Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Vote your answer for the blank. When judging a Gaian, I judge them based on their ____ first.

Username 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 20 ]
Avatar 0.31884057971014 31.9% [ 44 ]
Posting Activity 0.34782608695652 34.8% [ 48 ]
Achievements 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Profile 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Other (feel free to tell us about your own answer in the topic) 0.18840579710145 18.8% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 138 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Invisible Player

Lets save the judging for the AT or Word games. xp

But really it is human nature to make some sort of judgement based on appearance. The appearance being made of up pixels just makes the judgement absurd.

Tricky Saint

Online/On Gaia;

Posts/behavior/thoughts >>>>>> Profile/Journal/Blogs > Everything else > Avatar/Pics etc.

Noticing someone's avatar is about the same to me as noticing someone's looks IRL, it just remains that, on a superficial level.
The difference here is that the avatar is often attached to a post/text, so naturally, for me at least, the importance of someone's words and thoughts precedes all other criteria, and then the rest weigh in.

Tenacious Prophet

Couldn't care what the avatar looks like. In most cases, it's what they have to say and how they have to say it that's most important. It's not like there is anything unique about the pixels that most people have access to.

Lunatic

If you have a stupid name like LOLOMGWAFFLESOFDOOM or s**t with a bunch of underscores, periods, and crosses or if you dress like a Rally-Rat-- Chances are that I'll ignore you. Or, if you're one of those LOL OMG SO RANDUM LAWLS types.

It'll sound stuck up to read, but those kinds of people are the type that I can't stand. I meet them in Towns the most and I ******** hate them. Especially since every conversation starts off with them following your avatar and standing on top of or behind you and going..

"poke"
"o3o"
"hai"

And, then they just ******** spam "o3o" until you answer them. Dude, no. That s**t is annoying and you're not some ******** desu, amg so kawaii ******** anime character. I've never been wrong when it comes to choosing who I should keep my distance from, because within the first ten minutes of being in Towns, they prove that they're obnoxious or one of those "oh so edgy" people who goes LOL 030 OMG SO SOSHULLY AWKWAARDDDD SRRY LOLS KAWAII.
Deliacroix
If you have a stupid name like LOLOMGWAFFLESOFDOOM or s**t with a bunch of underscores, periods, and crosses or if you dress like a Rally-Rat-- Chances are that I'll ignore you. Or, if you're one of those LOL OMG SO RANDUM LAWLS types.

It'll sound stuck up to read, but those kinds of people are the type that I can't stand. I meet them in Towns the most and I ******** hate them. Especially since every conversation starts off with them following your avatar and standing on top of or behind you and going..

"poke"
"o3o"
"hai"

And, then they just ******** spam "o3o" until you answer them. Dude, no. That s**t is annoying and you're not some ******** desu, amg so kawaii ******** anime character. I've never been wrong when it comes to choosing who I should keep my distance from, because within the first ten minutes of being in Towns, they prove that they're obnoxious or one of those "oh so edgy" people who goes LOL 030 OMG SO SOSHULLY AWKWAARDDDD SRRY LOLS KAWAII.

I can feel your rage burning through my screen (though it probably has something to do with my Tomb Raider desktop background too). xd

Really? They consider 133t/KAWAIISP3@K edgy? Ha!

Yeah, the poke thing can be a cute conversation starter, but overdo anything (e.g. spam) and it's...ANNOY-O-DESU! LOL!

Lunatic

Enigmatic Conspiracy
Deliacroix

"poke"
"o3o"
"hai"

I can feel your rage burning through my screen (though it probably has something to do with my Tomb Raider desktop background too). xd

Really? They consider 133t/KAWAIISP3@K edgy? Ha!

Yeah, the poke thing can be a cute conversation starter, but overdo anything (e.g. spam) and it's...ANNOY-O-DESU! LOL!

It's mainly because A) I'm sick right now, so I'm grumpy and B) I just had to deal with this exact thing in Towns earlier and it pissed me off. I'm not one for the LOLRANDUM crowd.

Loyal Trainer

17,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Certain avatars give insight into the kind of person someone is, but that depends on the forum they're posting in too. Avis with expensive 03 items who post in the Exchange are obviously venders, and I wouldn't want to do business with them because I can tell they are likely to lowball me. Avis with popular items who post in CB are likely to be an average CBer, and possibly easier to talk to. Avis with newbie items who post with grammar mistakes and emoticon spam are well... not the kind of person anyone wants to talk to sweatdrop Except other newbies, of course. It seems like they all flock to the low content threads. xp

Usernames also clue you in to personalities. xXSasuke-love-kawaiiXx is very likely to be a different kind of person from say, MysticalDragon (examples).

Those are only snap judgements, of course. If I have to converse with someone, I would always give them a chance and judge them by their continuous posts, not what they look like.

Demonic Associate

I mainly judge gaians based on, how they behave and write. How they formulate themselves and treat others. I don't care for their avis. I don't tie anyone to an avatar really.
I'm hardly on anymore and it's really quite sad. I used to judge on the whole txt tlk kind of stuff. And if your avatar looked thrown together with 50 gold kind of items. Honestly I don't really judge anything anymore...

Star Explorer

I try not to judge.

I do usually see people who throw on several very expensive items to be show offish; I know I'd feel like a show off if I was wearing more than one very hard to get expensive item.

All Cash Shop items don't bother me though because there are many in all price ranges and types.

What you wear or how you wear your items can be a reflection of your personality, but unless I see you actually acting like an elitist, or purposely ignoring certain people, than I have no real reason to think badly of someone.

IRL Gawker

6,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
I really don't care enough to judge people on their avatars.

I guess I decide if someone is worth talking to by the content of what they are saying. I'm not too finicky about how it is written either. I will stay away from people who talk a lot in slang/txt talk just because I automatically assume they are 10 years younger than me or so.

Feral Elder

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Bluecandescent

Usernames also clue you in to personalities. xXSasuke-love-kawaiiXx is very likely to be a different kind of person from say, MysticalDragon (examples).

As someone who's heavily playing MMORPG's I just can't help but shake my head on this post cause it's horribly true there as well.

It's those L33T chat spammers that are 9/10 ruining my squad runs. I just cannot understand directions who talk like Tl-li5 in a bat of an eye and most squad runs are fast paced there and have little margin of error. Maybe I'm in an age bracket older than them but that does not excuse you from posting properly

Big Bookworm

14,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I always read a post before I look at an avatar or username (username is usually the last thing I see.) So I would bet that post content is where most of my judginess comes out. I mainly use avatars to recognize a user (or post styles if they have one), not to gage their personality. The only times I really have negative views on someone based on what they say, however, is if they write the same thing in every thread (to the point of spamming) or are generally trollish. That aside, most of my judgement on Gaia is in the form of 'judging' a tone of 'voice' or stance in a debate.

Demonic Abomination

28,100 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

you reading this post right now. yeah I'm judging you. ಠ_ಠ

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers