Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Genius

11,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Tycoon 200

i'm staying, i met a lot o great people here.
                          that's something the gold cannot buy.
                          :]

King Awesomolocity
JUST CALL ME V
Sorry, but the "just added" is used primarily by vendors that sit there clicking F5 five times per second to snag misprices; etc. 24 hours a day. Anybody else using it would just find another way to browse the items you mentioned.

This thread specifically mentioned vendors, and I believe that the vendor issue would be solved if the "just added" option in the marketplace was removed. The only ones truly butthurt by this would be the vendors that stalk the just added listings night and day.

How is vending an issue? sweatdrop
If anything, vendors are probably one of the biggest contributors to combating inflation; they buy and sell on the marketplace.
Meaning every single time a transaction is made, 2% of the final gold is taken away from the economy. No where in there is gold being created.
~King Awesome

Wrong. The top "vendors" stake out the "Just Added" listings 24/7 so they can snag misprices and then relist at some ridiculously high price. Just exactly how is this combating inflation?

Besides, I didn't make this thread. I was replying to the OP with regard to what they cited as an issue: Vendors. I just happen to wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
JUST CALL ME V
King Awesomolocity
JUST CALL ME V
Sorry, but the "just added" is used primarily by vendors that sit there clicking F5 five times per second to snag misprices; etc. 24 hours a day. Anybody else using it would just find another way to browse the items you mentioned.

This thread specifically mentioned vendors, and I believe that the vendor issue would be solved if the "just added" option in the marketplace was removed. The only ones truly butthurt by this would be the vendors that stalk the just added listings night and day.

How is vending an issue? sweatdrop
If anything, vendors are probably one of the biggest contributors to combating inflation; they buy and sell on the marketplace.
Meaning every single time a transaction is made, 2% of the final gold is taken away from the economy. No where in there is gold being created.
~King Awesome

Wrong. The top "vendors" stake out the "Just Added" listings 24/7 so they can snag misprices and then relist at some ridiculously high price. Just exactly how is this combating inflation?

Besides, I didn't make this thread. I was replying to the OP with regard to what they cited as an issue: Vendors. I just happen to wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

Inflation happens when there is more gold in the economy.
Vending removes gold from the economy.
Vendors do not contribute to inflation.
~King Awesome

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
I am almost certain I will still be here in 2014, the main thing that has kept me here is the forums, there's always a thread or two a day that I'm interested in posting in. I don't particularly care about other features except for the Avatars, so unless they do something like force you to pay to post in the forums, I won't be leaving.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Lord Kalek
Ven Loraine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/draggy-chan/6pgf9cj-1.png
You are complaining about inflation of the items but ALSO complain about the "godawful" vendors?

You realise that vendors are actually HELPING deflation, unlike those users who make their gold by booty grabbing and posting?
Using the marketplace takes gold out of the system with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE. neutral
Vendors take gold out of the system instead of creating new gold.

I will still be here in five years or even ten.
I would only "leave" if I simply lose interest and forget about the site.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/draggy-chan/5essy0.gif

Wow, your obviously a dumb a** if you think vendors take gold out of the economy. First of all, Gold never really is removed from the market , it's always fluctuating from user to user.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Target acquired. "

»»» Are you forgetting that each transaction in the marketplace also deducts a 2% tax? That gold is eaten, it is taken from the buyer but not given to the seller. It slips into the void and ceases to exist.

Trading, on the other hand, THAT does not remove gold from the system.

" Shutting down. "

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
So i ask you, my fellow gaians, do you even see yourself still on this site in 2014?

To answer your question, no. Flynn's booty and Gaia Cash aren't the reasons why though.
King Awesomolocity

~King Awesome

Yes.

They.

Do.
TigerLilyChick
So i ask you, my fellow gaians, do you even see yourself still on this site in 2014?

To answer your question, no. Flynn's booty and Gaia Cash aren't the reasons why though.

More importantly, I don't see GAIA here in 2014,

Hilarious Genius

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Timid 100
yeah its ridiculous i just decided to come back to gaia after losing my old account, in 2005 s**t you could buy them pet things for no more than 100K maximum now it skyrocketed
AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

OG Noob

complain all you want, eventually you are going to crack and spend money on this site. Then you'll realize it ain't so bad after all.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
JUST CALL ME V
King Awesomolocity

~King Awesome

Yes.

They.

Do.

No, they do not.
With every single transaction that they make, gold is being removed from the economy.
Inflation doesn't happen because people list items for high prices; inflation happens, because there is a massive amount of gold being put into the economy. And as I said, vendors REMOVE gold from the economy.
Do you understand, or do you still incorrectly think vendors cause inflation?
~King Awesome

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

-No, not really. I used to get on Gaia because I had nothing going on in my life. Actually I had no life to begin with, so Gaia became my scapegoat. But now I had a whole new beginning and my schedule became quite busy. I stopped posting regularly in my home forum about two months ago, and certainly I have no time to be here anymore. If Gaia's still around next year I'll probably pop in every so often to check on things on my home forum.

Another thing I'd like to discuss is the god awful vendors in the marketplace.
-This is something surprising to me.
I visited the marketplace a couple of days ago and some items' prices have skyrocketed.
It's kinda interesting because it's only happening with relatively cheap items, for example Keiko's Cake and Little Lucie. I remember buying the Keiko's Cake from a friend for 200k and now it's in the mils, same for Little Lucie.

But then again, vendors have always been like this. I've always had to hunt down sales for items I wanted through friends because the prices at the mp were ridiculous.

Kawaii Carnivore

settlefish
too much of a habit to quit now
i still like posting and making avatars
til they charge for that or make the site pay to play i'm staying

This .

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

I don't think I will ever permanently leave Gaia.
Though with that said, I am coming online less and less, with every passing week.
It's something I noticed.

I used to be a big regular here, but now the site doesn't seem as friendly/charming
as it used to be.

I know Gaia is a business, and needs money to run, but after awhile you get sick
of signing on and seeing constant advertisements in Dev notices and announcements.
The lack of fixing things, or investing in a game for it only to be removed,
or for it to be glitchy and shelved.

The only reason I come on is for the threads I am a regular in, and because
this site has a bit of sentimental value to me.
Otherwise I would have left ages ago

Enduring Hero

Although I can't say I'm thrilled about the new direction Gaia has taken, at the same time I don't see myself leaving anytime soon. I haven't been here much lately, though that's mostly due to me being a busy college student.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff