Welcome to Gaia! ::

Slumbering Tengu

Honestly it's gotten to the point where I'm practically dulled by all the releases
Limited items don't mean s**t to me these days
You can slap a limited sticker on a turd and it's still a turd
Adding a "limited" status isn't going to make me care more

This is how I feel about most items these days
it helps me get through the constant releases

Limited items are just as expensive as non-limited items: completely out of my reach
especially considering that Gaia seems to be so against good item generators

I have to be even pickier than I was pre-inflation
which means limited items are completely out of the picture
most of them are too damn expensive anyway

Victim

i think it's these bundles that have finally overwhelmed me

i really can't deal w/ 3 new bundles every 24 hours on top of the regular amount of releases

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
I was never a fan of forced rarity, and the fact that damn near everything is a limited item these days? Saying I'm done wouldn't even begin to cover things.

Added to Gaia's wacky economy and people insisting on defending the value of their precious limited items, and my patience is running thinner than a sheet of pasta put underneath the wad of money Gaia's sitting on with this bullshit.

Toothsome Elocutionist

gaia_spoons <-had to make my own, geez.

I was ok when they had limited items as for 3 months or something like that, you won't see it back in the cash shop.

Now this two year thing, I thin it is to scare people into buying it now instead of passing and never being able to afford it….

As for them all being the SAME item just recolored 100xs! That is surely annoying. If they spread it out more then a week for 10 colors of the same item, ok, go for it! but they have all been to close together.

Handsome Man-Lover

Too many in too short a time frame. I'm going crosseyed when I open LV.
And as much as I enjoy recolours I'm now just completely getting bored with a new one every other day of the same damn item.

So Long Gay Bowser's Significant Otter

Loves You

36,000 Points
  • In a Lilac Forest 500
  • Blink If You Love Me 500
  • Hart of the Forest 500
It was already feeling like an avalanche but now its GET IT NOW OR NEVER for all kinds of things.

At least if you dont LIKE a series or a set of colors its fine. Thank goodness I got a new job, but Im sure not spending it all on LE items. At least if we buy them they arent burned to the ground value wise in the next item RiG or bundle.

Further - like Astra: Celestial Portal Ascending Wings . If its six months (or as I question in my next post, two years!)

Remaining: 432/499 available qty
6 days 5 mins left!

Yes its a longer span of time, but that is only 67 of them in Gaia and as they dont rerelease LEs, then good luck EVER buying them with gold or items later. I realize there are 6 days left and more will sell, might even sell out, but those that dont take a huge dip the first day tend to not sell out especially with Bundlemas going on.

So Long Gay Bowser's Significant Otter

Loves You

36,000 Points
  • In a Lilac Forest 500
  • Blink If You Love Me 500
  • Hart of the Forest 500
DeadWifes
gaia_spoons <-had to make my own, geez.

I was ok when they had limited items as for 3 months or something like that, you won't see it back in the cash shop.

Now this two year thing, I thin it is to scare people into buying it now instead of passing and never being able to afford it….

As for them all being the SAME item just recolored 100xs! That is surely annoying. If they spread it out more then a week for 10 colors of the same item, ok, go for it! but they have all been to close together.

Are they ALL two years or just the ones in the Summer Sale? If its ALL two years, yeesh...

Shameless Streaker

Gaia doesn't understand how how to make users happier, but they sometimes prove they understand how psychology works. I think LQ items were introduced as to make users impulse-buy more often. Gaia is probably following the logic that their cash users will rush more often to spend quicker and more often if they feel they will be unable to get it in the near future. "s**t if I don't buy it now I'll have to wait X amount of time". And they're playing on the appeal if instant gratification that a lot of young people desire. Also I they're playing on the piece of s**t economy. Everything is expensive so gold isn't a safe investment, so the only decent investment is items; however so many things get re-released quickly that it's a gamble that can be doomed to fail.(like for people like me who invest in all the wrong items, and any rig fail I buy deflates even more later on)
However LQ items give the illusionist feeling of a safe investment.
Probably why those 5 or 6 items in the summer sale were put at 2 years before re-release.
(but the community isn't that clueless, making it a 2 year exclusive isn't gonna stop gaia from recoloring it a fraction of a shade different and putting that in the cashshop for less gc)
Personally I don't like the idea of LQ items, but I think it was pretty smart on Gaia's part

Devoted Heckler

It creates "a sense of urgency" which is a well known marketing technique. It worked too.

The only thing I dislike about LQIs is that they don't disappear from the CS when they sell out! scream

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
They released some I-WANT-items in really bad timing, and as Limited Items.
So yeah, I'm not too fond of all the Limited releases either.
I don't have a endless money income, Gaia.

Lupine Labtech

And they all look the same.

Hey, at least they're not releasing old MCs. OH WAIT.

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I don't even friggin' know what items exist now.

I'll see something I might like, but since it says "limited" I know there is no chance in hell I'll be able to afford it.

Empyrean Spirit

I feel it would be a different sentiment if they were really limited.
You're going to see them released again in a bundle, then perhaps again in a new RIG.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff