Welcome to Gaia! ::

BA-Bubs's Princess

Naughty Wife

Paikeia
While the 133 tril transaction was a cause for concern, the whole way the users in question went about digging up information and making it public was rather childish, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand being concerned about such a huge amount of gold coming from one user and -briefly- messing up the MP prices. But that's where it should have ended.

Now the users are trying to dig up more "dirt" where there is no need for it, all in the name of "justice and fairness for Gaia users!" It's completely out of control, and at this point, they just look like whiny brats trying to get attention for being Heroes of the People of Gaia. What they're actually doing is blatant harassment, and that's not okay. Not from anyone. I got so sick of seeing the damn threads that I put the users on ignore. The GCD is now blissfully quiet and full of the usual types of threads, no mudslinging mob-mentality idiocy to be found.

Pardon me if I sound snappish. It's just plain stupid now, and the whole thing needs to be dropped. As I've said before in topics like this, there are more important things in the world to get upset about (if you must be upset about something), and taking something as trivial as this as far as they have taken it gives me a very, very low opinion of them.

I think it was the right thing to do, when the initial thread was posted and things were brought to light, but it should have stopped there. I understand the need for justification, but not at the expense of deliberately accusing and mobbing on differential views and such. They demanded an answer, Zero, apologized and it should have just stopped there. If anything, no staff in their right mind would step foot into a thread just to get mobbed on by angry users who refuse to reason in a civilized manner. So many things could have been done better to make the thread informative and actually 'open' for discussion on both sides. Views of sorts are inevitable, but there is always a way to preserve values to keep the community a close knit one without being all hissy. That is what I don't get.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

At this point I'm pretty well convinced that the staff purchases and the 133T/300T was entirely intentional for reasons such as driving up GC sales and making certain items appear rarer. Sympathetic inflation since GGs were brought back after their brief hiatus has already taken a deep hold in the MP.

While some users have questionable self control, I feel like if staff had attempted to address this problem at the outset by treating those of us that are upset with more than half-truths, the situation could have been severely abated. AtA got out of hand because staff refused to answer serious questions about the direction of this site. 133tgate is out of hand because staff members were caught deliberately manipulating the site and Zero was thrown under the bus. Staff behavior in regards to the site continues to be as a whole unprofessional and some users feel pushed to act out as a response.

I do not condone abuse, but I understand its origin. Gaia staff has a long history of hiding behind scapegoats and letting issues go unaddressed until they fade from public discourse only to be reignited when a new issue pops up, no matter how tangential.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I wonder if it's because there's finally a person(s) people can target where as the management don't have any connection with Gaia at all there isn't many places people can unload their anger on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff