Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
٠•●♥ ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ ♥●•٠·

lol yeah I'll probably still be here for many, many years.
I've been here since 2006, and have hiatused here and there, sometimes for a year or more, but I always end up coming back no matter how much Gaia screws up.

It's really a bittersweet relationship lately lol

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Yukitsu
I've been here since 2003 so I don't think I'm going anywhere.... I can still be cranky and disappointed though, there's nothing stopping that.

I feel ya. I'll probs keep complaining and doing nothing until the end of time and still check back in because I like my lil avi dude.

Lucky Noob

So long gaia! I'm gone too!

Saxy Coder

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    It's just sad.
    TinierMe was facing this same problem of (Real Money) Cash Items > (Virtual Money) Chibi Coins
    I didn't like that, and thats part of why I preferred Gaia over TM (Especially since I joined Gaia before TM).

Now Gaia that Gaia is starting to focus more on Cash... well, it's like the US government.
    Gaia is "printing" more gold than what has backing, causing massive inflation.

Gaia, you're not supposed to be able to buy gold with cash.
    Now you're even going against this rule.

Buggy Mage

The venders have no choice though. the gold level is rising and if they don't raise their prices accordingly they wont stay afloat.
They're merely reacting to the problem, which is an over-abundance of Gaia gold. I only worry for the users that aren't venders. What on earth can they do to stay afloat? Many of them are likely already at the metaphorical ocean floor of gold value. : /

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
Probably to counter the coming gold sinks, and alittle to test what's gonna happen ninja

Anyway...I think all this talk is a good way to realize the problems of the real world..you can't quit real life, well, unless you die or something sweatdrop
Twisted Lady
JUST CALL ME V
Quickest way to get rid of vendors is for Gaia to take away that blasted "just added" option in the marketplace. I've been saying that for ages.

That won't get rid of vendors, that'll just piss off a lot of users. I know tons of people who use it to see the newest RIG items as soon as they're listed, and other people who use it just to see the items listed. Vendors will still buy items to resell, mispriced items would just take an extra few minutes to be bought up.

User Image

Sorry, but the "just added" is used primarily by vendors that sit there clicking F5 five times per second to snag misprices; etc. 24 hours a day. Anybody else using it would just find another way to browse the items you mentioned.

This thread specifically mentioned vendors, and I believe that the vendor issue would be solved if the "just added" option in the marketplace was removed. The only ones truly butthurt by this would be the vendors that stalk the just added listings night and day.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
JUST CALL ME V
Sorry, but the "just added" is used primarily by vendors that sit there clicking F5 five times per second to snag misprices; etc. 24 hours a day. Anybody else using it would just find another way to browse the items you mentioned.

This thread specifically mentioned vendors, and I believe that the vendor issue would be solved if the "just added" option in the marketplace was removed. The only ones truly butthurt by this would be the vendors that stalk the just added listings night and day.

How is vending an issue? sweatdrop
If anything, vendors are probably one of the biggest contributors to combating inflation; they buy and sell on the marketplace.
Meaning every single time a transaction is made, 2% of the final gold is taken away from the economy. No where in there is gold being created.
~King Awesome

Lionheart

Lord Kalek

Wow, your obviously a dumb a** if you think vendors take gold out of the economy. First of all, Gold never really is removed from the market , it's always fluctuating from user to user.

First of all, let me say that I don't care if you were on Gaia since its first day. A user is a user, and we are all equal, from a factual standpoint.
Many vendors (such as myself) use the MP to sell things when they can't maintain selling threads for whatever reason. It's usually a lot more profitable than selling in the Exchange. I don't know what you've been looking at, but every time I go to the Exchange and a poor newb is trying to sell X item for just 1% or even 2% off MP to avoid tax, the poor guy gets laughed out of the Exchange.
So no, gold is not always fluctuating from user to user.

Lord Kalek

Wow, your obviously a dumb a** if you think vendors take gold out of the economy. First of all, Gold never really is removed from the market , it's always fluctuating from user to user. Second of all, the point I was trying to make was how vendors capitalize on set market prices and in turn alter them for profit; or how they take advantage of others mistakes for profit. Although, I will say the tax does somewhat help alleviate the problem, but most vendors I know never really use the mp to sell items. Instead it's used to advertise said item, until they get a buyer, and then they vend or trade said item, thus avoiding that potentially steep tax. If it were up to me, I'd tax any kind of peer to peer exchanging, be it gift giving, trading, or whatever.

Also, I don't make my gold off booty grab. I fish to make mine. Also, I don't see anything wrong with posting for gold. And since you said that, I can tell you've not been on gaia that long. (actually I miss the days when posting and rating avi's were the only way to get gold.)

it is good you will still be here, maybe there is hope for gaia after all.

Lord Kalek

Second of all, the point I was trying to make was how vendors capitalize on set market prices and in turn alter them for profit

That's called AI'ing. Not enough people are suckers stupid enough to buy into it to make the inflated price the new normal.

Lord Kalek

or how they take advantage of others mistakes for profit

Again, stupidity and misprice-sniping doesn't add gold to the system.

Lord Kalek

Also, I don't make my gold off booty grab. I fish to make mine.

Fishing generates fish. It's not like a real life pond where there IS a finite amount of fishies you could snag. Generating fish to sell or however you profit doesn't add gold to the system, however. So props to you.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Ven Loraine
I will still be here in five years or even ten.
I would only "leave" if I simply lose interest and forget about the site.

Agreed. I still have a lot of fun on this site, and I'm not gonna go doomsday yet.
I mean, s**t, the major goldsinks are supposed to be coming, both temporarily and permanent ones.

Hallowed Protector

I think, people dramatize the whole thing a bit much.
Yes the economy is shitty here.
But no one forces us to buy anything.
We can have fun in forums heart

Etheziel's Husband

Sparkly Unicorn

Serethielle
Lord Kalek

Wow, your obviously a dumb a** if you think vendors take gold out of the economy. First of all, Gold never really is removed from the market , it's always fluctuating from user to user.

First of all, let me say that I don't care if you were on Gaia since its first day. A user is a user, and we are all equal, from a factual standpoint.
Many vendors (such as myself) use the MP to sell things when they can't maintain selling threads for whatever reason. It's usually a lot more profitable than selling in the Exchange. I don't know what you've been looking at, but every time I go to the Exchange and a poor newb is trying to sell X item for just 1% or even 2% off MP to avoid tax, the poor guy gets laughed out of the Exchange.

Lord Kalek

Wow, your obviously a dumb a** if you think vendors take gold out of the economy. First of all, Gold never really is removed from the market , it's always fluctuating from user to user. Second of all, the point I was trying to make was how vendors capitalize on set market prices and in turn alter them for profit; or how they take advantage of others mistakes for profit. Although, I will say the tax does somewhat help alleviate the problem, but most vendors I know never really use the mp to sell items. Instead it's used to advertise said item, until they get a buyer, and then they vend or trade said item, thus avoiding that potentially steep tax. If it were up to me, I'd tax any kind of peer to peer exchanging, be it gift giving, trading, or whatever.

Also, I don't make my gold off booty grab. I fish to make mine. Also, I don't see anything wrong with posting for gold. And since you said that, I can tell you've not been on gaia that long. (actually I miss the days when posting and rating avi's were the only way to get gold.)

Lord Kalek

Second of all, the point I was trying to make was how vendors capitalize on set market prices and in turn alter them for profit

That's called AI'ing. Not enough people are suckers stupid enough to buy into it to make the inflated price the new normal.

Lord Kalek

Lord Kalek

Fishing generates fish. It's not like a real life pond where there IS a finite amount of fishies you could snag. Generating fish to sell or however you profit doesn't add gold to the system, however. So props to you.

Cool ur tits bro.

... Nuff said.

Hesitant Hero

14,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
Gaia cash came out in 07, and originally wasn't too bad of a concept. Really it was all fine until this last few months.

Lionheart

Lord Kalek
Serethielle
Lord Kalek

Lord Kalek

Lord Kalek

Lord Kalek

Lord Kalek

Cool ur tits bro.

... Nuff said.
No.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Smooth Kitten

L3D
So long gaia! I'm gone too!
Bye Divo. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items