Welcome to Gaia! ::

At least you could turn the animated sparkles on your items off, but ha- not this Promote my Post feature!

Do you guys think Animated sparkles on your items are the lesser evil, now, compared to Promote my post? I'm sure people spend more time in the forums than in their dressing room, so it'd seem like the lesser evil to me, at least.

What if Rigel and Mintaka got to the Promote my Post feature? Animated sparkles on your thread topics! They run the Cash shop, and promote my Post is also a cash grab feature, so it would be possible. Would you use the feature, if that happened?

Mysterious Trickster

I can turn off Promote my Post... BY AD BLOCKING IT! emotion_awesome

No. Seriously. I can block it.

Relentless Glitch

I definitely wouldn't unless Gaia allows me to stab them repeatedly and have their sparkly blood decorate my thread. Maybe I can spare 200 GC for the privilege.
Dalia Royce
I definitely wouldn't unless Gaia allows me to stab them repeatedly and have their sparkly blood decorate my thread. Maybe I can spare 200 GC for the privilege.
how would having their sparkly blood decorate your thread be different from having their sparkleglitter decorate your topic title?

Stubborn Gifter

Kain-Senpai

Mind telling me how to? I have Adblock Plus on Chrome.

Saint

I'm testing out a userstyle I wrote that makes the PMP bars look nice and simple.
All these people puffing themselves up in pride over adblocking it are acting silly.
I've had to stare at ugly avatars and post styles for years

My only gripe with sparkle items is that they're animated and slow down my already craptastic connection

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Maerua
I'm testing out a userstyle I wrote that makes the PMP bars look nice and simple.
All these people puffing themselves up in pride over adblocking it are acting silly.

Agreed, Personally adblocking is bad for Gaia it pretty much tells everyone you don't care about our community.

Dapper Nerd

I don't see bad in it. It gets the point across. I see it and I want to know why that person paid to make it stand out. It draws me in. I think for 50 GC or even 100. Which you can get for free. Doesn't bother me. For me, I plan on using it. Using it wisely, with free gaia cash that I got for saving up from viedos. To me it is worth it.

Saint

King Blackwater
Maerua

Agreed, Personally adblocking is bad for Gaia it pretty much tells everyone you don't care about our community.

I do use adblock on Gaia as they either can't or refuse to change the kinds of ad packages they use; there are too many high-contrast, flashy, animated ads usually packed to the brim with scripts that bog down page loading times.

However I will never block this feature or throw a shitfit about people who use it. It's harmless, and it's not like ads are being shoved in their face. I hear far more bitching about PMP than the big fat ads placed inside daily chance or plastered around the forums.

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
Well, it certainly is eye-catching. Thankfully I am rather hard to get riled up over things like this. Gaia is a business, so it's no surprise that they would make money anywhere they could. It's a little obnoxious, but honestly it could be worse.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Kain-Senpai

This.

Seriously.

There's a guide for it and everything.

Invisible Player

I don't care. At all really. I dont see the issue. Perhaps I don't get much lag, but the item sparkles don't make me lag and I don't even notice them anymore. I am sure this feature will end with the same white noise level of nuisance.
Kain-Senpai

that defeats the purpose of people promoting their post
Maerua
King Blackwater
Maerua

I do use adblock on Gaia as they either can't or refuse to change the kinds of ad packages they use; there are too many high-contrast, flashy, animated ads usually packed to the brim with scripts that bog down page loading times.

However I will never block this feature or throw a shitfit about people who use it. It's harmless, and it's not like ads are being shoved in their face. I hear far more bitching about PMP than the big fat ads placed inside daily chance or plastered around the forums.

You don't hear people complain about the 'big fat ads' in daily chance because people who would normally dislike it just adblock it so they don't have to see it emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff