Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omg look a mod is here finally someone noticed this little thread...

I would not like to be a moderator because of the sheer size of Gaia and more and more people are joining everyday. Noobs will bound to get through and begin to ruin everything for everyone, simply by swearing and using Noob-speech.

I also have another question, which I will say with no hesitation at all:

WHY DOES GAIA NOT BAN VULGAR LANGUAGE?

One thing that I frown upon in Gaia is the fact that anything PG-13 and under is allowed, now normally I would accept that but by your allowance of swearing many children who will be joining this site will ultimately be learning language that will sooner or later get them into trouble in schools.

Yes, i know that a good majority is over 13 but that's still not why you should allow swearing.

Another thing, Noob-ish, this language simply makes my blood boil and I find it uncomfortable that foreigners who wish to learn the English language are bombarded with stuff like that (sometimes, but not all the time.)

(sorry for being off topic, i'll move it if you want me to.)
Requisite post to see page 4 because of a stupid error in the system.
Salarta

Error: Does not understand

Seriously.
I see what you're saying, but my answer to the question is "You can't"

The mods have been users for a hell of a long time, it was a first come, first serve job, they don't let newbies become mods, when they need another mod, they'll look for oldbies who follow the rules, and help out

Becoming a mod is impossible, literaly
Salarta

Wow. Sal, guess I'm not the only one changing his look now.

And vulgar language on Gaia seems okay with me, just as long as it isn't extremely offensive. Gaia allows people to speak their minds. If they wish to cuss, I don't see why not.
o.OCheckDO_o
I see what you're saying, but my answer to the question is "You can't"

The mods have been users for a hell of a long time, it was a first come, first serve job, they don't let newbies become mods, when they need another mod, they'll look for oldbies who follow the rules, and help out

Becoming a mod is impossible, literaly

Okay, I'm a Helper. But I certainly haven't been here a hell of a long time. I joined in July 04. And not all of the moderators are older users.

A lot of newbies don't have enough experience with Gaia. It takes quite a lot.

It's not impossible to become a moderator. While it's not very LIKELY, there still is a possibility whee

As for vulgar language, it's allowed because of free speech. Besides, it's PG-13. However, you can't use it in certain ways, like saying "******** you". That's not allowed ^^;
I would be shocked if I recieved a PM one day, inviting me to be a mod.

Of course, I would have to say no. I enjoy helping out Gaia, but I cannot deal with inbox-filling PMs daily, and I would probably retire as soon as possible.

I also would not be able to deal with the hatemail, and people putting me down without ever once having talked to me.

I'd constantly wonder if my actions were the right thing to do, and it would just be too stressful for me.
DecayingThorn
Salarta

Wow. Sal, guess I'm not the only one changing his look now.

My look's only changed because there's something called the "Mr. MPL Pageant" coming up in a guild I'm on, and the first round (out of 5) requires a swimsuit competition. I'll be back to my usual garb in no time wink .
Middie
I would be shocked if I recieved a PM one day, inviting me to be a mod.

Of course, I would have to say no. I enjoy helping out Gaia, but I cannot deal with inbox-filling PMs daily, and I would probably retire as soon as possible.

I also would not be able to deal with the hatemail, and people putting me down without ever once having talked to me.

I'd constantly wonder if my actions were the right thing to do, and it would just be too stressful for me.

Ah yes, the whole "did I do the right thing?" question. Sometimes, you just have to trust that you're taking the right path when it's not distinctly clear. Most of the time, rules are in place to help with that at least partially. And yes, the fame aspect would actually be far too much for some people. They want to be considered gods on Gaia, but they don't realize that power and responsibility must go hand in hand.

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
ruva_thakaru

WHY DOES GAIA NOT BAN VULGAR LANGUAGE?

Why? because Gaia was not created for younger users, but designed more for a teen/young adult crowd.

*pokes IHD* XD *nods* being a helper gives you a tiny taste of some responsibility and the nastiness that comes with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff