no 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5

Space Witch

37,750 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
I would prefer Facebook to be an optional feature. I don't mine that it is being added but being able to opt out would be nice for people who don't like to mix Facebook with their internet fun. Granted Facebook is also the internet but most people seem to keep their irl ties there and might not be comfortable having their Gaia life leave Gaia.

Shadowy Loiterer

I don't even have a fb. Honestly it doesn't really bother me; the buttons are tiny (and blockable w/ adblock), I've seen sites where fb presence is even more obnoxious, from the sound of things you need to confirm before sharing so no accidental sharing, and even if someone shares my posts or avis(I don't see why they would) so what? It's a public site, anyone can waltz in and see my avis and posts.

That said I think it's bad business to not have an opt out for those who don't want things shared or don't want to use the buttons at all. It's just one more insult to add to the list. Not a good idea if you want users to give you money.

Unholy Prophet

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

To me it's just another sell out, and a pyramid scheme rolled into one.
Gaia is hoping that you'll share posts on FB and draw more users in, they've also made no attempt to hide the fact that they just want more people to spend money by offering you 50mil if they do.

The simple fact is though, pyramid schemes like this are rarely that successful. Chances are if you're friends with someone on facebook and you're a member of gaia, you've probably mentioned it to them at least once. If they were interested they already would have joined, thus making the need for you to post about gaia not there, not only that, but filling your feed up with useless spam, isn't going to convince them they should join either.

It would be like if you and your friend had been to Mcdonald's before and then they ran a promotional for first time customers, you wouldn't tell your friend because they already knew about it.

So as far as the questions go, I don't like the feature, it's a useless one to add. If they actually cared about the community they could do other things for us instead of integrating in another money grab. I don't plan to use it other than to maybe spam my feed once a day and then delete the posts for 1.5mil, it's not a useful feature, because it doesn't do anything but flood the economy with more gold, and spam up peoples feeds. I don't even feel like the feature should exist at all really, but if you've read my post to this point you could have probably guessed that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
as long as there is no way to connect my gaia account to my facebook account, it doesn't bother me too much. like if someone shares my avatar or my post, as long as other people can't see my real name in connection with that content, that's all i ask. i don't plan on sharing anything because that will obviously connect the two, but i don't see a difference between strangers on facebook being able to see my posts/avatar and strangers on gaia seeing it.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Do we have a "vomit" emote?

I want to keep Gaia 100% separated from Facebook. This personal policy isn't even limited to Gaia, I strive to ensure that Facebook does NOT link to ANYTHING else I do online. It doesn't see my Twitter, my blog, what I read on 3rd party websites, Pintrest, nothing. If I used Instagram, Facebook wouldn't get that either.

To pay people gold to share stuff, quite possibly against the will of the original poster, is just so crappy. They know people won't do it otherwise.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff