Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Regular

I've been reading a lot of posts from fellow Gaians in regards to the Gaia economy, outrage over the Flynn's booty/chest re-release, and the mass GC sales and whatnot from the staff. I'm just as mad as all of you, but I dont think posting about any of it is helping. Chances are they stopped reading our posts long ago, if they even read any of it at all. How about staging a formal protest outside their company building? I know its a bit of a long shot but hey maybe they'll finally pull their heads out of their asses when they see an angry mob outside their door.

Thoughts? Open for discussion.

Dapper Shopper

8,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
That would be interesting ... Gaian lynch mob eek

Enduring Shapeshifter

A lynch wouldn't work sadly, the only way we could make them listen is if we got a united strike against Gaia Cash, but that won't happen.. period.

Granted it'd be interesting, I'd be in. My Avatar's already got the pitchfork >_>;

Angelic Champion

The big problem with creating a protest outside their building is that this site has a global userbase. Not everyone is in that neighbourhood, state or even country. There's thousands and thousands of Gaians and I'm pretty sure a dozen people standing outside the building isn't going to do much and won't be representing the entire userbase as a whole. It's a great idea in theory, but in execution it most likely would fail because of the widespread userbase.

There's also the issue with people having different personalities online than in real life. Just because a person posts about their outrage on Gaia doesn't mean they are going to immediately grab a sign and camp outside Gaia's HQ.

Fashionable Regular

Hopefully it would get them to treat us a bit better instead of exploiting us in order to empty our wallets with all of these ridiculous flash sales and re-releases

Fashionable Regular

icyMOTHA: I understand, but at least its an interesting idea at least. Say it were possible though do you think Gaia would hear us out?

Loiterer

A protest... Over virtual currency?

User Image

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Yeah, as much as I like the idea of an angry mob forming outside of Gaia HQ, torches and pitchforks at the ready, it ain't gonna happen, and to be honest even if it did, it wouldn't do a lick of good so long as people keep buying what Gaia is pushing.

All the outrage in the world is going to be as effective as standing in the path of a tornado and hurling insults at it because people keep feeding the storm.

The only thing that would do any good would be a massive boycott of those elements which are fueling the fire...Flynn's Booty and the ubiquitous Sales, and as others have said, that's not going to happen either.
Any protest which requires people to act against their personal interests is doomed to failure because self-interest trumps all and people who have the resources and will to take advantage of them will inevitably do so.
It's the nature of the human animal and Gaia has become keenly aware of that.
Gaia has recognized that, as much as many people may deplore their current business model, enough people like it and are willing to buy (literally) into it to make it worth pushing ahead with, and any protestations to the contrary on their part are merely lip-service to the aggrieved.

Angelic Champion

Alexis Stowecroft
icyMOTHA: I understand, but at least its an interesting idea at least. Say it were possible though do you think Gaia would hear us out?

Oh, I agree it's an interesting idea, but there are better ways to go about things like this. What about arranging a meeting with them? I'm sure Gaia has a phone number somewhere that you could call and request a meeting or even a livestream that everyone could be a part of. The Ask the Admin is a good place to get the Admins' attention but perhaps a streamed meeting between some Gaians and the Admins might be a good thing to consider. The Gaians representing the userbase could enter the situation with a list of questions and concerns they gathered from Gaians via a thread in the GCD.

EDIT: Sorry pressed submit rather than preview.

The point of my idea is that it would reflect better on the userbase as a whole if we went in looking like mature people ready to discuss our problems rather than an unruly mob picketing at their front door.

Fashionable Regular

icyMOTHA
Alexis Stowecroft

Oh, I agree it's an interesting idea, but there are better ways to go about things like this. What about arranging a meeting with them? I'm sure Gaia has a phone number somewhere that you could call and request a meeting or even a livestream that everyone could be a part of. The Ask the Admin is a good place to get the Admins' attention but perhaps a streamed meeting between some Gaians and the Admins might be a good thing to consider. The Gaians representing the userbase could enter the situation with a list of questions and concerns they gathered from Gaians via a thread in the GCD.

EDIT: Sorry pressed submit rather than preview.

The point of my idea is that it would reflect better on the userbase as a whole if we went in looking like mature people ready to discuss our problems rather than an unruly mob picketing at their front door.
Thats a really good idea. I would definitely be up for a streamed meeting with other gaians to address the issues. Plus it would be a lot easier to arrange than a physical protest.

Angelic Champion

Alexis Stowecroft
Thats a really good idea. I would definitely be up for a streamed meeting with other gaians to address the issues. Plus it would be a lot easier to arrange than a physical protest.

And this way, more of the userbase could be involved as well so it would more accurately reflect the feelings of everyone rather than the few.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Only a boycott will work.
And with how many people happy to throw dollars at Gaia's face still
even with these ridiculous prices?

It's a very very difficult thing to do.

But money is the only thing Gaia will listen to.

Fashionable Regular

icyMOTHA
Alexis Stowecroft

And this way, more of the userbase could be involved as well so it would more accurately reflect the feelings of everyone rather than the few.
I sent you a PM

Hallowed Protector

GET THE FORKS

Tenacious Sage

As muhc as I would enjoy that idea, I highly doubt it's going to happen. I think the best shot is to boycott the outrageous GC prices and Flynn's Booty, but that will involve a overwhelming majority, and I don't think we are quite there with the numbers yet. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff