• Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
Well i can stop buying items....but i will still be around time to time

Girl-Crazy Lover

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
Yep, I knew it was only a matter of time before they released this again. I wonder how long they can keep this up before they run out of idiots willing to throw money at them?

Ruthless Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
The Demon of Durem
Ven Loraine
User Image
You are complaining about inflation of the items but ALSO complain about the "godawful" vendors?

You realise that vendors are actually HELPING deflation, unlike those users who make their gold by booty grabbing and posting?
Using the marketplace takes gold out of the system with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE. neutral
Vendors take gold out of the system instead of creating new gold.

I will still be here in five years or even ten.
I would only "leave" if I simply lose interest and forget about the site.
User Image

Wow, your obviously a dumb a** if you think vendors take gold out of the economy. First of all, Gold never really is removed from the market , it's always fluctuating from user to user. Second of all, the point I was trying to make was how vendors capitalize on set market prices and in turn alter them for profit; or how they take advantage of others mistakes for profit. Although, I will say the tax does somewhat help alleviate the problem, but most vendors I know never really use the mp to sell items. Instead it's used to advertise said item, until they get a buyer, and then they vend or trade said item, thus avoiding that potentially steep tax. If it were up to me, I'd tax any kind of peer to peer exchanging, be it gift giving, trading, or whatever.

Also, I don't make my gold off booty grab. I fish to make mine. Also, I don't see anything wrong with posting for gold. And since you said that, I can tell you've not been on gaia that long. (actually I miss the days when posting and rating avi's were the only way to get gold.)

it is good you will still be here, maybe there is hope for gaia after all.
No need to insult someone so harshly just because they prove you wrong.
Yes, vendors DO take gold out of the economy. The 2% market tax takes out a lot given how many vendors there are at any given point in the day, quietly lurking and toiling away.

Oh god, so apparently someone's age on Gaia has point in all this? I sincerely doubt it.
I'm sure you're aware that the good old days supposedly, the site was small enough that the MCs were just about enough to hold it up. The introduction of Gcash which you hate so much, marked the point where they alone were not viable to keep the site up and running.
nah I'm just going to keep settling on s**t and lowering my expectations until all I can do is look through the crystal sparkle payscreen at all the beautiful people
The Demon of Durem
I don't even know what to quest for any more, everything keeps skyrocketing in price thanks to Flynn's booty . (I'd like to meet these experts who said it wouldn't affect the economy in the short term, gaia.)

But the real source of the problem is gcash. Ever since gcash came out gaia has really gone to hell. It seems like everyday or so there's another cash shop announcement. There has yet to be a playable game to come out of development since gcash came out.

So i ask you, my fellow gaians, do you even see yourself still on this site in 2014?

I've always loved gaia for its content and community, but it seems the content has become nonexistent, unless you count cash shop releases, or specials.

Another thing I'd like to discuss is the god awful vendors in the marketplace.

Quickest way to get rid of vendors is for Gaia to take away that blasted "just added" option in the marketplace. I've been saying that for ages.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,600 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
I still see myself being her in 2014 solely for my friends and the guild we're in. I realized some time ago that everything was too inflated for me to ever afford anything ever again which is why I just keep hording what I do have. I only ever see myself spending money on this site again if Gaia releases some nice GC exclusive that I want, like that snake bundle. I never buy RIGs because risking my real money for a chance at something really worth it is stupid, and I haven't bought a MC in...years maybe, because they're all so boring now.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

I checked the worth of my inventory and it literally multiplied in price
only thing I can say is wow

really this was inevitable though, everything with microtransactions end up pay to win anyway
in this case pay to get rich
they should have taken a warning from tinierme

anyway I'm done with this website, it's too good to last
If all they're going to do are "sales" and no new content it's a dead place to me
I think in the future years the only people gaia will have left are rich people and white knights

Greedy Capitalist

12,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I'll probably still be around, I'm just thankful I have enough good items in my invo to keep me amused since I can't see myself buying many items with the inflated prices.

Kawaii Dark Elf

15,150 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I've been here since 2003 so I don't think I'm going anywhere.... I can still be cranky and disappointed though, there's nothing stopping that.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

I'll be here til this place goes tits up and catches on fire...so I can roast some marshmallows over it's broken, flaming husk!

In seriousness though, I'm here for my friends!

Friendly Explorer

Because of what others have said, I looked at my account worth too... Let me just say that I'm happy that I made my big purchases a week ago. sweatdrop I'll most likely be on Gaia as long as they don't take out all of the fun out of the forums and events like Halloween, Christmas and Easter. Questing for items is definitely going to get hit hard. :/

Sparkly Explorer

As long as my friends are still here, I will be here. But as for supporting Gaia, I just can't do that anymore.

Golden Bunny

JUST CALL ME V
Quickest way to get rid of vendors is for Gaia to take away that blasted "just added" option in the marketplace. I've been saying that for ages.

That won't get rid of vendors, that'll just piss off a lot of users. I know tons of people who use it to see the newest RIG items as soon as they're listed, and other people who use it just to see the items listed. Vendors will still buy items to resell, mispriced items would just take an extra few minutes to be bought up.

User Image

Super Noob

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
MORE. GOLD. SHOPS. AND GS UPDATES. And just generally higher quality ones cause the last few kinda flopped terribly like woah wtf did you even try.

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE

Invisible Giver

Ven Loraine
User Image
You are complaining about inflation of the items but ALSO complain about the "godawful" vendors?

You realise that vendors are actually HELPING deflation, unlike those users who make their gold by booty grabbing and posting?
Using the marketplace takes gold out of the system with EVERY. SINGLE. PURCHASE. neutral
Vendors take gold out of the system instead of creating new gold.

I will still be here in five years or even ten.
I would only "leave" if I simply lose interest and forget about the site.
User Image

Never thought of that. But amazing point!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff