Yes 0.21848739495798 21.8% [ 26 ]
No 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 21 ]
Your mum killsteals 0.60504201680672 60.5% [ 72 ]
Total Votes:[ 119 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 >

Magic Hobo

Sir Black Tea
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
Wow, like a dozen posts got deleted off this thread since the last time I checked it. biggrin Good, I'm sure that'll make the internet forget.

It's weird because I didn't intend for this thread to be so long nor start drama but then it did?

Funny to see Ridley copies around tho

Honestly I didn't expect such great drama to come out of it either. I guess something hit a nerve. biggrin

Good thread, SBT. Good thread.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Now I'm curious what drama I missed. ninja

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Emulate all you want. Internet is all about being something you're not.

...eh.... I'm only really guilty of this when I try to look like an organization I belong to.... but then I am trying to look that part, not like someone in particular.... and even when I do this, I add my own flare.

Copy when you like! We need more eye patches in Gaia.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
s**t. There was Drama?

Damn.

I'm all like, busy in school an' s**t. GRAD SCHOOL IS HARD.

*kinda wants to be in loop*

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Yeata Zi

...eh.... I'm only really guilty of this when I try to look like an organization I belong to.... but then I am trying to look that part, not like someone in particular.... and even when I do this, I add my own flare.

That's more being part of an ingroup than an imitation, however.

... I always held a quiet little soft-spot for that threadful of robots, for personal reasons. emotion_kirakira

Angelic Nitemare

Yeah. It's absolutely hilarious. stare

Moonlight Mage

10,450 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
I don't think I could copy someone else's entire avatar, it would be too weird. When I create my own, I already have a theme or story in my head which I base mine off of. There are times I've seen someone use items in a combination which I think is awesome, and I might get an idea from that, or use the same combo in a different avatar. I think that's the only time I've copied someone.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Jackathyn
Yeata Zi

That's more being part of an ingroup than an imitation, however.

... I always held a quiet little soft-spot for that threadful of robots, for personal reasons. emotion_kirakira
They are pretty charming.

The threadful of Ridleys is confusing the bajebus out of me.

Greedy Capitalist

The only thing I think when I see that kind of person is that I wouldn't mind having that kind of popularity just to get free items/gifts from random people XD *is a total cheapskate*

Other than that I've never really wanted to be them or anything. The most I'll copy off someone else's avi is if I see a 2 or 3 item combo I like.

I don't have a signature look to my avi, I keep changing the look so there's nothing particularly special about it. Plus I've got a few cool wig/eye/etc items so I like to use them all and not just stick to one.

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
I'm definitely one of the copied and not a copier. I'm generally pretty oblivious to that stuff and my style isn't that unique, so when even I can notice that my style/writing/etc has been nicked... xd Yeah. The people that copy me are pretty blatant about it.

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

I do admire others avatars, but I seldom come across one that I want to emulate completely. Usually, there is a combination of items that I really like, and I'll borrow that, but the end result is different, because I build on it from there and make it personalized.

Honestly, there are so many options on Gaia, it's almost impossible to find someone with the same online presence style.

What I do really admire are people who can build an online persona: they're a kitsune, or an undead ballernia, a loyal Aekean, evil doll, or what have you. They can almost always be found in the same color scheme. Their avatars have a theme, like celestial, carnival, sweet lolita, Asian folklore. I would really like to create a persona like that, but I'm too fickle with my avatar.

Though, as time goes by, my style seems to be distilling into a handful of typical styles

Anxious Garbage

Eh, I don't try to 'become' or copy someone else. I'm me, not them. Now and then, however, I see an item combo I just HAVE to try, and then I am disappoint because I can't view their items.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
User Image

Its kinda easy to guess what all the drama was about and who was involved.... still to many bunny copy's atleast use a different hair!

xMill's Partner

Hmm, I'll admit that occasionally I'll see a nice item on another person's avatar, and because I've been on and off with hiatuses I need to sneak a peek at their equipped list or tektek to get the item name to see if it works well with my avatar or not. But I don't remember ever blatantly copying the vibe (be it avatar, item combination, diction, profile, post style, or whatever) of another user. It just seems... well, not classy! wink

Familiar Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
As a person who has been emulated a number of times, I honestly feel flattered when people shout me out as the starting point for their ideas.

Granted I've noticed not many people can keep up with a Q & A thread.

In fact, i could barely do it in the olden days.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff