Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charitable Regular

7,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

User Image

I took a couple year's hiatus from GaiaOnline and came back to find things...pretty much the same as I left them. Been here for years, probably not gonna give it up. I'm mostly here for the forums though.
The endless branding is annoying at best. I was done after the Skittles fiasco.
I do remember the days before GC. Not very well, but, I do remember them.
And honestly, it's starting to bother me that you have to be a millionaire to get jack s**t these days.
I'm not here to rant and rave about "when I was a young'n", because times change, the economy changes, Flynn's item exists now.
However, I think Gaia knows they can basically slap any brand logo on their site, dangle beautiful items for GC in front of our faces, and know that no matter what horrendously neglectful or costly s**t they sling...

They've got us hook, line, and sinker.

User Image

Newbie Businesswoman

13,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
No idea,i think i might quit already

Shameless Loverboy

Hollywood Royale
If the site is still kicking it in 2015 I'll probably still be here.... it would be nice to be able to say I was a member for ten years n__n
Sure I spend money on GCash here and there, if I can. But I don't let my cash consumption rule my experience here on Gaia. I'm not above sacrificing items I already have to the MP in order to get fancy new items. Some of the prices recently are a little crazy, but hey, we can't have everything! That's true in life, and it's true in Gaia. I mean, just because there is a GOLD iPhone 5S now doesn't mean I neeeeeeeeeeed to haz it. I'm still quite happy with my iPhone 5. Ya dig?
As long as I can log on everyday, dress my avatar, buy and sell items on the MP and post in the forums, I am happy.

Eh, as someone who has been here nearly ten years, it's not all it's cracked up to be.
I, like many users, don't neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed anything. I'm just disappointed that when I log on I'm spammed with announcements that "WE'RE INFLATING YOUR THINGS!"
"OKAY NOW WE'RE SELLING YOUR THINGS FOR CASH, THOSE RARE ITEMS YOU HAD?!"
"OKAY NOW WE'RE DOING A GOLD SINK BECAUSE PEOPLE WITH CASH ARE TOO RICH!"
... I'm pretty sick of it. That and being called a "Gym Bunny" pisses me off. Not as pissed, I imagine, as I would have been to be called a whale.

This site is really falling apart. I might hiatus and go to Menewsha.

Feral Sailor

10,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Profitable 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Norela Lorre
Hollywood Royale
If the site is still kicking it in 2015 I'll probably still be here.... it would be nice to be able to say I was a member for ten years n__n
Sure I spend money on GCash here and there, if I can. But I don't let my cash consumption rule my experience here on Gaia. I'm not above sacrificing items I already have to the MP in order to get fancy new items. Some of the prices recently are a little crazy, but hey, we can't have everything! That's true in life, and it's true in Gaia. I mean, just because there is a GOLD iPhone 5S now doesn't mean I neeeeeeeeeeed to haz it. I'm still quite happy with my iPhone 5. Ya dig?
As long as I can log on everyday, dress my avatar, buy and sell items on the MP and post in the forums, I am happy.

Eh, as someone who has been here nearly ten years, it's not all it's cracked up to be.
I, like many users, don't neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed anything. I'm just disappointed that when I log on I'm spammed with announcements that "WE'RE INFLATING YOUR THINGS!"
... I'm pretty sick of it. That and being called a "Gym Bunny" pisses me off. Not as pissed, I imagine, as I would have been to be called a whale.

Yeah, I hear you. The state of things is a little concerning right now; I'm definitely taking a break from buying anything. October will be the first month in like a year that I won't be playing RIG bundles: I simply can't afford the mp prices. That said, I'm thankful that I have a couple of saved outfits I really really like. And I feel good about my recent purchase of the violet Devi tail... I know it's not a ton, but hey that's 6mil out of the system!
As for menewsha... It's a cute site but man, it's just sooooooo as molasses. I haven't been able to get back into that site since like '10.
You might be interested in checking out syndrone; it just opened in April and it has interesting avatars and a pretty crazy dye system- pretty much every "premium" item
Is 100% customizable. Anyways. Yeah.
Whatever you decide, best wishes to you.

Shy Sweetheart

Unless some miracle happens, I don't see myself coming on much more. I've been on here for five years and it's been really, really sad seeing my friends and well-known people in the community slowly leaving because of all that's been happening. To be honest I've never had that much interest in this site but I was very active regardless, but now I don't really care anymore and only log in every now and then. Everything I found enjoyable is gone or ruined and all this gcash/cash shop crap is getting on my nerves. Like, I don't mind it, the site needs money of course, but lately their desperateness has been showing big time. I remember logging in and seeing exciting things that catch my eye but that has definitely stopped. There's nothing new. It's the same thing over and over.

Super Spook

24,600 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Nuclear Plant 500
vikinghalex

It all happened so quickly, to be honest. I used to love this site with ally my feels.
The only reason why I'm here now is to watch it go down.

I'm horrible. :c

Shameless Loverboy

Hollywood Royale
Norela Lorre
Hollywood Royale

Yeah, I hear you. The state of things is a little concerning right now; I'm definitely taking a break from buying anything. October will be the first month in like a year that I won't be playing RIG bundles: I simply can't afford the mp prices. That said, I'm thankful that I have a couple of saved outfits I really really like. And I feel good about my recent purchase of the violet Devi tail... I know it's not a ton, but hey that's 6mil out of the system!
As for menewsha... It's a cute site but man, it's just sooooooo as molasses. I haven't been able to get back into that site since like '10.
You might be interested in checking out syndrone; it just opened in April and it has interesting avatars and a pretty crazy dye system- pretty much every "premium" item
Is 100% customizable. Anyways. Yeah.
Whatever you decide, best wishes to you.

I completely forgot about Zantarni! I actually loved Zantarni for a while, when I originally took a hiatus from Gaia years ago.
Here's my Zantarni avatar! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pumpkin

vikinghalex
Ven Loraine
User Image
You are complaining about inflation of the items but ALSO complain about the "godawful" vendors?

You realise that vendors are actually HELPING deflation, unlike those users who make their gold by booty grabbing and posting?
Using the marketplace takes gold out of the system with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE. neutral
Vendors take gold out of the system instead of creating new gold.

I will still be here in five years or even ten.
I would only "leave" if I simply lose interest and forget about the site.
User Image

Wow, your obviously a dumb a** if you think vendors take gold out of the economy. First of all, Gold never really is removed from the market , it's always fluctuating from user to user. Second of all, the point I was trying to make was how vendors capitalize on set market prices and in turn alter them for profit; or how they take advantage of others mistakes for profit. Although, I will say the tax does somewhat help alleviate the problem, but most vendors I know never really use the mp to sell items. Instead it's used to advertise said item, until they get a buyer, and then they vend or trade said item, thus avoiding that potentially steep tax. If it were up to me, I'd tax any kind of peer to peer exchanging, be it gift giving, trading, or whatever.

Also, I don't make my gold off booty grab. I fish to make mine. Also, I don't see anything wrong with posting for gold. And since you said that, I can tell you've not been on gaia that long. (actually I miss the days when posting and rating avi's were the only way to get gold.)

it is good you will still be here, maybe there is hope for gaia after all.

okay this is totally off topic, but

did you really just call ven a new user?

that's hilarious because he's been around and active for years.

i even think he was considered a prommie back when that was a thing.
is that still a thing?

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
It wasn't that they ever came out with gcash because without it the site wouldn't still be around. It's a business after all and has bills to pay. I'm not defending them for what they've been doing though because while the site needs money, they're not executing these releases right.
And Flynn's Booty or Flynn's Chest was just a stupid idea. Wouldn't have been bad if they gave us better gold shop items or gold sinks to help ease the inflation down a bit.

If they mixed up the sales they've been having with 99gc or lower priced little trinkets like they used to do and thrown those into the sales as well along with the outrageous priced crap that we've been getting it might make people less angry. Also pacing themselves and spacing the sales out so that they're not on top of each other like this too.

I don't see myself leaving anytime soon no matter how negative it's been feeling around here and how many of my friends have left because of these things, but I certainly don't see myself going on shopping sprees on the MP or cash shop either. At least till they balance out their sales for not just the super rich people who can throw money around but also for the casual player. Also until the MP settles back from being ludicrous with the prices to back to the reasonable prices of before Flynn decided to whore herself off.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
        I am without a doubt sticking through it. How active I will be is primarily being affected by my school work and lack of ability to quest. But I still love this site more than any other and don't plan on leaving.

Pure-hearted Dark Elf

I agree with the inflation and with we got(/get) too often announcements about expensive items, what we can buy in the Cash Shop for too much cash. So yes, Gaia gone too greedy to the cash direction. The cash is here long years ago. It's just increased, that's all. It's not very good always, i agree with this too. But you and/or anybody not should order cash, it's everybody's own choice and possibility, if he/she want to pay for it. It's no good you and/or anybody scold the Gaia about the cash system! So don't scold because nobody force(d) to buy cash!

Shadowy Shapeshifter

6,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I've been on this site since 2007 and I could never abandon my account but I seriously got so sick of all the cash items. There are too many. It actually overwhelmed me and I kinda left. I don't regret the stuff I've bought with GC though, but I won't be buying anymore. After being on Flight Rising I'm much better at forums so I think that's all Gaia is to me now. I can't afford anything so I guess I'll just chat. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff