Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Supporter

I did some digging, and I've got a couple deals for under 100k,
Ringmaster Spat Clips are available for just under 100k, which isn't a bad deal for all those shoe-clip lovers like myself. I've definitely seen them go for much more.
Triscut the Cockatiel is listed as low as 60k. He's a cute enough pet, especially if you're looking for something different, but also comes with a fabulous hat.
Lucky Horseshoe seems like a really versatile item, and you would definitely want to snatch it up way before St. Patrick's day. With an adorable hat and fascinator, along with a really versatile gold belt, it seems like a good deal to me.
Sapphire Plume is going for just 80k, which seems like a good deal to me, especially for an MC, which seem to be hit pretty hard by inflation. I might wait on this one because I can see it dipping a bit lower soon. That eyepatch is great though.
Cutie Clobberer doesn't seem to have inflated very much. Luckily for us that means you can get a super adorable dress and bow for 60k, along with some ribbony weapons. Seriously though, that bow is too cute.
Ten-Second Racer Goggles are available for pretty darn cheap. There's only one listing, but it's under 50k so I would snatch up these babies ASAP.
Talsi's Sash has quite a couple listings for under 50k. I've had this item for ages, and use it a ton. The hair is really nice, the stockings are super-versatile and the coat is gorgeous.
Colonial Gallant can also be yours for under 45k. The red and white could really work for the holiday season, especially the breeches, though the jacket is nice too.
Unconventional Warrior has a listing as low as 40k. The kneepads are my favorite pose here, though the jacket and the beret are also nice. If you need more green, I would definitely check this one out.
Dapper Raptor is an oldie but a goody, I think I posted it in here when it first came out, but it's still a great deal. 35k for a collar, green-accented top hat and monocle. And there's a dinosaur on a bike, what's not to love?
Crimson Promise has also been featured multiple times here. If red plaid is your thing there are 5 kick-a** poses for only 35k. I'm honestly surprised I don't own this yet.
Yggdrasil Fae is a new item, and I wish I had known about it sooner. The skirt and bolero are super cute. It's going for under 35k, I would suggest snatching this purple darling up.
That's all for now, hope bargain-hunting!

Jolly Newb

12,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
Wingbutt
Japonisme
Honestly, I think Faded Revenant is very much worth the 8m.

heart

That's not inexpensive by any definition of the word. classified_fu

So true!

Stellar Succubus

User Image Pale self portrait is at almost 800k. That seems like a lot, but if you use arm and leg mods a fair bit, it can and does make a great alternate to the white body dye that you can use lips with too. The edges are much less noticeable on the stomach area.

But, for a really good deal, try
User Image Sky self portrait.

It's so similar to the pale self portrait, especially with many of the bluish white items, with its price of under 300k, it's a bargain!

Honorable mentions to the other two self portrait skins as well!

Interstellar Enchantress

23,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Aller en Enfer
Eggnog with Cinnamon Stick: Since the holidays are coming up, I wanted to remind everyone of this sweet and very inexpensive drink for around 100g.

Yeah... The other, newer egg nog (Festive Eggnog) has an ABP of 1550g and it's not nearly as lovely as that one.

Speaking of lovely, crazy inexpensive, and classic Christmas-type items, Figgy Pudding is a great one with a store price of 480g at Buttercup Cafe.

Interstellar Enchantress

23,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
I also adore Aspiring Alchemist. 500g purchases a cute badge and a great, unique belt. It is the centerpiece of my favorite 'Nothing Special' avatar outfit.

User Image
Nothing Special Challenge: Create a unique avatar using only Gold Shop, Event Items, Promotional Freebies, Site Freebies (ex: latest Dr. Who item), Advertisement Freebies (ex: Beast King set), Aquarium Freebies (ex: Nautilus and Titan's Legacy Seed), and zOMG! Items, but no Alchemy Items (unless they are attached to an event, in which case they are an Event Item and a freebie since any components came from that event).

I'd love to see this thread show off what you can do with these easily obtained and inexpensive items!

Sweet Bunny

Posting so i can find this page tomorrow.
Keep up with the good finds smile

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
SihadinaKenobi
I also adore Aspiring Alchemist. 500g purchases a cute badge and a great, unique belt. It is the centerpiece of my favorite 'Nothing Special' avatar outfit.

User Image
Nothing Special Challenge: Create a unique avatar using only Gold Shop, Event Items, Promotional Freebies, Site Freebies (ex: latest Dr. Who item), Advertisement Freebies (ex: Beast King set), Aquarium Freebies (ex: Nautilus and Titan's Legacy Seed), and zOMG! Items, but no Alchemy Items (unless they are attached to an event, in which case they are an Event Item and a freebie since any components came from that event).

I'd love to see this thread show off what you can do with these easily obtained and inexpensive items!

You should still be able to get this item for free in the free grant alchemist 1 kit

Witty Nerd

If anyone is interested cheap(ish) headphones, there's these two:

User Image Orchid headphones - The lowest price for these dark purple headphones is currently 35K. It comes with two poses, worn and on the shoulders.

User Image Gold headphones - A dark yellow/gold version of the orchid headphones and slightly more expensive at 53K. A fairly good price for a decent pair of headphones.

Partying Lunatic

It's been a while since I've done one of these.

User Image

Sparkleplum Dreams - I hadn't heard of this item until very recently, and I'm vaguely nonplussed as to why not, since I kind of did a double take when I saw how (relatively) cheap it was. It's not everyday you see an item with a floaty leg mod (a la Faded Revenant) that also happens to be under 500k. In addition to the adorable leg mod, there's a sparkly sheer tutu, a sweet ruffled blouse, a scepter, and a little crown, all in a fetching shade of magenta with cream accents. A bit of a trickier colour combo, but if a dude like me with a dearth of pink items can make it work, so can you. 300k.

User Image

Lovely Maritime - Definitely not the cheapest thing on this list, but how is an item with a wig like that under 500k? The mind boggles. Those are some seriously luxurious chocolate brown locks, especially when you have Agape removing the hair decs (and not that voluminous loose ponytail!). Here's the Agape'd hair on an avatar I threw together with a bunch of the usual kawaii s**t because I really want to emphasize how nice this hair is. The other poses are really cute too; the swimsuit is simply darling and so are the sarong and the sandals. 330k.

User Image

Dark Forest Style - This is probably my favourite item from Verdant Grove. And considering I always tend to like RIG cheapies the most, I'm starting to question my taste in items. lol But anyway, I really like this, mostly because I consider myself a mori boy in real life. It comes with a nice long vest, feather necklace, black laced sleeveless shirt and OH GOD DAT LEG MOD. I love that leg mod so much, you wouldn't believe. 140k.

User Image

Striking Clockman - Let me get this off my chest right away, it baffles me how cheap this thing is. Why? Why so nice yet so cheap? That wig! That cape! That waist sash! That leg mod! Blue/gold colour scheme! Yet it's 120k.

User Image

Rock Angel - Boy howdy, I didn't think it would drop this far. I'm not really into pink (despite what my avatar might lead you to believe), but even I can appreciate how nice this item is. Comes with a floating mike, lacy gloves, a detailed sparkling dress, layered necklaces, and a blazer, but the main attraction in my opinion is the heels! Converse sneaker heels! Do like. 120k.

User Image

Sorrow's Preamble - That detailing and pixelling is insane. I really love the shade of pale blue this item is in, and the poses are just lovely. The face mod is a bit on the horrifying side (which is kind of the point), but the wig, delicate collar, both dresses (the sheerness on the long one's skirt, wow), and that billowing, almost backwing-like sash more than make up for it. 150k.

User Image

Egomanial Cadenza - This post is turning into me raving about my favourite inexpensive leg mods but whatever! Here's another one. Like black/purple? Hate Eccentric Resonance's price tag? This might be a cheap substitute. There is a spot of bronze from the belt buckle, but most shirts cover it up nicely. I like the other poses too - in fact, since I own the aforementioned Eccentric Resonance already I actually use the guitar the most. The wig and vest are also pretty sweet. 160k.

User Image

Datamancer - This s**t's pretty cool, I must say. A futuristic black/white item with a midriff-showing armoured top, skinny slacks, kneepads and boots, floating shoulderpads, and an awesome-looking wig. There's also a subtle tronline-like glow to the white accents on the item that I really like. 190k.

User Image

Murder's Flock - I would have recommended this item before, but every time I looked, it was inflated. It's not right now, so here goes. Sexy purple, sexy detailing. Lots of feathers. Pretty drape belt. Shirt with sleeves that go over your hands. Creepy leg mod. Need I say more? 110k.

User Image

Werebear - You can never go wrong with more purple accessories. The bear head is... a bit bulky, but the necklace provides a very subtle touch of purple to any outfit, and I'm exceedingly fond of the claws. 40k.

User Image

Predominant Principal - Wait, really? I thought it was more expensive than this. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Anyway, poses include a ruler sword, glasses, a navy blue wig, a snazzy vest, navy blue pants pants pants (!), and a cream/navy overcoat. I'm a bit of a pants junkie, so I'll be picking one up myself. 110k.

User Image

Sapphire Cave - Holy cheap arm mod on a stick, Batman! That aside, it also comes with a number of really nice sparkly crystalline blue accessories, and a sweet background to boot. 25k.

User Image

The Adumbral Empress - There's a stunning amount of detail in this item considering its cost. It's in a really nice shade of purple, and comes with a tiara, a gorgeous standing ruff, an elegant dress, a sparkling surcoat, lacy pinstriped sleeves, and a rather sharp looking sceptre. 200k.

User Image

Mod Concentric - You can never have enough red/black, and the patterns in this one are pretty interesting, to say the least (lots of concentric circles!). Comes with a neck scarf, hairpins, stockings, and a minidress, all with a dartboard theme. 50k.

SihadinaKenobi

Here's the gold shop item only jam I rocked in October (no event items or freebies, for extra difficulty):

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

EDIT: Items used:

- Red Graphic Tee
        - Black Big Giant Glasses
        - Classy Red Bow Tie
        - Red Drunken-Fu Tie
        - Red Tenebrous Mohawk Hat
        - Skull Messenger Bag
        - Those Black 90s Gloves
        - Cream Tied Sweater Wrap
        - Striped Rocker Tie
        - Roco Rochel Costume Bracelet
        - Gray Polar Expedition Pile Jacket
        - Black Chunky Sneaks
        - Roco Rochel Costume Ring
        - Black Skull Pincushion Fascinator
        - Casual Black Cargo Shorts
        - Red Sweetheart Stockings
        - Roco Rochel Costume Earrings
        - Vampire Bat Chocololli
        - Sad Raggedy Doll Face Paint

Creeper Bunny

SihadinaKenobi

User Image

Challenge accepted (BTW I love aspiring alchemist, too)

For relevancy. I'll name the items I thought were good deals from the outfits:
Outfit 1:
Doves: 6900
That yellow/green shirt (also comes in pink and green): 9000
The Wig 4740
There's also Titan's Legacy (a must-have), the BOO skin, the 10th aniversary haly/wings, and the Phenix Wright freebie, but those are mentioned all the time.
Outfit 2:
That tail 30400. Okay, it's kinda expensive, but has a bunch of wearable poses. Still think it's worth it.
butterfly cap2400
The tsunami jacket 4700, but I think the free grant of it still works (just look it up in a freebie thread)
The ribbon cinch 900. Seriously, this cinch goes with SO MANY OUTFITS
The neck ribbon 250. JUST BUY THEM ALL!!!
Goth boots 550. Seriously, these boots are kida underrated. I use them so often.
The cuttlephones have been mentioned in this thread before, and the dress is a butterfly dress (Gambino Outfitters)
Outfit 3:
That batty hat: 4500
Those feathers 1560. I really love this accessory since it gives you a lot of height.
A FREAKING BLINDFOLD: 1320. OMG the detail and shading on this item rocks, AND it doesn't unequip a lot of stuff other blindfoldsdo (like the easter bunny ears). It's a bit clunky, but is really classy. Seriously, one of my favorite items on the avi.
The claws 11,500.
Belly Gem: 480. Another item I consider essential. It adds that little pizazz to bar midriffs.
The feathered raven belts: 5400 in Barton Boutique, despite the AI-ers. They do the job of high-end accessories
The pants are part of the Jocobi set in HR Westly. Everyone should just love that set. They're 3600.
I forget what the shoes are. They're from Barton Boutique. The gold shops with my favorite shoes are Barton Boutique (So many styles) and HR Westly (Classy boots and heels, like Audrey's).
Beastly tattoo 190.
EB Scarf100. If you don't have this yet, you should get it while it's still a decent price. Just sayin'.
That cape: 6500. It's actually inflated a little right now, but it's an awsome cape.
The Neck Shackle:19400. Kinda expensive, but I get a bunch of milage out of it

Melodious Fairy

blade of the new republic's tunic is being sold for much less than the gold shop price
& the red sorcerer has dropped to well under 200k, as of this post
comes with a jaunty hat, styled cape and longggg boots

Sparkly Prophet

15,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
SihadinaKenobi
I accepted the challenge. I used the background because it was in the gold shops and the stickers are free. Total balance (based on MP prices) 22,330 Gold
And to keep on topic:
Moria's Wig6k
Its a black wig, and its pretty nice. I used to use it all the time when i was newer to gaia.
Starmony40k
The rainbow wig is a bit much, but I love the backgound.
Ghostly Candles 125g
Decent purple color
Crown of Stars10k
A nicely detailed silver crown.
Pearls 4k
They are perfect for a little speck of color and detail when needed. I have used these on numerous occasions.
Heavenly Awesome 48k
Yay clouds!!! A bit hard to work with the color but nice anyways! And there's a unicorn!
Armor Ryder Boots20k
The boots are really nice looking.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
Sasameku
        User Image

Predominant Principal - Wait, really? I thought it was more expensive than this. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Anyway, poses include a ruler sword, glasses, a navy blue wig, a snazzy vest, navy blue pants pants pants (!), and a cream/navy overcoat. I'm a bit of a pants junkie, so I'll be picking one up myself. 110k.
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Darn you. I had no idea there was a Principal Mills item. I would have been able to ignore it if it wasn't for the pants. x.x

of the House of Demonic Dreams
my freaking god this thread has exploded i remember when it had like 30 pages max

Anyway, I haven't been active on here in a while so I don't really know what is considered cheap nowadays considering the grossly inflated prices but nevertheless (also apologies if any of these have been mentioned already recently):

Someone Please Help Me - probably the nicest, cheapest eyes I've seen (the ones I have on currently). The hair pose is pretty decent too if layered correctly. Around 10k at the moment. Also: it's a Hannibal reference item what more could you want like srsly.

Jumper Collection: decent collection of various tops, layering options amazing (my striped top is from this item). It's also a blatant Sherlock ref item so what's to lose for 1-2k.

Crater Feel - two interesting hair poses with heaps of potential if paired with the right eyes/layered right for 41k-ish. Also includes an orange space suit if anyone wants to do a Clay Terran/Solomon Starbuck cosplay ahaha Ace Attorney 5 anyone?

Ahoy Ahead - Pretty nicely crafted pirate hats, three decent colour pallets that are easily matched with other items. 40k lowest price at the moment.

Playful Captain's Hat - Pretty cute, easily matchable, pastel hat for 5-7k.

Oona Silverclan of Stormforge - [points to own avatar] DAT HAIR. 33k-ish. You will regret not picking one of these up just like everyone else that didn't pick up Psychedelic Submersible (solely for that smooth-a** hair) for 30k before it went back up to 100k+

EDIT: OH DEAR LORDY THAT PRO BONO PUBLICO BEAUTY OF A ITEM IS A FREEBIE (go back to page 531 for the link)
Dat objection face. Dat arm pose at the exact angle. DAT WIDGET NECKLACE.

fxxkin demon

I have accepted the challenge and here is my result.

User Image

Very weird to see my avatar without all the stuff that makes him Sal. Anyway I decided on a Xmas theme since the holiday is looming over us. This look will cost about 58k which is like an hour of Booty Grab or something. List of items is as follows:

The hair of course is "Someone Please Help Me." I cannot find the bloody MP link but I know it's been posted here many times before.

Then Mistletoe Headband for 3.4k

Cowboy Stubble, a nice gold shop item from Global Imports, 900gg.

Ol Pete's Sweater. 1.2k It's a lot cheaper than the other Xmas sweaters out there.

Underneath that is a a staple of every invo (or should be imho) is a Red Wool top. 798gg from Gamino Outfitters. Comes in SEVEN colors.

Jeans are Grunjeans from CrossStitch. A little pricy at 6.6k but I think they are one of the nicest jeans on Gaia.

Green stripy socks from Barton Boutique, 3k

Now for the slippers. These are cute and festive. They are based one of my favorte shopkeepers, Carl and they cost all of 4k. That's right 4,000gg. Buy them here.

Gingerbread Man Cookie. 480gg Same price as the gingerbread cupcake in Rina's shop. More poses though.

And finally Reindurr. He is the most expensive of the items at 30k. An X-mas zOMG recipe from a few years ago. Comes with a plushie, backpack, and harness. Bit of a weird item but I've seen people do some interesting things with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff