Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did he really just killsteal

Yes 0.21848739495798 21.8% [ 26 ]
No 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 21 ]
Your mum killsteals 0.60504201680672 60.5% [ 72 ]
Total Votes:[ 119 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 >

Magnetic Lunatic

No, I'm not creepy like that. I'm creepy in tons of other ways, but not that one.

I defs don't need to copy people. I've changed avis twice today just cause I got bored. My art doesn't tend to fit in my signature so I'm a little embarrassed by what's there, but still, it's not like it's bad.

Sparkly Girl

I get really frustrated that I spend so much time trying to make what I believe to be a flawless avatar--only to have them come out to be mediocre in comparison to others. Or I see someone who has an extremely simple but very nice and put-together outfit, then I feel silly for wasting so much time on layering techniques and whatnot.

But in the end I am proud, I suppose? Of what I can accomplish?

What REALLY bums me out are when I see people who are much better graphic designers than I am on this site. <//3

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Nah. I just do my own thing. Mostly because I'm too lazy. u3u;

If I do see an item I like on someone else though, I'll usually buy it.

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
I see users with avatars, art, and profiles that just blow me away. I admire the shinies, but don't wish to be them. lol

Witty Autobiographer

This topic reminds me of the time when I tried to start a cutesy persona on a forum once. It was another avatar forum. I had the cute username, a cute avatar, used cutesy little faces and posted in a really upbeat, positive tone all the time.

Being someone else all the time got tiring. I eventually stopped. It wasn't like I lied about who I was, I just tried to change my personality. It wasn't me, and it wasn't worth the effort trying to be that.

I used to covet avatars, profiles, etc. etc., but it all became worthless over time. Why bother? It's what I do to relax. I feel much happier just being myself now.

Cannibal Horsey's Significant Otter

Eloquent Explorer

•○♣☼♣○•

Not fussed about profiles/sig/post/threads styles (I'm happy with mine XD ) however when I see a user with an awesome avie and amazing art... oh my gosh WANT!

There is something beautiful about a perfectly matched stylish avie and art accompanying it <3

•○♣☼♣○•

Smitten Pumpkin

Sometimes I admire custom profiles, but I wouldn't want theirs for my own. Although I wouldn't copy any, I could probably get some ideas for what works and appeals to me.

As far as avatars and posting styles (well, tone/ vocab/ etc.) go, I don't consciously copy anyone. My avatar's become more like a character, so I tend to keep some aspects of her the same. I'm sure it's similar to others, though.

Post styles can be pretty. On my laptop (versus mobile devices), I sometimes use a posting style with a little image of a pumpkin, which isn't original. I'm sure I'm copying someone.

I do like to browse the art others have. heart If I loved it enough, I would probably look into the artist's commissioning info. cat_3nodding

Omnipresent Loiterer

See, all this goes through my head and then I remember that I have a job, a boyfriend, a rockin sex life, live on my own, have a degree and the whole world ahead of me.

I don't have the time to keep up with such things because I've been given the opportunities to do other things with my life.

Past inspiration (the user Coffy is the entire reason I'm black), I've never really felt strongly about other users' presences. I had a friend shift my posting style for a while but now I mix it in as I need. It works. It's much easier to take cool bits of people than try to shoehorn yourself into their skin. And you're still you at the end.

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Their is hardly anyone these days with their own style nowaday. Just look around each forum hangout spot has multiple people with the same combo . Even in the person them selves the SoCal media and such form the youth of today.

Angelic Nitemare

You kidding? I have the opposite problem. I got a couple users tugging on my cape, so to speak.

I'm ok with sharing part of a look, but one of them is copying my whole schtick. Kinds creepy, and more than a litttle worrysome.

They know who they are, and they need to be more them and less me. Ask anyone here, one of me is more than enough.-lol -

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Ridley Starsmore
You kidding? I have the opposite problem. I got a couple users tugging on my cape, so to speak.

I'm ok with sharing part of a look, but one of them is copying my whole schtick. Kinds creepy, and more than a litttle worrysome.

They know who they are, and they need to be more them and less me. Ask anyone here, one of me is more than enough.-lol -
I have seen that person. I keep thinking its you.

Precious Seeker

I'm always impressed whenever I see an avatar with perfectly balanced colors. My attempts generally leave me aggravated with my inability to balance the color ratios as well as some of the users around. I also have a bit of trouble going outside of my style, and lament my lack of skill in making something that isn't feminine. Even my best attempts feel lackluster. Outside of avatar related admiration there isn't much I'd want to emulate. I'm happy being me.

Angelic Nitemare

Dark_Maiden_Queen
Ridley Starsmore

I have seen that person. I keep thinking its you.
Yeah...

Es no bueno.

Especially when they do not so nice things. Like disrupting a whole thread to spell check some's post. Who the hell does that here?!

Anyway...I don't mind sharing a bit of a look, it's a free site. And I tell folks I love seeing dander ears on others. But....the ears, pale white skin, White hair?

Not even my real life siblings look THAT much like me. sweatdrop

Ruthless Shapeshifter

I get some nice item combinations from others
but I've never gone so much as to copy an entire avatar. XDDDD
That's just weird. I like my own combinations too much.
Although purple still frustrates me.

I kind of don't get why some people would even want to copy someone.
Aren't they happy with themselves?

Stellar Succubus

I dunno, how can someone steal someone else's style when it's matching. Matching isn't exactly unique here.

My style? Hardly original. Come on. Grey skinned demoness dominatrix? How many thousands of those are there on Gaia. I give it no thought. There are plenty that do better than me at it, and at avatars in general. I'm not here to impress them or for popularity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff