Welcome to Gaia! ::

Indulgent Consumer

I'm sure Gaians eat anything you'd see in Rina's store and then some. For meats...I mean--it'd be interesting if they ate paws... lol

Hardened Humorist

Gaians hunt Gaians. So goes Halloween.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
I don't think Carl is actually sentient. sweatdrop

I think he's just a rather scary elk that has taken up residence in a shop.

This whole conundrum is similar to the whole "What do they eat in the Pokemon world?" question. The only animals there are pokemon, and they're all pretty much established to be sentient, so... sweatdrop

I think here, it's not as much of a problem. There are a lot of sentient buggers around, but also a lot of dumb ones. I think that in the case of the Paws, there are some rabbit-like beings that are clearly sentient, and some that are not. Maybe they're related, like humans are to apes, but they're not the same thing. So no harm in eating the stupid ones. lol

Plus, we've got cows, fish... I'm guessing chickens... Basically, I don't think there's going to be a nonsentient food shortage anytime soon.

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
There's been a recent surge in hunger, due to the closing of zOMG. Gaians who would be able to hunt wild bootsnakes, fluffs, and the occasional land shark are now forced to feed their families on other means. Garlic, once the staple of many Barton dishes and Durem delicacies has become expensive. More and more gaians find themselves rummaging along with Old Pete, and complaining dryly about "All these damn caches".

Carl has been placed on watch, but onlookers speculate whether anyone would be stupid enough to hurt Carl. Many believe that the deer is a vessel of unknown evil and that upon killing the creature eternal darkness will fall across the land of Gaia. Still, with the increase of hunger and the loss of wealth for the working class gaian, it is a tempting choice.

Fishing remains a solid avenue for food, but many are finding it impossible to take their catches back home. Large, imposing collectors, dubbed Captcha Crew, spout gibberish until tired, hungry Gaians give up and leave to soothe their nerves. Even if they can get past the crew, most Gaians buckets are filled with trash from the GOLD GOLD GEN factory.

On the topic of the Captcha Crew, no one knows from where they came, but they are intent on not allowing a robot rebellion occur. Maybe this is where the Zurg believers went? They were indoctrinated against the impending robots. Still others believe that they are a new, nefarious element of the Kuro Gang. Kuro had for some time been implicated in the GOLD GOLD GEN factory that has tipped the economy out of control.

Beloved Brennavin has decided to sell one of their products. Some believe that the wizard worked his magic to make the GOLD GOLD GEN produce far less gold than the cost of purchase. It is unclear if Bren has decided to join Kuro, or is simply using their tactic to level the economy. His shop, once a hub of fashion, is old news. Incapable of adusting to the inflating economy, Brennavin chose to sell all his wares at the same "low" prices and now very few don his spectacular items.

It's truly a dark time

Wild Comrade

Slick Southpaw

Gaians don't seem to be very picky about what 'we' eat based on the Orphans event food items which included objects that had very questionable nutritional value. This might only apply to the very poor, but there might be more of these terrible meals suggested by the Gaia World Map and the fishing minigame.

As long as it isn't against the law to eat it it's probably fair game.

Can we eat Paws avatars? 'First you get your frying pan, then the oil, and then your cat...' Uh, I wouldn't want to. Wow. rofl

Radio Jack is my favorite animal NPC.

Carl probably has lots of kids because a deer that is to be feared has all the advantages in the deer life.

It's kind of sad to think about Rufus's unclaimed kittens, but such is the life of cats. Paws might be descendants of Rufus, but why would they be bipedal?

Playful Kitten

Fish I could see being on the menu, regardless of mermaids. Mermaids gotta eat too yaknow XD
It's hard to really think about whats on the menu in the gaia world.... Well, based on items we get I suppose it's lots of cake and tea and biscuits and strawberries haha!
But umm... wouldn't eat carl, even if you paid me. He gives off this stanky vibe >_> -shudders-

Apocalyptic Lover

Slick Southpaw

Food for thought:
    What do you think Gaians eat?
Sweet delicious pixels. They come in bags out of vending machines. Just... rainbows of pixels, thrown in. Also skittles. Occasionally dead accounts.
    What is an acceptable standard for eating a living thing in Gaia? Examples: plants that attack are okay to eat, defective fish, cows, non aggressive plants, annoying cats or rabbits, ect
Only if it doesn't scream.
    If Paws/Animal users look delicious, are they okay to eat?
Yes, provided they don't scream.
    Who is your favorite animal (or plant) NPC? RIG NPCs are also okay to name!
Hold up there are plant NPCs?
    How many kids do you think Carl has?
BUT WHO IS THE MOTHER?
    Does Rufus have unclaimed litters of kittens hiding about in the alley? Are Paw cats descended from him?
If so, I certainly hope he's making enough to pay that inflated child support for them.

Bonus Question!

suggested by Tinidril
    Another thing, where does Rina get her 'edible' foods? Was that free range num nums? Does she go on terrifying hunts?
I personally insist they're not edible.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

allegoriest
Hold up there are plant NPCs?

yeah, in the Emerald Seed RIG from ages ago

they were flower imp things

macduff and such

there's some art here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/emerald-seed-quest-will-art-for-items/t.48371971/

Stubborn Gifter

Lemme just answer your questions in one sentence, Slick.

Just think Gaia as the same as Pokemon when it comes to where they get their food from. ninja

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
It's clearly about the level of sentience. Humans, mermen, Rufus, animal-people in general, so to call them - they all have human sentience. Where the fish we get in the Fishing do not,for example. I'm guessing making the difference between the two isn't two hard, primarily because anything with human sentience likes to wear clothes in the world of Gaia. xD

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Jisen Meizuki

Just think Gaia as the same as Pokemon when it comes to where they get their food from. ninja

But... people eat some Pokemon. o.o

Stubborn Gifter

Klabautermann
Jisen Meizuki

But... people eat some Pokemon. o.o

Which is why I said think Gaia the same as Pokemon. >.>;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas