Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Prophet

Getting started is easy. Newbies today have a lot more options then they did back in ye olden times. Gold shop items are easy money nowadays.

I think the big problem is the there's no gradual curve. You get items and gold practically handed to you, then you hit a cash wall. Outside of exchange items, there's nothing to work for. Without user investment, there's no incentive to stay.
I think there's always a steep learning curve to a lot of newbies but I do feel like there's a lot more opportunities these days. When I first started it would take weeks just to get a decent gold shop outfit. It took me over a year to obtain some '04 collectibles with constant questing.

Alchemy has made going into towns very profitable and it doesn't take any skill. The only thing that's required is knowing that it exists which I'll admit isn't fully out in the open. But once discovered an hour or so a day will give you at least a billion a week which is pretty decent.

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Unless you're willing to spend money I doubt it will be easy to obtain desired items

Knight

i just tried

It's not hard

one art and your an insta-billionaire

Ppl are offering 3 to 10b for a bust in my topic no kidding surprised
SamPersonOne
i just tried

It's not hard

You're very lucky then. Some people don't have the skills to do art.

Demonic Associate

8,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Hygienic 200
JulieKablooie
most of the newbies I see in the CB are actually pretty well off. I remember a thread last night where they had just hit one month and already had 4 sketchbooks and counterfeit or two and some other LQIs. Hadn't spent more than $5.

Good lord! O_O The items I'm wearing that aren't goldshop items were either from grants or given to me by the friend who invited me here and has been on since '06. And I just don't have the extra money to spend sweatdrop Oh well!

Demonic Associate

8,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Hygienic 200
may oak
Unless you're willing to spend money I doubt it will be easy to obtain desired items

This.

Absolutely amazing avi, btw! 3nodding

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Demisral Nightcinder
may oak

This.

Absolutely amazing avi, btw! 3nodding

thank you c:

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I've gotten some newbies to play zOMG!, so that makes me happy. I just try my best to welcome them and give them daily chance and event items when I can. I think it's never easy to be a newbie, but making friends along the way matters the more than gold or items. I was just happy questing gold shop items, but the friends I've had over the 4 year time period I've been here have been priceless. If I can make any new Gaian happy and find a feature they will enjoy, I more than happy to do that.

Humorist

i already knew this ever since they did the massive gamble money crab.

it also sucks to have male avatar.
new RIG STILL dont have s**t for male avatars.

Mega Player

8,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I personally have no desire to create a new account for this exact reason. I mean, even gaia has not adjusted to this new economy.

EX. Posts still net you s**t-amounts of gold, as well as every site activity that rewards you. Considering items are now in the BILLIONS. Something needs to be done, or worse, start over with all new items and ditch all the old ones.

Dangerous Hunter

14,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hive Mind 200
dofuhua
SamPersonOne
i just tried

It's not hard

He's got the skills to pay the bills. cool

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

dofuhua
SamPersonOne
i just tried

It's not hard

You'd be surprised. You don't really need that much skill to earn a bit - thanks to inflation and bribe shops getting popular, even a beginner's sketch can earn you 100M a pop. It takes guts and a bit of effort - and yes, you will be rude to by certain customers, but you can earn it over a shorter period of time than say, playing the nerfed zOMG or aquariums. Services pay really well if you're polite about it; a lot of people are generous enough to tip nowadays.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
If I hadn't discovered Gaia until now, I probably wouldn't join due to being intimidated by the high prices.
Also, I put money into my avi very, very gradually (a point already mentioned above).
I wouldn't be able to put a huge chunk of money to obtain items nowadays. The once existent gradual slope used to help me.

It does make me sad to think that people might turn away from joining because of high prices for pixels.

OG Member

TofuBaconPizza
Laphanta

Clearly, collecting trash and selling it was the way to go. In a week, I can and did earn up to 250M just by collecting for two days.
I have a 1B right now, so I'm pretty stable.

I have heard this advice few times,, but haven't tried it myself. Is it a lot of hardwork to do this? since even I'm not newbie myself, I will still happily accept 1bil/week biggrin

Sorry my response is so late!

But uh, it's not all that hard. You just sit there and click on the trash.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff