Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generally I only use tektek for two reasons. My dress up slot is already being used and I have an idea that I want to try or if there are a few items I'm considering buying and I want to see what they look like together. Other than that I usually start with an item I love or I've been dying to use and go from there. It's such a great feeling when you're trying this and that and then all or a sudden it all clicks together! I love that! It can also get a little overwhelming going through all the items you have. Great problems to have though! 4laugh
That being said, I do think tektek is a great resource!! Yay tektek!

Sexy Glitch

I usually like to start with one item and work around that pose. For this current avatar, it was the hair. I wanted an edgy, street-style look.

Edit: I do not use tektek at all.

Opinionated Trash

Well It depends on my muse. I mostly like to dress tomboyish, medieval, milliary uniforms from past times, animals, anything mythology, hybird monsters, or nightmare fuel. Dark colors are my liking also.

Omnipresent Rabbit

30,750 Points
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Married 100
  • Striking Knight 150
Hmm... Well I have the staples I tend to always a) be a dark elf and b) wear one of the hind tails (kinda wish they'd come out with more colors of it). Anyways I tend to find an item / pose I want to use from and then try to use other items to compliment it.

At times (like now) I'll make an avi that can loosely be interpreted as my OC.

I never use Tektek and given the fact that it isn't updated as much and a lot of my items don't show when my inventory is loaded I don't find it worth while to use as a resource anymore.

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

how do you create your avatars, do you use tektek in any way?
yes to look up items i might need

what do you like to start with; shoes, shirts, mods?
anything, i dress up as a theme

do you enjoy creating avatars on this site? or are you here for other reasons?
i love it, it is mostly why i stay

do you go for themes, matching colors, both?
yes and yes
"How" I create my avatars varies quite a bit. I have several different paths I might take...

Inspiration might be the intent to create a specific cosplay (my current avatar falls under this category), intent to create an avatar with a specific theme, or desire to create an avatar around a specific item pose that I want to use.

Process varies depending on intent (if I want to use a specific item pose, I start with that, obviously..) I'll generally try to block out the most defining shapes/colors of the avatar. In the case of my current avatar, that was the red skirt and off-black hair. I'm pretty familiar with most of the items in my inventory, and don't consult tektek for these items. I do use tektek later on if I'm unsatisfied with an item or find that my inventory is missing something I'd like to add.

Avatar creation (and subsequent representation of the design in Word Games) is the main reason I'm on Gaia.

Precious Cutie-Pie

19,325 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
i usually start off with an item a friend has given me. like for this current avi it was focused around the light blue bow head piece 3nodding

Adorable Nymph

15,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
for me it goes by color, then branches into designing a fantasy around that avatar

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
For me it starts with one item and I just add and subtract items to it all comes together.

When it comes to tektek I judy use it to see if there's a color that will match what I'm aiming for. To see if what I have in mind actually works I use the avatar dressing room here.

Demonic Punk

how do you create your avatars, do you use tektek in any way?

I only use my inventory and customize avatar, as i've never felt that Tektek can make avis representable enough, because of layering issues.

what do you like to start with; shoes, shirts, mods?

It's usually that one pose of a new item I get, then it's the hair and then it just flows on from there.

do you enjoy creating avatars on this site? or are you here for other reasons?

It's the reason I AM here, to create avatars.

do you go for themes, matching colors, both?

I always have a theme to my avis. Shoes and pants. All my avis have shoes and pants really.
- tektek would just confuse me more, I already get lost in my invo gonk

- I don't have a set starting point, sometimes it's because I just got an item and I want to use it, other times could be if I felt nostalgic about an item I haven't used in a while, so I'll choose a pose from it and build around that.

- Yeah, actually I spend way too much time lately just on my avi...though I enjoy talking to people too c:

- Both, or one or the other, haha. Sometimes I'll just throw some stuff together and see what sticks, even if it doesn't seem like it has a theme...I dunno, I just like to play around.

Shameless Shounen

20,975 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hero 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I use tektek to see what i have unless its new... then i tend to start with the head or chest area...

(For cosplays i look for what would be the hardest part)

Then i start seeing items together with strict layering off.

Try it in dress up and if it works coolio.

Then i add from there...

VSC_Heartz's Wife

Divine Defender

30,225 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
It really depends on what I want. It could be accidentally finding a great item combo I want to make use of, decision to use a pose I haven't used before/in a while, looking for a certain kind of theme, or deciding to use a color/ color combo I don't normally. Sometimes I do use tektek, I get lost in my inventory and I know what pose I'm looking for but for some reason can't find or remember the item's display image, or I'm using colors I'm not familiar with.

Like with this specific avi I started with the legs and moved from there.

Enduring Hoarder

13,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ive NO idea wat tektek is, but wen re-doing my avatar w/my inventory, i start w/hats &go from there, the ONLY thing i stick w/EVERY re-do, is the color PINK of skin, my PINK wings &tail &my pets, EVERYthing else gets switched round, sometimes i look for cute new CHEAP tops &bottoms or dresses, but if i find a set of clothes i LIKE, i stick w/ that &no more shopping! it depends on my mood on if i WANT to change the suit, &idc HOW cluttered my avi looks! i like it lol! im TRYing to find out HOW long outfits sell for wen a person sets up selling them on marketplace! haven't quiet figured that out yet!

User Image

User Image

User Image

i LOVE this guy! he IS my CRUSH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSVHoHyErBQ

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items