No 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 21 ]
Your mum killsteals 0.60504201680672 60.5% [ 72 ]
Total Votes:[ 119 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I admire a few avis but copying/imitating isn't really my style. I don't even follow trends. I'm happy with most of the outfits I come up with even if they don't look special to other people.

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Anxious Gaian

11,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Normally I bace my avatar off of an item, like theses boots and the tree or a tiny nicknack. I build them in tek-tek first and then buy the items in baulk. I really don't worry about the visual appearance on my profiles or signature though as I'm to cheap to buy art or make my own.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Ping of Death
I admire a few avis but copying/imitating isn't really my style. I don't even follow trends. I'm happy with most of the outfits I come up with even if they don't look special to other people.
This, pretty much. There's quite a few users whose looks I really admire. But man, I can't be arsed to copy anyone's look unless it's for lulz and that's about it.

I'm quite fine with being the hairy nekkid faun dude who pimps out with a boa constrictor. Saves a bunch on my wallet, y'know. Especially when questing emotion_kirakira

Indomitable Bro

I have my style, I really like it.
I wouldn't want to copy anyone else, but that doesn't mean I don't really enjoy seeing everyone's different styles art.
also I found a copycat once hanging around in the same forum I was reg in for a really long time and it kind of stung.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Ping of Death
Oh, totally this.

Even if I ask someone to make an enviro tektek of me/my-inventory (avatar block or curiousity moment), I just can't seem to wear the outfit for long. There's just this thing about wearing other people's work that bothers me. It's not my work, so it's just not me, lol. Of course, I keep the enviro tekteks my friends made for me in a folder...somewhere...just because...

Now, when it comes to trends... It's not like I make a sweet, super clutter, matching, genderbend, etc avatars because it's a "thing" right now. I make whatever avatar because I feel like trying my hands at making them.
Leizce
No point. Being somebody else won't make me feel accomplished or fulfilled. gonk
This exactly. You just have to make your own path.

Cluttered Kitten

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I know I used to feel that sense of "I wish I was him/her" when I first started Gaia.
But I'm honestly perfectly happy with where I am in my own Gaian life nowadays.
I feel secure in my creative abilities as far as avi design goes. I have a solid style here. All my avis are self-made.
My presence in the forums is pretty solid as well. I keep all of my things (avi, profile, post style, sig) cohesive & organized.

I don't support the copying of other avis because that just shows a lack of creativity (IMO).
I instantly lose respect for those I see blatantly copying others. Avi design is an art. I treat it as such.

If anything, I do support the inspiration that develops from avi design.
To get inspired from certain elements, like color combinations or general themes, is respectable.
Then, if a person has that creative spark in them, they can really put a new twist on the entire look.
That's what I call a nice form of flattery-- without being too obvious, like outright copying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff