Welcome to Gaia! ::

Summery Seeker

I think we need to take a moment to talk about the price of Checkmates. I used to pine after the hair in this EI, but it was too expensive for me; I can remember it being about ~700k. 2nd and 3rd gens are going for ~120k right now. There is also Checkmate Void, which appears to be lower at 850k, if that's been one of your wishlist items.

Tricky Treasure

neatflocks
I think we need to take a moment to talk about the price of Checkmates. I used to pine after the hair in this EI, but it was too expensive for me; I can remember it being about ~700k. 2nd and 3rd gens are going for ~120k right now. There is also Checkmate Void, which appears to be lower at 850k, if that's been one of your wishlist items.

Oh wow, I didn't realize the originals had gotten that low. Lots of interesting armour pieces!

Summery Seeker

I've felt inspired for a bit to do a collective post of inexpensive EI/REIs that I think are worth mentioning. They are listed from cheapest to most expensive, for the most part. I link to either the cheapest gen or the gen list if many generations are inexpensive. I'll try to keep the list updated. Hope everyone finds something useful c:

Orindae has that cute-ugly frog we love, and the prince!
Gro-Gain gives you that body hair you've been looking for.
White Drome Egg has some fierce eyes and wild hair.
Tama's Basket has a cute red panda and bamboo backround.
Catastrophe has a plethora of cats.
Owlpocalypse for all your owl-loving needs.
Mineiro Scroll one of this thread's popular items!
Cocoon lots of silky, moth inspired items. Also terrifying huge moth companions.
DandiiDooDad Spore is full of fluff and a cute green companion.
Fausto's Bottle has that pretty unicorn.
Bunnihilation more animal love.
Wingding shirts and butts!
Gary's Island Adventure island-inspired items.
Furugasa Folklore items, some hair and a skin mod.
Captain Ara's Nestegg Pirate items! Skin mods and beards!
Nartian Rock has those cute aliens and their fashion.
Mana Seed has big tress and beautiful backrounds, along with green and cream items and crystal eyes.
Le Carousel has risen a bit, but is still a good deal for the beautiful items in it.
Pistolera has a lovely hair and very high quality black and ruby items.
Kelp o' th' Loch I know we tend to like mermaid tails and the like, so I've included this.
Enchanted Book has lots of different poses, including gowns, coats, backrounds, hair and companions.
Timmy has more beards in it! But, personally, I like the "teen angst eyes."
Yemaya's Pearl is added here because of all it's sea life! And MORE TAILS!
Apprentice Charm is that item with the ever-popular witch hat. It has items with soft blues and white, along with two hairs.
Checkmate includes lovely armor items and beautiful hair.
Dappy Dandy is another favorite in this thread. And with all those poses, why wouldn't it be?! It's really a steal at this price.
Deinocti's Oath includes lots of items with royal blue and black. Plus a cute fox!
Anesidora's Woe has purple! Face, leg, hair and arm mod are included. I could see a lot of different avatars being made from this.
Biancamella has tons of pink, gold and white.
Gimpi includes those heterochromatic eyes and lots of grey and black.

I went up to ~160k for the intentions of this thread. Please tell me if a link is incorrect. Also if you think I should add any to the list!

Shy Perfectionist

neatflocks
Please tell me if a link is incorrect. Also if you think I should add any to the list!
The link for Kelp o' th' Loch is missing and the Pistolera one is wrong.
I personally like DandiiDooDad, but it used to be way cheaper. I guess it's being consumed my alchemy.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Sweetest Petshop is only 35k, and with the sellback value being 30k it won't get much lower. I bring this up because it has two bunny items, giving a low-cost rabbit to anyone wanting an Easter avatar but can't spend hundreds of thousands on one of the other bunny companions we have.

High-functioning Detective

20,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
neatflocks

Ugh, why am I so poor? I want a Checkmate! crying

Summery Seeker

justicecream
neatflocks
Please tell me if a link is incorrect. Also if you think I should add any to the list!
I personally like DandiiDooDad, but it used to be way cheaper. I guess it's being consumed my alchemy.

Thank you for the corrections and suggestion! They are very much appreciated.

Dedicated Giver

21,225 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Loiterer 100
  • Nerd 50
marshmallowcreampie

Love the Life of Pi cosplay! 4laugh

Consulting Time Lord

You're poor because you hang out in this thread! wink Love your signature quote btw...workin' on my Perfect attendance achievement too! (51/90 today) smile

Here's another contribution to the thread: Monthly Collectibles!

Almost ALL of them from 2007 are around 50k or less...Just search for 2007 and you'll find a ton of nifty items! Here are just a few
examples!

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Aalyve Wyyre

Consulting Time Lord

You're poor because you hang out in this thread! wink Love your signature quote btw...workin' on my Perfect attendance achievement too! (51/90 today) smile

This thread breaks me like once a month.

Totally worth it.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/1704
Jolly Hat (Santa hat) is only around 100k now, I think it was like 300k-400k around Christmas time.

Cute Spirit

15,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Hero 100
slavegirlspmme69
Shoo
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/47273

First time posting in this thread! Luna's Spectrespecs are going for 500 Gold now! They look really nice.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zombie Ovaries

User Image

You do realise by quoting someone with their text intact, you're actually making additional copies of their spammy message right? You can just edit your quote so that you trim out the message & it will be fine.

Back to items- I thought that I'd point out how nice some of Gaia's starter sets are these days. That's right, things which are either 2 or 5 gold. At that price, how can you not have them? Starter items have certainly come a long way from peasant clothing.

Just put starter in when you search

Some of my personal favourites include
User Image Neutral Starter Glitzy Headband- also available in warm and cool. It's a giant bow which goes on your head! I'm just waiting for the day they recolour these in some lighter/brighter colours.
User ImageCool Starter Hero's Top, also in warm and neutral, and the full hero/heroine's set. These are amazingly detailed & also the cool set contains teal, a colour which is hard to find at times.
User ImageStarter Adventure Time Jake T-Shirt, and the other Adventure Time shirts. I'm not even actually a fan of the show, but I am a fan of basic t-shirts in a colour palette which isn't from 2003
User Image Neutral Starter Windblown Coat (also in warm and cool). It's a really nice chequered coat. Keep your avatar warm and stylish for only 5 gold!

User Image

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
justicecream
neatflocks
Yup~ I bought ten of em, not all the same gen thou ninja It's my path way for leveling up

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff