Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spyrite
I'm the same. Or at least have talked to them via forums. My list is small and I like it that way. I don't mind more people, but first meet and then add.

It's times like this I wish my rad punk wardrobe featured some warmer clothes.

Perfect Saint

I used to add randoms for zOMG. Always looking for people to play with in the past.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
I shall learn from your experience and keep just declining random adds XD I don't bother even talking with them before declining.

And....boy I sound like a rude person. But I mean, is it really that hard to talk to me first? Most people on my friendlist I haven't even talked with in forever, why should I add someone else that isn't even gonna talk before going on my list?

I like to keep my friendslist clean and free of random people I don't know.

I deleted most of my friend list about a year ago, I had soo many pages of people who weren't active uvu;;
clearly I don't mind random adds, I'll add anyone tbh, that being said my new friend list is 9 people and only 3 of them are active lol

Lot!on's Husband

Tiny Donator

14,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Ironically I just got a friend request. I've posted like two things today and haven't entered towns.
Lets see what they think they'll gain...

Unstoppable Hoarder

I normally just reject all of my random adds. I don't even bother to pm them. So, no stories to tell, unfortunately.

Excitable Kitten

14,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Launch Party 100
Do you like random adds? If so, why? If not, what are your reasons?

Nope, it seems kind of weird to me. I dunno, maybe it's the whole "I have no idea who this person is" thing.

Do you prefer to talk to people before you add them? If not, why not?

I'd prefer a person talk to me first, or at least send me a message explaining why they decided to add me. Whenever I add people I tend to put an explanation, and it'll usually be after I've had a lengthy conversation with them in the forums.

How full is your friends list? Do you know all of them? Do you ever clean it out?

I don't think it's very full. I think I have talked to all of them a couple times. I never clean it up, but I probably should.

Do you ever meet people who get uppity because you won't add them randomly?

I don't remember anyone ever saying anything about me not adding them.

Daring Red-Shirt

Most of my friends are people I role play with or have role played with in the past.

Typically I don't add people otherwise unless I've chatted with them, though there's always a few exceptions.

I clean my friend's list out every now and again when I remember I have people on there I haven't talked to in ages. Not very often, though.

Donaugh's Husband

Indulgent Demigod

Goes Fast
As this is an RP account, I don't usually add random cosplayers from Towns, as they're kinda notorious for not sticking with one character for more than a few days. In fact, pretty much all of my friends on here are either people I actually RP with, or their mains.

But lemme tell you a couple of horror stories.

A few months back on my main, I got a random message from someone who wanted to be my submissive. My internet submissive. I ignored the message. Then I got the same message on my RP main. Ignored it again. I'm kind of bracing myself for the message to show up here, too, but until then...

Oh, and then there's a story from about a month ago. I'm female, irl, and this character is male. I'm also really fond of dressing him up to look female, because arm and leg mods have really come a long way in making avatar gender really ambiguous. So I close out of Towns and notice I've got a message. Some dude saw me running around Towns picking up flowers and bugs and decided to try and RP-romance me via PM. As soon as the magic words were spoken, "I'm male", bro was gone like the wind. Ah, le amour.
You'll always get those people who send the same messages to everyone. Literally, everyone it seems like. And they're usually those "hey sexy" "do u wanna be my master biggrin " types of people. I've had the same 5 people PM all my accounts with stuff like that, and it's pretty much always the same message. One dude even outright denies it even if I dig up his old messages and show them to him.

Aged Citizen

Do you like random adds? If so, why? If not, what are your reasons?
no...cause i don't exactly know them

Do you prefer to talk to people before you add them? If not, why not?
i don't add people.

How full is your friends list? Do you know all of them? Do you ever clean it out?
i'm not sure...haven't look recently but yes, i do the cleaning sometimes

Do you ever meet people who get uppity because you won't add them randomly?
i don't think so.

Any horror funny stories about random adds?
nope...nothing interesting cause i hardly talk or post...

i had to switch off my friends request in 3 of my accounts, as i like to gift people randomly using these 3 accounts and they usually send a friend request and it makes me feel bad to reject them...
and 2 of the accounts, i had to disable gift feature too... emotion_facepalm

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ooof i can't stand random adds. I love a friend request if it's someone I'm getting along well and talking to, but someone I've never even seen before? Nah. Nahhhhh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff