Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

5,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
Wow, there are lots of different opinions on this, huh? I think I'll take the advice to not worry about it and consider having enough to buy what I want "rich."

Thank you all for answering my question! I'm definitely going to use that Tektek place you all talked about!
I have 71k but the aquarium booty grab game is good to get money off of. The best way right now to make money I bet is that new game Heralds of Chaos. You can change to money in it to Gaia coins.

Wealthy Hoarder

Right now forget about the gold and focus on building your invo. Go fish, go into old towns, play the market, and other games on the site and you will get gold.

The first thing I did to build my wealth was to build my invo. I can now, change my avi as many times as I want without buying items.

That being said, I can save the gold I have.

Right now I am hovering over 30 billion.

However, that's an insain amount of gold for any user to have..

GC cards help too but I have to limit those.

Popular Worshipper

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Making money is really easy right now.
You can make 50k daily from HoC, 150k from booty grab, 50k from zomg, or 150k if u have donator status. I dont know if theres any other way but these r easy and kinda fast/fun.

Naughty Pants

I currently have 3,329 gold. Just enough to buy me some nice white socks from a gold shop in case I need them.

The amount of gold you carry means very little on Gaia, however. Many users put gold on mules for a variety of reasons: savings, to safeguard against hacking, investments, ect. Most users feel comfortable carrying around 100k-1mil gold. Me? If I have gold, I'll spend it all in a heartbeat. between ink farming, alchemy and hoarding like a mad fool, there is ~always~ something for me to spend my gold on.

However account worth is a whole different story. I have no clue what the average account worth is any more. There are a lot of great cheaper items. Many of them are replicas of far more expensive items. Examples: Heavenly drapes (20k) vs. Angelic sash (28mil) or Masterpieces (60k) vs. White Body Dye (4+mil)

It all depends on how much you get into working with your avatar. If you have a style and look you really like, you could spend gold on a few expensive things and a lot of less expensive accessories and be set for a long time. If you like to change frequently, I'd suggest starting with some of the good cheaper items (there is a thread in this forum called something like "How Can That Item be That Inexpensive" which has over 400 pages of affordable, attractive, useable items) and some of the solid goldshop basics (leggings, wool tops, basic socks and shoes) and building from there.

Naughty Pants

Srintella Tiagara

However, that's an insane amount of gold for any user to have...

*points* That is a pretty good definition of really rich.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Rich to me is people that have 10mill+ laying around.
But i guess my vision of wealth is distorted.
Cause i get given so much by people who care for me.

Big Member

I'm generally pretty poor, as in I have less than 20k on me at most times, but that's ok. It's fun to work with items I already have instead of coveting and buying stuff all the time.

Big Member

YourAzureGoddess
Srintella Tiagara

I'll say. gonk

Wealthy Hoarder

YourAzureGoddess
Srintella Tiagara

Would you feel better if I told you I lost a billion four times before i got to that amount?

Cluttered Shopper

14,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
The definition of rich/poor is subjective as you can already tell by all the previous posts.
Also kind of depends if you're calculating just gold, just items, or both items and gold.

For me, being rich is being able to buy whatever you want without hesitation.
But so long as you've got over 5k, you're not poor because you can buy plenty of cheap commons.

Booty grab and zOMG are probably the easiest ways to get gold. And again, like some users have mentioned, making a dream avatar is a good target to reach. Keeps you on a goal. :]

You can be poor or you can be rich, just don't act like a jerk and try to bring others down for the sake of inflating your ego... ><

Big Member

Srintella Tiagara
YourAzureGoddess
Srintella Tiagara

Would you feel better if I told you I lost a billion four times before i got to that amount?

Not really, to be perfectly honest. sweatdrop

Wealthy Hoarder

Nyem-Nyam
Srintella Tiagara
YourAzureGoddess
Srintella Tiagara

My problem is that I hoard items and gold. No joke there.

However you can get to this amount of gold. You just need time.

Big Member

Srintella Tiagara
Nyem-Nyam
Srintella Tiagara
YourAzureGoddess
Srintella Tiagara

I just don't have the energy to dedicate to gaia. Casual users like me just don't have the means to make all that gold. The most I've ever had at one time was 2.5mill and that was cause I drew art.

Wealthy Hoarder

Nyem-Nyam
Srintella Tiagara
Nyem-Nyam
Srintella Tiagara
YourAzureGoddess
Srintella Tiagara

I just don't have the energy to dedicate to gaia. Casual users like me just don't have the means to make all that gold. The most I've ever had at one time was 2.5mill and that was cause I drew art.

Trust me when I joined gaia having the amount of gold I have now wasn't really in the plan.

More often than I want I find spending gold on other people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff