Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pyres
A lynch wouldn't work sadly, the only way we could make them listen is if we got a united strike against Gaia Cash, but that won't happen.. period.

Granted it'd be interesting, I'd be in. My Avatar's already got the pitchfork >_>;

We could get a United Strike against GC. The hardest part may be to spread the awareness. If people all had some kind of sig leading to one thread with an explanation. We could choose a week to totally block GC, not spending any of our money for GC. Set the week like 2 weeks-1 month from now, and in the meantime just try to spread the word.

Enduring Shapeshifter

x3rubiachica3x
Pyres
A lynch wouldn't work sadly, the only way we could make them listen is if we got a united strike against Gaia Cash, but that won't happen.. period.

Granted it'd be interesting, I'd be in. My Avatar's already got the pitchfork >_>;

We could get a United Strike against GC. The hardest part may be to spread the awareness. If people all had some kind of sig leading to one thread with an explanation. We could choose a week to totally block GC, not spending any of our money for GC. Set the week like 2 weeks-1 month from now, and in the meantime just try to spread the word.

Look, I want to say I believe we could but I've already talked and dealt with users(mostly young teens with no cares in the word and disposable incomes...) People would also naturally do the exact opposite just to 'troll' because they find our rage hilarious and applaud Gaia for actually ticking off the 'quote' "Poor Trash."

If we actually had a prayer of pulling this off, I'd totally join in.... I really want Gaia to stop doing this, because Gaia is right now shooting themselves in the foot and gradually getting to the heart.

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
icyMOTHA
Alexis Stowecroft
Thats a really good idea. I would definitely be up for a streamed meeting with other gaians to address the issues. Plus it would be a lot easier to arrange than a physical protest.

And this way, more of the userbase could be involved as well so it would more accurately reflect the feelings of everyone rather than the few.

Alexis Stowecroft

Not that I would ever want to throw a damp cloth on the fires of protest, but don't we essentially already have a "face to face" sit-down with the folks at Gaia every week?
Recent ATA's have been extremely "lively" affairs and many Gaians have quite eloquently expressed their concerns over the state of the nation, and despite the Admins appeasements and promises to cease and desist, the flood gates remain open and Gold continues to be poured into the economy at an ever increasing rate.

As it stands, the PTBs at Gaia are firm in their conviction that the path they are on at the moment is the right one for achieving the ambitions, whatever those ambitions might be, and nothing is going to change that regardless of what they say during any kind of discussion.

Actions speak louder than words, and Gaia's actions prove that people's complaints have fallen on deaf ears, and it would be naive to think otherwise.

Fashionable Regular

EDIT: I see your point Erogenous Jones, but surely there wouldnt be any harm in at least trying right?

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pyres
x3rubiachica3x
Pyres

Look, I want to say I believe we could but I've already talked and dealt with users(mostly young teens with no cares in the word and disposable incomes...) People would also naturally do the exact opposite just to 'troll' because they find our rage hilarious and applaud Gaia for actually ticking off the 'quote' "Poor Trash."

If we actually had a prayer of pulling this off, I'd totally join in.... I really want Gaia to stop doing this, because Gaia is right now shooting themselves in the foot and gradually getting to the heart.

Yes, there would always be those trolls. But I think it's worth a shot. If we could gather a good amount of users and make a dent in the profit they are making, that's better than nothing at the moment.

Angelic Champion

Erogenous Jones

I won't lie to you, I normally miss the AtA so by the time I reach the thread the discussion has been long over and I don't bother looking through to see the posts. The only reason I thought a livestreamed meeting might be a good way to go is because they could make an announcement about it, rather than just a notice and we can see in real time what they are really saying, not scripted and no editing. Sometimes the way that things are said can change the meaning of it, and emotions from the speaker can get lost through text.
If we sat down real person to real person it would hopefully encourage some honesty and empathy. Its sometimes hard to remember that behind each avatar here is a person.

Honestly, I'm of the opinion that this is a temporary measure and this will all blow over. The GCD sometimes makes a mountain out of a molehill and while I understand that this is a huge situation, the cries in the streets of "OMG Gaia is ending! Gaia is money hungry!" are starting to get old. The site needs to support itself somehow and if this is the way they are going to do it for now, then I say let them. If you don't like it, then ignore it. This website should be about the COMMUNITY not the items. I'm really sad that some people have forgotten this.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean to get up on a soapbox there.

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
Alexis Stowecroft
EDIT: I see your point Erogenous Jones, but surely there wouldnt be any harm in at least trying right?

Hey, as a long standing fan of Don Quixote, I'm all for tilting at the occasional windmill.
I love the Gaia I remember and am willing to do my bit to forestall the current version's headlong rush off the looming cliff ahead.

I just honestly believe that if the level of outage we see in the Forums was really as broad ranging as we believe it is, Gaia would have already seen that the current plan is a bad idea. The fact that they are not simply maintaining the influx of new Gold into the economy and the production of expensive Cash Items, but actually accelerating the pace of such offerings means that they are getting what they want from the model
Simply put, there's enough people spending money to make the concerns of the vocal detractors inconsequential to Gaia's movers and shakers.

That being said, sign me up for the rally.
I'll be sure to have my pitchfork sharpened and my torch ready to be sparked. smile

Fashionable Regular

Erogenous Jones
Alexis Stowecroft

Hey, as a long standing fan of Don Quixote, I'm all for tilting at the occasional windmill.
I love the Gaia I remember and am willing to do my bit to forestall the current version's headlong rush off the looming cliff ahead.

I just honestly believe that if the level of outage we see in the Forums was really as broad ranging as we believe it is, Gaia would have already seen that the current plan is a bad idea. The fact that they are not simply maintaining the influx of new Gold into the economy and the production of expensive Cash Items, but actually accelerating the pace of such offerings means that they are getting what they want from the model
Simply put, there's enough people spending money to make the concerns of the vocal detractors inconsequential to Gaia's movers and shakers.

That being said, sign me up for the rally.
I'll be sure to have my pitchfork sharpened and my torch ready to be sparked. smile

If you'd like to help me out, I'm working on getting a thread made to organize the streamed meeting and gather a list of questions and concerns from the community, so those who are for and against the recent changes can have a voice. We can address them in the meeting and maybe this will help or at least get the ball rolling on something bigger to help the community.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Yorugami
Only a boycott will work.
And with how many people happy to throw dollars at Gaia's face still
even with these ridiculous prices?

It's a very very difficult thing to do.

But money is the only thing Gaia will listen to.

As evidenced by the amount of super girly cutsy re-releases in cash shop stare

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
icyMOTHA
Erogenous Jones

I won't lie to you, I normally miss the AtA so by the time I reach the thread the discussion has been long over and I don't bother looking through to see the posts. The only reason I thought a livestreamed meeting might be a good way to go is because they could make an announcement about it, rather than just a notice and we can see in real time what they are really saying, not scripted and no editing. Sometimes the way that things are said can change the meaning of it, and emotions from the speaker can get lost through text.
If we sat down real person to real person it would hopefully encourage some honesty and empathy. Its sometimes hard to remember that behind each avatar here is a person.

Honestly, I'm of the opinion that this is a temporary measure and this will all blow over. The GCD sometimes makes a mountain out of a molehill and while I understand that this is a huge situation, the cries in the streets of "OMG Gaia is ending! Gaia is money hungry!" are starting to get old. The site needs to support itself somehow and if this is the way they are going to do it for now, then I say let them. If you don't like it, then ignore it. This website should be about the COMMUNITY not the items. I'm really sad that some people have forgotten this.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean to get up on a soapbox there.

ROFL! No need to apologize.
I've been known to "speechify" myself from time to time. wink

I guess we just have a different perspective on the current state of affairs, because I don't see the current business model ending until something dramatic happens, if ever.
Gaia has done their homework and their Beta testing on the current model, and they have found it to work to their satisfaction.
The fact that Flynn's Booty has now been re-released twice, despite the howls of outrage it encountered on previous iterations shows that it suits Gaia's purposes, and the same is true for the ever increasing amount of high-end Cash releases.
Despite the anger and disenfranchisement of many users, there are obviously enough people willing to take part in the current model to validate its continuation in Gaia's eyes, and the only thing that will change the model is a change in the revenue it generates.
The only question to my way of thinking is, once the model ceases to work, what will be left?
Will enough people have hung on to the site to make whatever rises from the ashes of the current model viable, or will the last of the big-time spenders to depart be the last Gaians left period?

I honestly don't know.
I can't even honestly say if things are bad enough at the moment to drive me away myself.
I think for me, as long as I can find people to chat with about things that interest me, I'll probably be around, but if enough people were to leave in search of greener pastures that my ability to find people to chat with deteriorated beyond a certain point, I too would probably have to find a new home somewhere else.

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
Alexis Stowecroft

If you'd like to help me out, I'm working on getting a thread made to organize the streamed meeting and gather a list of questions and concerns from the community, so those who are for and against the recent changes can have a voice. We can address them in the meeting and maybe this will help or at least get the ball rolling on something bigger to help the community.

Well, my talents are pretty limited...
Beyond the occasional outburst of indignation, I don't bring much to the plate, but if you can think of a way in which I can be of assistance, I'd be happy to. smile

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
No matter what we do, they won't listen. The current CEO is money-hungry so until they get a new CEO, we have to either accept it or leave.

Angelic Champion

Erogenous Jones

I can't help feeling that the first release of Flynn's Booty was because people were bitching about their lack of gold and how they couldn't afford things. Fine, they release an item that helps people get gold. But the release this week, I have a feeling that was specifically FOR the gold sinks they have in mind. Whether it's the recoloured items or the event sink. There's going to be lots of people who want to be in the comic, or people that want that signed poster *cough*MEMEMEME*cough* but if they don't have the means to afford the chance they're going to b***h and complain that Gaia didn't give them a chance. To me, it seems like they just nipped that in the bud by introducing Flynn's Booty again. It's preparing Gaians for the sink ahead of us.

And yeah, I know that doesn't make much sense but really if I had the means I would be throwing all my gold at it just for the chance of the poster because I know that there will always be a means to make gold on this site, whether its from posting, Booty Grab, zOMG or whatever. If people know there will be a way for them to gain gold after the event, they won't be as possessive with what they have now and will be more open to spending what they have.

Fashionable Regular

Erogenous Jones
Alexis Stowecroft

Well, my talents are pretty limited...
Beyond the occasional outburst of indignation, I don't bring much to the plate, but if you can think of a way in which I can be of assistance, I'd be happy to. smile
I'll PM you this evening with some ideas. ^^ I've got msword open to write up a thread outline as well. ^^

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
icyMOTHA
Erogenous Jones

I can't help feeling that the first release of Flynn's Booty was because people were bitching about their lack of gold and how they couldn't afford things. Fine, they release an item that helps people get gold. But the release this week, I have a feeling that was specifically FOR the gold sinks they have in mind. Whether it's the recoloured items or the event sink. There's going to be lots of people who want to be in the comic, or people that want that signed poster *cough*MEMEMEME*cough* but if they don't have the means to afford the chance they're going to b***h and complain that Gaia didn't give them a chance. To me, it seems like they just nipped that in the bud by introducing Flynn's Booty again. It's preparing Gaians for the sink ahead of us.

And yeah, I know that doesn't make much sense but really if I had the means I would be throwing all my gold at it just for the chance of the poster because I know that there will always be a means to make gold on this site, whether its from posting, Booty Grab, zOMG or whatever. If people know there will be a way for them to gain gold after the event, they won't be as possessive with what they have now and will be more open to spending what they have.

There's something to be said for speculating that this most recent release of FB is indeed a means by which people can prepare themselves for the upcoming Halloween Event, ( I happen to agree) but an integral issue is whether or not Flynn's Booty is a viable mechanism for everybody.
Simply put, not everybody has either a massive amount of Gold already in hand, or the ability to spend substantial amounts of real money in the attempt to acquire the amounts that entry into the Poster and Manga draws will require.
Me, I have all of 6.7 million Gold and no intention of spending real money to buy Gold in order to flush it down the toilet.
And I doubt I'm alone in the circumstance of not having the funds, virtual or otherwise, to take part in an Event that has always been open to the entire population.
By creating and accelerating the current inflationary spiral, Gaia has essentially made the upcoming Halloween Event a "Pay to Play" affair, and like so many things they're currently doing, that simply flies directly in the face of what Gaia has always been up until this point in time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff