Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Ignoring many of the rich users that hang out here in GCD (no offense xp ), I would say that if you can carry around 2-3mil in pure every now and then, you could be considered middle class. I say this because regardless of how easy it is to make gold now, most people outside GCD are pretty dirt poor.

If you can carry around over 8mil, you are rich. The most I have ever carried in pure was 17mil but I spent it all trying to hoard items for the future (about 10mil worth in hoarding now) and buying nice items for myself. I'm not much of a vendor. I prefer to play zomg and bootygrab for my gold.

I'm pretty happy and comfortable where I am and I usually earn about 3-4mil in wealth each month.^^ So yeah, I think of myself being middle class. heart

FXMLDR's Wife

Hopeless Sweetheart

it used to be a lot, but now it's a little

Stellar Succubus

Tama Rama Ding Dong
I would say 200k and up, and you're pretty rich,
you can get a lot of item from the market place and still have gold to spare.
It's also a good point to reach to start vending items about 20k-100k.

Wow. I feel poor under 10m.

And I've never had 10m.

I think my perspective has changed on that, though. I remember hitting my first mil and feeling like I was the god of everything. XD

I currently have under 10m. Well under.

But I sold off a lot of cheapy items from my invo. I do mean quite a lot. Those cheap 20-50k items do add up, if one can be patient to wait whilst they sell.

Big Member

VVhip
Tama Rama Ding Dong
I would say 200k and up, and you're pretty rich,
you can get a lot of item from the market place and still have gold to spare.
It's also a good point to reach to start vending items about 20k-100k.

Wow. I feel poor under 10m.

And I've never had 10m.

I think my perspective has changed on that, though. I remember hitting my first mil and feeling like I was the god of everything. XD

I currently have under 10m. Well under.

But I sold off a lot of cheapy items from my invo. I do mean quite a lot. Those cheap 20-50k items do add up, if one can be patient to wait whilst they sell.
After reading this thread, I realized I have some seriously low standards! xD
Maybe it's because I spend all my gold on cheapo items.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
I have like 730k.

I'll blow it all soon on donations and assorted items.

/plays self a sad violin tune

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
My inventory used to be worth about 300mil and then I sold some stuff and bought like 100mil worth of art. sweatdrop Right now it's probably worth like half that maybe. And I have about 47k pure. That is a lot to me.
I know people who are worth tons and tons though.

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

How much money do you have?

None of your damn business
About 1500G. Yup, G, not K.

Happily though, I honestly think that with today's selection of items, you don't really need to be 'rich' to fully enjoy yourself. To be honest absurd amounts of gold (I'm not going to talk about what's rich or not rich because it depends on a lot of factors like account worth, etc) are only really necessary if you like to buy art or if you exchange a lot, and even then you can build up to it.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
I have 1m on me, and about 12m in items. Mostly cheap ones though.

I'd say I'm middle class. emotion_yatta

Intergalactic Recruit

Well, most people are talking about a User's worth but not actually answering your question, which was "How much is money worth."

Telling a user that being rich is when you have 400 million in items/gold, isn't exactly telling someone how long it took to get to that point or what they had to do to get that much gold to be considered rich.

If you just played Bootygrab all day, your brain would melt before you reached even a quarter of that amount, and to a new user, seeing your gold count go up so slowly from just posting or playing Booty Grab, is really discouraging when rich is considered in the multi millions.

For me, I value $10 USD at 1 million gold. You can get around that price if you buy Gaia Cash and buy a 1000 GS item from the Cash Shop and sell it for around 1 million, you've done pretty well for yourself in my opinion. Of course you need to vend/play the market and get a popular item that is actually selling for that amount so it takes some patience and attention to current trends.

If you're smart and take advantage of what is popular and with a bit of luck, you can make way more than the 10$ to 1mil ratio. It works best if you're on a budget and trying to save money. For example, I was able to buy a $2.50 Monthly Collectible and a $7.00 Evolving Item, for less than $5.00 because I used Gaia Cash to vend Cash Shop items in the Market Place.

And of course, a very skilled vendor can make millions without ever spending a real cent on Gaia, however not all of us have the time or patience to play the markets AND get good at understanding how they work to make that much. So everyone's way of making a lot of gold is different.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Lol. Beats me. o3o I don't really think of myself as rich.

As to how long it takes to get rich, that greatly depends on how resourceful you are.

I know some people where it takes them a year to earn anywhere in the 400k range. If I put effort towards it, I can earn way more than that in one day. o3o (But I'm lazy)

Enduring Seeker

13,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
Gold has a tendency to burn a hole in my pocket, and so its better for me to remain at low funds.
When I start to amass more than a few hundred thousand gold, greed begins to take hold of me, and I waste it all on something frivolous and overpriced.

TBH, making gold/cash doesn't motivate me, and I have most of the stuff I want already. (And most of it isn't what people would consider expensive.)
I guess that makes me something of an oddity on a site like this... Oh well! wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff