+

So $100 can get you 1t instead of 10m it used to. So 1b is like... 10 cents if I math at all goodly, If I don't someone correct me XD

Liberal Fatcat

My account worth is between 1 and 3 trillion generally,(Ive got a couple items inflated) but Ive only got 33 billion on me currently. Cant really get much. D:

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
ppl with halos and project tickets not feeling rich...*cries softly into pillow*

1B ain't poor bc you could still buy like aaall the gold shop items but it's like a 2 tier system now with ppl who have loads of GC.
I used to be pretty rich but then everything I owned got rereleased and everything I didn't...didn't XD I could get pretty rich again for just $50 but I ain't interested. Kinda makes me sad I gave the site way more than that over the years and now I'm poor. I accidentally donated everything I had to a sink (there was a glitch) when the gold was worth a lot more...got it back this week and now it's hardly worth anything rofl

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
VVhip
Leizce
In today's economy, where a new item released is generally at least 50b in gold, I'd say that what used to be 500k before the gold gens is now 50b. gonk

Yup. Anything up to 1t is attainable to me in the same way 10m was before gold gens.

$10 used to equal about 1m. Now it can get you 100b+

So $100 can get you 1t instead of 10m it used to. So 1b is like... 10 cents if I math at all goodly, If I don't someone correct me XD

I have 49 cents on hand? crying

Gaia makes maths an even more depressing subject. talk2hand

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Add a Poll.

You are poor.

Some people claim like 2, 5, 10 Billion is Middle Class but you can't even afford one Evolving Item with those. Even with RIGs lately, the cheapest items are usually over 2 Billion. I mean there were some that just came out the other day that were lower. But the majority the cheap items are like 2-12 Billion. 20 and 30 Billion is mid-level.

Prices are just so crazy that Cheap and Average are so close together compared to other items outside of that range or series.

The rich have Trillions, some times more. So right now Gaia is reminding me of America XD The gap between Poor and Middle is nothing compared to between Middle and Rich. It's probably hard for people to grasp there are people with 900 Trillion Gold at this point... some how. This all makes it hard to say if people so close to Poor should really even be considered Middle. The Mean is really what we are looking at. It's common for people to be within a certain range but that's not the amount the average Gaian has if you add those people with Trillions and then divide. People always forget Average and Mean aren't the same thing. 3nodding People often have Mean ( the most common number) in mind when they say Average.

This all means most Gaians are Poor and the Rich are mostly Ultra Rich. Some where the percentiles must have some massive jumps from most people up until a certain point having under 300 Billion Gold on their account to the next percentile being suddenly more like 100 Trillion Gold on their account.
powerdive54
9,000,000,000 more and you would be upper middle class

90,000,000,000 more and you would be upper middle class.

Fixed it for you.

Manly Lunatic

Pocket money.

Stellar Succubus

Cyriistar
I feel like 1bil is the new 1mil.
It seems like a big achievement the first time you get there, but in reality you can only buy a few cheap trinkets or keep saving up if you want anything worthwhile.
I'm sitting at just around 2bil pure and I feel so poor...

In essence it does feel like the first real 'milestone', you're right!

Though the rough exchange rate is circa 10x that! $1 can get you up to 10b (if not more depending on the item)... where it used to get you 100k before inflation happened!

Most of the items on my wishlist are in the 10's of billions. That's the average nowadays for newer releases and popular items.

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
Lyonel Noale
What also matters is your overall value, too...

You could have no gold, but a lot of valuable items, so even though you're "broke", overall, you're still very well off.

Honestly, I don't even know how I wold go about calculating that. sweatdrop And I have MC items dating back to when I first joined.

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
Keiric
It's better to be rich in friends than to be rich in gold.

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

crying I HAVE NO FRIENDS!! NOT EVEN MY CO-WORKERS LIKE ME!! crying

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

This was a joke post. Don't take it seriously. Please.

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
1 billion is the new poor level on Gaia. Once you can sit pretty with over 500 billion in gold then you will be rich. You can thank the user greed for this, not Gaia releasing Gold Gens. If we didn't want the Gens, they wouldn't have made them. Lazy asses are to blame for the limit changes, not Gaia's staff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff