Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
sterek

Wow, you must be stronger than me, because I get that from a lot of posts! But I struggled with some issues growing up, so some of them were a little too close to home anyway. *shrug*

I like to keep out of Virtual Hollywood for the most part too...
Getting hit-on is weird when I'm an avatar... ._.

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Sukegawa
the exchange scares me; like, it literally gets my heart racing because its so fast and violent in there
im not a big fan of the art shops, mainly because all the shops are full and people have better offers than me
(dear god all i want is pretty art of my regular avi :c)

as for places that need a clean-up, barton town could use a few more sub-forums for 1x1 roleplays and interest checks/group searches
and gcd could use a sticky that tells people not to post "oMg iNFLatiON!!111!1!!!1" threads

lol

people in the GCD don't read stickies as it is (two of them mention not posting the type of threads that those inflation ones are and not to post in them if they're made)

they barely even bother to read the first post of the topic they're posting in

I'd rather that mods just did what they were supposed to in regards to the GCD but I have lofty dreams

in regards to the topic itself: every section on gaia has a lot of users that are dumber than a bag of rock salt. that's what the ignore feature is for. I use it and go where I want talk2hand

Rare

lunaoftheforest
Sir Black Tea
Gaia doesn't cause enough of a reaction for me to not want to go anywhere. Plus, this is a forum website. It's not like I'll get mugged. I can deal with some hurt feelings, but it's doubtful that would ever happen anyway.

Also honestly no place on Gaia needs "cleaning up" because I'm not a**l about other bending to my idea of what is "clean" or not.

Whelp. Sorry your Gaia is perfect.
Sounds boring.

You just complained about the parts of Gaia that you don't like... but you also don't like the idea of a perfect" Gaia that doesn't have the problems you just complained about because it would be boring....

like what does it take to satisfy you tbh

Time-traveling Senshi

The Site Feedback. The last fifteen months killed it for me. I used to lurk in there all the time but now with the visceral accusations and the users who jump all over each other if you're not instantly anti-Gaia HQ it's not the fun place it used to be. It used to be you could go in there and gauge the general feel of the community towards a new item or feature while getting a laugh or two over some pointless and silly drama someone was creating over something they felt it was their job to be worked up over. Now you go in there and it's nothing but nasty comments and people who think they have to post their version of the same tired worn out "letters" to the staff and announce how they're leaving the site just for the attention it brings to them.

On top of that you have people who don't question the validity of anything being posted in there or whether or not people have followed through with things Gaia said they were supposed to do in order to get an issue resolved (these would be things that should have a lot of people wondering if they're greedy as all get out). It's changed so much in the last year or so and it's not a change for the better. Oh sure I post in there but that's such a rare occasion now.

I seriously think that place needs a huge reset to it. It should be wiped clean and have everything start over fresh. It just needs that new forum feel to it in order to get the regulars in there back to feeling the way they did early last year. Whatever has infected the Site Feedback has got to leave and leave now.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Dalia Royce

Lol. It's like you actually go out of your way to go into someone's kitchen and get classified_fu when you get burned.

This is why I avoid the ED. Scary.

Nah, it's not like I like getting mad on purpose.
I know that my reaction is a little crazy, but that's why I said, I can't go in there.
But on the flip side, I feel like this is a site that you can get invested in. If I were on here with no feelings, then I would feel like there wasn't any point in being here.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
lunaoftheforest
Braev Dullahan

I always see your signature and it cracks me up!
Oh, I used to frequent the Chatterbox. Mostly I just peeked around for funny threads, and avoided the other ones.... But the GCD is my fav. Mostly because it's informative. 3nodding

I've been told lots of stories of drama, friendships being formed, then being tragically broken and sometimes relationships forming and then stalkers. o n o
Haha, I have a love-hate relationship with the GCD. I love that it gets all the juicy details, but I hate how addicting each person's responses can be. D<

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've been largely unsuccessful in selling in the exchange. I still try it for my hard to sell items, but in the end I just sell on the MP and eat the 5%. sweatdrop It's not that people are mean, I'm just pretty invisible on most parts of Gaia.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
This is me too! It's so crazy. I list things low as well, and so when I go to the exchange I'll post and then people come in and offer 50% of what I'm asking for... Or if I give an offer on an item they want more than the lowest market price.

And so many people there are just jerks about it. For example I'll just outright refuse a 50% offer, not saying "how about x?" And then they yell at me saying I'm not gonna sell anything if I don't give a price! Agghhh, I posted it in the first post!

That's actually an example of when someone was nice-ish. Jerk was when someone accepted my offer sent me trade, and then canceled it because someone else came in and made a better offer.

Or then there's "that guy" the one who bids like 1g more than you.

I no longer visit the exchange (at least I try not to) but I have noticed an increase in people acting like the MP is the exchange (sending me a pm offering an item, offering a heck of a lot lower price...etc etc)

Tipsy Genius

Snow Danger
people in the GCD don't read stickies as it is (two of them mention not posting the type of threads that those inflation ones are and not to post in them if they're made)

Yo this is literally my biggest ******** dilemma. Do I link my thread, and consequently keep their thread on the first page while also risking them replying to me with a comment? Or do I ignore the thread completely, even though people who can't click on the right ******** forum come to the GCD to ask questions most likely don't know they can't/shouldn't bump their thread until someone answers? AM I CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROBLEM OR AM I HELPING? DID I CREATE SCHRÖDINGER'S THREAD?? So many questions, so few answers.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Sir Black Tea

You just complained about the parts of Gaia that you don't like... but you also don't like the idea of a perfect" Gaia that doesn't have the problems you just complained about because it would be boring....

like what does it take to satisfy you tbh

looook, you're misunderstanding why I put this thread up in the first place, and the way you're phrasing things sounds rude, so of course I'm irritated by it. I'm sorry I snapped at you.
Yes, I ranted a little bit, but that wasn't my point. I said that I can't go in there, because it makes me upset. I asked if anyone else felt that way. I suggested a 'cleaning up' in the way of improvement, not some sort of cut and burn tactic.

I don't want a perfect Gaia. I never said I wanted a perfect Gaia. I just said that one area bothered me. I'm sorry if it sounded like I can't be satisfied. That's not what I meant. But i'd also appreciate it if you didn't treat my topic like it was ridiculous.

Magic Hero

i can't go into the GD
but that's because it's the actual sewer of Gaia

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Chaos_Bunny
This is me too! It's so crazy. I list things low as well, and so when I go to the exchange I'll post and then people come in and offer 50% of what I'm asking for... Or if I give an offer on an item they want more than the lowest market price.

And so many people there are just jerks about it. For example I'll just outright refuse a 50% offer, not saying "how about x?" And then they yell at me saying I'm not gonna sell anything if I don't give a price! Agghhh, I posted it in the first post!

That's actually an example of when someone was nice-ish. Jerk was when someone accepted my offer sent me trade, and then canceled it because someone else came in and made a better offer.

Or then there's "that guy" the one who bids like 1g more than you.

I no longer visit the exchange (at least I try not to) but I have noticed an increase in people acting like the MP is the exchange (sending me a pm offering an item, offering a heck of a lot lower price...etc etc)

Yeah, I don't know if it's just certain people, or are you bad at haggling by chance, because I am too and maybe that's it...
Either way, it's just a tough place, and I can't handle it.

I do, however, have a note in my store that people can PM me with offers, and typically I get good ones from the people in the MP. I'm very flexible when it comes to pricing. I just hate it when people get really rude when all I want is a little consideration while selling.

UFO

33,625 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Object of Affection 150
From my understanding, if you want to sell something for an average price, sell it on the MP. The Exchange is a place to make quick sales and for people to make a profit off of those quick sales. People aren't going to buy your items close to the average because they can easily go to the MP and do that. (Even if nobody is selling close to the average, tbh it only takes a PM or two to seal a deal). People in the exchange typically aren't interested in your items. They're interested in the profit they can make off your items.

Anyway, I can't go into the GD without making myself sick. The quality of that forum always impresses me when I look at it.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
pearlmethyst
i can't go into the GD
but that's because it's the actual sewer of Gaia

haha, any bad experiences you wish to share?

Lupine Labtech

I only ever go into the Exchange if I'm bored and want to see what people are selling.

I never go into the GD. That place is... urgh. It's full of 'those' kinds of people (i r so random ok) (i typ like this to seem kool) (attention pls) etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff