Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

So for those of you who aren't into hunting or keep track of the statistics, for several states here in the US, it's elk [and deer, though it already started] hunting season depending on what you're licensed to hunt. emotion_drool

Before there's wibbly lips n' eyes about shooting the creatures, let's talk about targets in the real world for a second.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
In all honesty, Bobby says it beautifully, though Bambi's dad is also acceptable

There are many sentient animals on Gaia, from Rufus to Carl, to Momo and questionably Piyo.

Of course, we can't forget specials like Diedrich & Radio Jack, who are quite the conversationalists.

With the rise of the Paws and more sentient creatures than ever before, what can a Gaian eat or hunt? Some are deer, after all, and rabbits are edible. Don't forget lambchops! Or weird fishy mutants!

Obviously meat is tolerated, as evidenced by the Gaian Beef Council and Rancher Bill. Then there's the Animated, like those Garlics that just run amok. Fast food anyone? emotion_awesome

And some of them have families. Or children. Like what we discovered with Carl during that one mini-event.

User Image
He has a harem. There's probably more where that came from D:

Not to mention even fish could easily become a hot topic. I mean, we have mermaids and mermen, would fishing be considered eating their extended family? Is Rufus a merciless monstrosity for his fish consumption?
User Image

er maybe if we ate the inbred merpeople or used their stuff for alchemy it wouldn't be quite so bad?

Food for thought:

What do you think Gaians eat?

What is an acceptable standard for eating a living thing in Gaia? Examples: plants that attack are okay to eat, defective fish, cows, non aggressive plants, annoying cats or rabbits, ect

If Paws/Animal users look delicious, are they okay to eat?

Who is your favorite animal (or plant) NPC? RIG NPCs are also okay to name!

How many kids do you think Carl has?

Does Rufus have unclaimed litters of kittens hiding about in the alley? Are Paw cats descended from him?

Bonus Question!

suggested by Tinidril
    Another thing, where does Rina get her 'edible' foods? Was that free range num nums? Does she go on terrifying hunts?

Hotel Detective

22,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Occupational Hazard 500
I'm sure there are some high society Gaians that hoard the finest RIG pets for swanky dinner parties.

The more rare and expensive, the tastier, yes?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Briethell
I'm sure there are some high society Gaians that hoard the finest RIG pets for swanky dinner parties.

The more rare and expensive, the tastier, yes?

xd I'm not sure about taste, but exclusivity is its own reward

wait

I bet those RIG pets are marinated in tears of poor Gaians who desperately wanted the RIG pets for companionship instead cool

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
gaians eat...... umm.... those fluff balls from Zomg... xd

Festive Singing

27,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
We all only eat Pie. That Rina makes. With some super special ingredients.

In all seriousness though, if we go by that frontier sky shooting game, we have flying tofu around the place, as well as turkeys we can eat. Perhaps they also hunt and eat the meat of creatures that are over populated. I know here in Australia, we have to cull some kangaroo groups down because otherwise they will starve. I guess There would be like farms in the country side that produce all the meat we need, and I'm assuming they're the non-sentient types of animals.

I wonder if that means that there is like a test all creatures of gaia has to go through to see whether they're sentient before they get killed and surveys hmm... I wonder what kind of questions would be on it? For some reason all I can think of is the Monty Python Bridge man questioning every animal.
"What... is your name?"
"Baaa"
"What...is your favourite colour?
"Baaa"
"What... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
"Baaa"
"You have failed!"
And then the creature is thrown into places yet unknown.

As for a favourite animal, does the Angel Imp and Devil Imps count? They were Imps before they went human. I always thought they were awesome razz

Hotel Detective

22,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Slick Southpaw

User Image
Imagine trying to cook this cute little sucker. gonk
I feel so dirty.

Angelic Gatekeeper

15,225 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
What do you think Gaians eat?
We do not eat frogs, that is what matters.

What is an acceptable standard for eating a living thing in Gaia? Examples: plants that attack are okay to eat, defective fish, cows, non aggressive plants, annoying cats or rabbits, ect
As long as it is not of amphibian nature it is safe to eat.

If Paws/Animal users look delicious, are they okay to eat?
As long as they do not resemble our slimy, bumpy friends.

Who is your favorite animal (or plant) NPC? RIG NPCs are also okay to name!
Sadly I have no NPC to praise because we lack a frog-themed NPC.

How many kids do you think Carl has?
He has no toad children so he has zero children of relevance.

Does Rufus have unclaimed litters of kittens hiding about in the alley? Are Paw cats descended from him?
Again he has no swamp-loving, adorable tadpole children so he has no relevant descendants.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Fiorii
Perhaps they also hunt and eat the meat of creatures that are over populated.
That's also a possibility, especially with bringing up Frontier Skies.

I mean, licensed hunting here in the states is done for those reasons; population control 3nodding

However, we really don't see much in variation of *mass quantities of animals* except when Logan's fishing or during the Zurg stuff when it becomes apparent that ranchers do exist and have herds of cows.

Fiorii
I wonder if that means that there is like a test all creatures of gaia has to go through to see whether they're sentient before they get killed and surveys hmm... I wonder what kind of questions would be on it? For some reason all I can think of is the Monty Python Bridge man questioning every animal.

fffffftttt Carl doesn't speak but he's considered sentient. xd but ahh kudos for monty python <3

Fiorii
As for a favourite animal, does the Angel Imp and Devil Imps count? They were Imps before they went human. I always thought they were awesome razz

Yes, I think so. Rufus thought they were definitely delicious to eat, before Rina saved naked angel imp dude. xd

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Briethell
Slick Southpaw

User Image
Imagine trying to cook this cute little sucker. gonk
I feel so dirty.
As my uncle taught me, the cuter they are, the more delicious they taste cool
I think we do a public service when we hunt ghosts.

Hotel Detective

22,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Slick Southpaw

Now we must combine the three cutest RIG pets to make the Gaia version of Turducken.

It'll be the party of the century.
The best Thanksgiving ever.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

koolknight

there's different kinds of Fluff

air fluff
carrion fluff

ect.

xd different flavors?

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Slick Southpaw
koolknight

there's different kinds of Fluff

air fluff
carrion fluff

ect.

xd different flavors?
ah yes. but dont eat the sand ones... those are nasty and grainy... you would think tropical flavors but it just taste like a salty rock....

now my favorite this time of year is the pumpkin ones! heart
#pumpkinspiceeverything

Undead Enchantress

Seeing how few people actually voluntarily allow me to sup on their brrraiiiinnnsss, I have to resort to hunting them. emo

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Given that rancher bill's cows aren't sapient, im gonna guess it's a Narnia type arrangement where you don't kill someone with sapience. which means most regular animals are fair game. I mean you wouldn't eat the plant of a dryad, right? Same principle.

Maybe that's why vamps used to have a nasty reputation, for eating within their own bracket? idk.

I do love speculating the question of like. The whole talking-prey-and-predator dealie. I usually assume that everyone involved takes a stoic, circle of life view, with it acknowledged as a fact of life. Unless it's like with humans and other apex predators and it's like. Stay out of each other's way, run where you can. I mean at the very least the death would be meaningful - helping another creature live.

...Wait wouldn't shooting bambi's mom mean bambi dies too? eek bc the fawn would become vulnerable. i don't hunt, nor does anyone i know, so im actually curious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff