Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'da put this in on the question board, but it seems more appropriate for here...

At what rate is the Gaia community growing? This originally came to mind when I realized just how little time any threads stay on the front page for any given length of time on the GD board. I'm sure the mods or admins are the only ones who probably notice most of this stuff, but...

How many new users register each day? Each month?

And how many new threads are created each day? Each month?

What's the average turnover rate for newbies?

What's the average ban rate in general?

What percentage of the community donates?

It's obviously a much larger community than it was before my year long hiatus...I'm just curious on how rapidly it's growing now.
2 fast and 2 furious xd
Not too sure about the specifics of those questions, but Lanzer mentioned at the anniversary ball that In a year we grew from 310,000 members to 1.5 million members. So yeah, it's growing quite a bit.

bihaenggis's Waifu

Star-Crossed Romantic

12,300 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Timid 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Well, because I am part of a recent influx of people flocking to Gaia, it may seem that my opinion on this is not valid; so, I'll back it up by saying I've been friends with people who have been on Gaia since late 2003. When they started, they still mentioned there were a lot of people willing to converse on the boards, but according to the information I had gathered from them at the time, it seemed that Gaia was a more tightly knit community. At the very least, from those that participated. It would seem that Gaia seems to grom exponentially, but one must keep in mind that there are several hundreds of accounts that are not used; they have no posts, no clothes, and the profile appears empty in most cases. Either way, Gaia's growth of actual members will taper, I'm sure.
In light of the fact that there ARE a lot of non active users, I did a little research on the memberlist page just now. It looks like approximately 15% of the community has over 100 posts invested so far (which I know doesn't say much for turnover since there *are* newbies joining who become regulars everyday, but that's why it's an approximation). Also, about 23% of the community doesn't have any posts at all....wow.
Come now people, questions still need answers (or at least speculation based on personal experience). Not that any of you will probably know...but maybe a mod will float in at some point...

That one year increase of over 400% was a pretty impressive statistic though...I'm shocked and not at all surprised at the same time. And I would agree, even though I wasn't a huge member of the community, the feeling of the boards is different than it was back then...things move so damn fast now
>.<;;
And still, nothing! It puts academia to tears...
I just got back from almost a year of not being on gaia. I have to say, many things have changed since then, both gaia and the people. Unfortunately, from what I have witnessed, the general attitude of the masses is alot meaner than before, especially to newbies. I've been also getting alot of beggar mail everytime I allow PMs... But yea, gaia has grown way too fast, but that's just my opinion. sweatdrop
Sinn
I'da put this in on the question board, but it seems more appropriate for here...

At what rate is the Gaia community growing? This originally came to mind when I realized just how little time any threads stay on the front page for any given length of time on the GD board. I'm sure the mods or admins are the only ones who probably notice most of this stuff, but...

How many new users register each day? Each month?

And how many new threads are created each day? Each month?

What's the average turnover rate for newbies?

What's the average ban rate in general?

What percentage of the community donates?

It's obviously a much larger community than it was before my year long hiatus...I'm just curious on how rapidly it's growing now.

Tempus fugit...

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Well there is quite a bit that you can monitor yourself... on the main forum page