Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Sex Symbol

Kid Jak
ok saw the title of this thread

I'm here to have Fun and chew bubblegum and I am all out of bubblegum!

gonk

No bubblegum?!? Well fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- *dies*

Enduring Sex Symbol

VVhip
Wish I could tip this topic 100x over.

I have opinions on those topics, none of which I say since that tends to garner abuse. It's just a waste of energy now.

I'm here to have fun and escape all the real world issues I spend a lot of my heart and soul on. I still do have fun here too, I wouldn't come online if I didn't!

Totally.

It's about the end experience. If you still have fun? Great, that's the goal!

If you're not... Maybe it's just time to move on. We all get disillusioned with some things in this world, and well frankly, not everything can (or needs to be) saved.

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
I dunno, the last event was pretty awesome. Of course, I didn't even do any fighting, it was just a blast to adopt a persona and shoot the s**t with other people in the event forum.

People go on and on about the site various abuses, but I've sorta stopped caring. ******** it, I'm just here to yammer nonsense at people.

Enduring Sex Symbol

Ambiverted
that's pretty much why i'm still here
i dont spend money
i dont get every item i ever want
but there's still something fun about coming to the forums
and occasionally playing with my avatar

Ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner! cool

Enduring Sex Symbol

Pengaana
It seems even despite inflation I can still pick up a few new items
my tastes have always ran along the more cheaper route
but even if I couldn't get anything new I have like a zillion items
I could probably make a new avatar every single day

I'm here to make avatars, cosplay, and occasionally spout my words into the void
I can still do all those things on Gaia just like I could years ago
I don't have time to fuss about things off and on Gaia, I come here to have fun and relax
There's a reason I hiatused from Tumblr, if it makes you angry take a break from it

Yeah, most of the things I came here for?

I can still do them completely uninterrupted!

Thank you Gaia. cool

Enduring Sex Symbol

Paro-Daryl
1-800-OMG-STFU
Madam Ace
1-800-OMG-STFU
Madam Ace
Yeah, some days there's just so much vinegar in the GCD that we could have pickles for days.
Sometimes I can't take it. I have to take a break for a while. Hit the eject button and come back after a while.

But my favorite times are events and monthly CI days. It's almost like and entirely different mood. Everybody so excited over new shiny things. It's so nice.

Plus I've made so many friends, so I always have them to look forward to.

Yay for fun things! emotion_yatta

Although if you think the GCD is rough, try SF. I'm afraid to. whee

I tried once. Nooooooooooooooooooooo

I never been there since.

rofl

I'll join you and keep you company if you do it. But not going in alone. Never again. sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All jokes aside...That Site Feed place is pretty wired and full of interesting topics..of varying entertainment.

Indeed it is. It would be a good place for me to get in trouble all by my lonesome. ninja

Enduring Sex Symbol

Ami Satomora
I wish there was more happy topics like this gonk

Anyway, I still come on Gaia because I have friends here. And the avatars and the forums. Despite there are times I want to give the community a well placed dope slap and I don't always agree with some decisions Gaia makes. It gives me something to do and it relaxes me from the stress of real life things.

I'm not as active as I used to be when I started that's mostly because I started Gaia when I was 15, I'm 24 now and loladultduties, but I still log in every day and hang out and stuff. It's kinda hard to imagine my time before I found Gaia you know @~@

User Image

You don't have to be super active or even love absolutely everything about this place. It's enough that you still get SOME sort of enjoyment from the site and find it worth your time to log in and do things here.

Guess what? Gaia has achieved it's goal if that's what you're, in fact, doing. 3nodding

Enduring Sex Symbol

Auriga La Shock
I usually have a lot of fun on this site even without being a GC buyer. Yeah it makes questing take a little longer (and it's not impossible to buy items in the billions if you actually know how to make gold), but I don't mind it taking longer. Questing is something I do not only to get an item, but to give me something to do when bored. And after all the time and effort it feels great to finally get an item ^^

zOMG is always a fun thing to do on Gaia and gives lots of entertainment/devotion if you want to work on badges or just leveling up to CL12.

lol If you haven't noticed, I like questing more than just items. I'm currently working on crafting backwings for the achievements, but when I'm done with that I'm going to work on fishing to earn an Angelic Fishing Rod. There's actually quite a bit to do on this site in between events =P

Friends and forums are another entertaining thing that keep me coming ^^

Some people love a good quest, sure! And yeah, Gaia Cash makes questing just a wee bit easy in my opinion. If you're a trust item quester, you'll go it the "traditional" route for sure. 3nodding

Enduring Sex Symbol

August Star Of Heaven
xd Kinda ironic that it's the time when I am most alone here in Gaia is the time I'm having the most fun.

The selection of new items have been astounding this year.

I got my sister to drop by once in a while to this site and finance my quests. She did get to live her BBC Sherlock cosplay dreams here though rofl

I still do miss my old rp friends but can't cry over very spoiled spilled milk.

Yay for your sister! xd

And yeah, old friends long gone can be tough, but hey, you seemed to stick it out, right? wink

Alone time can be good sometimes.

BA-Bubs's Princess

Naughty Wife

1-800-OMG-STFU
AikoMiyoko
This is precisely why I log on Gaia. To have fun, to mingle with my friends who are equally as mentally insane as I am, and definitely for the dress up. Those who are fighting for a 'better' Gaia, well more power to them, I just choose not to get all riled up about first world problems and concentrate on the good (addiction more like it 3nodding ) it brings me instead...like for example, how I have no control over shiny things and resort to blackmailing my best friend to get it for me. And it works 11/10 times. I know right? Call it being apathetic towards the surrounding problems, but eh...I still have fun and that's all that counts.

From time to time, I choose not to hang out in threads which are negative, but I do keep informed, because everyone loves some drama dramallama . The bashing on users and staff though, that I simply do not tolerate, it beats the purpose for a better Gaia and rather childish to be honest.

Yes, yes, yes. This. THIS!

I love you cooky bastards and that's why I keep returning. xp

Drama? I could do without it, it does nothing for me. It's the people who make this place what it is. If you can't get your shinies on and that pusses you off to no end? Perhaps you are forgetting the real reason this "community" was brought to us.

Do your own thing, it's fine. But don't preach to me if I choose to do MY own thing as well. 3nodding

Preach it!
Btw..I find your avi rather intriguing now that I've taken a closer look... blaugh

captcha: too many secrets eek

Devoted Heckler

“I wanted to rub the human race in its own vomit, and force it to look in the mirror.” - J G Ballard.

I'm quite enjoying watching the world burn. I will be here 'til the end, making a throne from your skulls.
I lurk around a lot, I can almost always find ways to amuse myself around the site though, even if all I do in the end is to play with my avi for an hour and not even save it. I try not to get too involved in threads about bashing things.

Nerd

1-800-OMG-STFU
B I B A X T
This...this is about what we enjoy on the site still right? I'm so tired-need sleep-send help sweatdrop

Things I enjoy número uno is the forums and avatars for the most part things haven't changed I get to see pretty pretty avatars with people voicing different opinions behind them and it's just fascinating, número dos the plot that ever loving long drawn out soap opera plot that gaia has is fun and unique to gaia and I just love reading it granted it's become a slow moving snail where it takes eons to get anywhere in the story but hey there's still a story, and número tres I like the events they're funny and fun and something cool to do when I'm bored on the internet.

Sort of. It's about why you still come to Gaia despite all the flack it has been taking over the last year or so. So many people say they hate the direction and tactics that Gaia has been taking lately, and yet they keep coming back here endlessly and many, daily. So what keeps YOU coming back regularly?

Oh then the above stated is definitely what keeps me coming back daily. Also I suppose an general interest in what's going to happen from here given all the flack and issues.

Trash Vampire

Yeah.... The times I get mad at how Gaia's run are few and far between, and even then it's brief. I just don't care about artificial drama. I have better things to worry about, I have a job to focus on, I have my art to do. Whines over the MP or whatever are pretty low on my list of problems

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
"the discussion is self-evident"
what?????

all i see is either over-exuberant love or terrible sarcasm...

either way, i still love gaia
its a nostalgia home to me, and through all its flaws i have heaps of happy memories on here
i'll never hate gaia
even through bannings and hackings and arguments, i've loved gaia
its a weird relationship, but gaia feels safe and comfortable to me

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out