Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inflation.

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 28, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Thanks to inflation i am very big xd
well i used to crave for bani clips. i came to my senses, it's WAY too much gold. i don't notive many changes because i've only been here for 2 months but i've heard stories about the old days with decent prices. now everybody's gone mad. i think it was caused by all the donations to Gambino's cause...people got broke.
I was so close to getting my DT that I could taste it... then BOOM EXPOSION! ;o; went up 2 mil and I was like "******** that -sells angelic minis-" So it both helped me and hurt me XD
I think the prices of many items in Gaia are over priced I do not think the calculations are correct unless the goal is for people to be here for many years to recieve some of the rarest items. I can not blame Gaia Group for the prices because users set the economy it is a shame Gaia does not step in I am glad for one thing that they shut down the Personals section that was a disaster or lawsuit waiting to happen
It doesn't really affect me, since I don't really like the non-store items. sweatdrop
My quest for the Zony MP3 Player has been killed by inflation.
I was questing for the Angelic Pendant but then it went up like 10,000 gold in a week... I dropped it after that. Fortunately, the Demonic Pendant came out a short while later, so I bought that instead. Looks a lot nicer with my outfits, too, although I still wish I had an angelic pendant... My interest in the ninja headband was also killed by inflation.

Many of the items I bought last fall have exploded in price. However, this hasn't helped me much since I'd never sell them now so their value is meaningless to me. sweatdrop Kinda makes me wish I'd bought more than one... but I didn't have the gold. My strategy now is to buy whatever donation items I like when they come out, save for store items in the meantime, and don't stress over the overpriced past items I don't have. 3nodding
It hasn't effected me really. But my brothers friend just started questing for a labcoat when the prices shot up from 60-80 to 100-150 xp .
<center>The thing it affect for me is getting my D-T just a bit ago it was 500K-700K I was SO close to getting it then everything went up in gold.

I shouldnt conplain really, now most of my items that are not store ones in my inventory are worth way more.

Still, my dreams are crushed.
</center>
I think it would be cool if they re-released some of the older items, that cost so effing much @_@;; Like, for the next month, the donation letters could contain random rare items that people are questing for. That might help bring the prices down a little bit without causing the item to lose it's rarity.
LokiPineapple
_ArseniK_202_
Butterfly Prisms and pitchforks went down.
Weee.

Really? I might buy a pitchfork, then...
Lovely name, by the way.

Thanks!^^

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Inflation is good and bad to me. Bad because it happens in the middle of my Scarf quest; by the time I got 300k I got slapped with a 400k price tag which means that I need to bust my a** for at least another week. Good because the price of Horns and Slippers also rise soon after so that I essentially paid less than 400k when I bought the Scarf with an offer including them.

However, I stand by my belief that unnatural price hikes (as opposed to inflation) is something that is detrimental to Gaia as a whole.
My boyfriend and I are questing for most everything, and we managed to buy 2 pairs of penguin slippers and 2 pairs of seal slippers in 2 weeks. However, the first three pairs were 35k and the last pair 49k. Because of inflation we end up spending an extra 10k on most items we quest, and if things hadn't inflated so much we would be much closer to finishing our quest.

Ice Heart's Queen

I often hate wearing my "expensive" items because of people's reactions and such. Its kinda sad because items were meant to be worn and enjoyed but I don't want to be labeled a rich b*****d or anything when I'm really not.... sweatdrop
i first noticed with my headband i gave up my quest erm.... was it 3 times, because of inflation. it sucks really but there's nothing you can do about it....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff