Welcome to Gaia! ::

Serpentine Loverboy

28,625 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
Lush Loves You
the Galaxy Vest is pretty sweet and for only 4k, you really have nothing to lose picking one up biggrin

It's quite a shame that its beautiful red counterpart, the Nebula Vest is nowhere near its price.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
DJ G-REX
I still can't believe that Regalinovo is so cheap now. It was 1-2mil at one time and now it's 100-200k. I love the items on it so much.

Speaking of that, I like how it goes with Order of Atlantis, another nice item at only 24k right now.

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
TTRPG Limited Ed. Manual: You get a pose with a dragon's spirit coming out of the book, a pose with just the dragon spirit hovering next to you, and multiple handholding poses with the book itself. Currently 12k.

Legion Armor: Chunky armor shoulder pads that remind me of Bowser and a nice looking tabard (sash sort of dress). Currently under 8k.

Fellowship Armor: Blue armor shoulderpads and a blue tabard. Currently around 15k.

Bashful Phantom

16,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
I stalk the ei's untill they go under 100k and then snatch them up smile
when the 3rd gen of something comes out the prices tend to plummet dramatically then go back up to near where they were before (agape was a good example of this gen 3 was selling at 750k right when it came out and now its up to 2.5million....I am so glad I grabbed one while it was still below 1 mill)

the one I cant belive right now is le carosel 3 is only 60k, thats less than some of the old crappy ones from years past

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Ardee01
Lush Loves You
the Galaxy Vest is pretty sweet and for only 4k, you really have nothing to lose picking one up biggrin

It's quite a shame that its beautiful red counterpart, the Nebula Vest is nowhere near its price.
Wow, I know recolors can vary a lot in price, but this seems really crazy, espcially since they're both single pose items. I've been trying to figure out why and all I can think of is that red/black is a much more popular color combo then purple/gold. I just didn't think it was more than 100k more popular.

Now to be on topic. I've been looking at pets, honestly just lamenting over the fact that I'll probably never have a Ewenicorn, but there are a lot of really cute, fairly cheap options for all you animal lovers. Here are these market place offerings all at or below 10k.

User ImageSven the Penguin- has both a cute grown up penguin and an adorable baby penguin, with on-your-head pose. 10k

User ImageDandy Lion- this item has been around for years, I think it was part of one of the first RIGs released through the cash shop, which is probably why its so cheap, over looked in the flood of items that came after it. Its adorably cute and only 10k.

User ImageSisky the Wombat- I had never heard of this item but its pretty cute, very cute considering its only 4k. The brown color may not apeal to everyone, but I have noticed a lot of people using brown based color schemes lately.

User ImageHoliday Cardinal- Okay, there's really no good reason this item is so cheap. It has a cute bird, its not overtly x-mas/winter themed so it can be used for other things, too, it has a cloak that comes with, which is in the ever popular red/black color scheme. In fact there's an MC with a similar pose that is going for 40k, which while not that expensive either, is still nearly 10 times what this is selling for.

User ImageBenny the Puppy- this item is no secret, just very cute and inexpensive. Its got one listing at 8k significantly below all the other listings, so get it while its hot.

User ImageRock Puppy-Seriously, what has the world come to? This item is cute, among my favorite MCs, and a little funny too, depending on your humor. So why is it only 9k? I don't get it, but I guess its just a good thing for you guys.

User ImageKaya the Cat- Another cute item that won't break the bank, though the tannish brown coloring may be hard for some people to work with.

Tricky Treasure

File this under "not necessarily cheap but a cheaper knock-off"...if you're dying for that space skin in Padmavati's Lotus, Stellar Birth has a comparable version for about a third of the price (130k)

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
She-who-loves-hyphens
Now to be on topic. I've been looking at pets, honestly just lamenting over the fact that I'll probably never have a Ewenicorn, but there are a lot of really cute, fairly cheap options for all you animal lovers. Here are these market place offerings all at or below 10k.

User ImageSven the Penguin- has both a cute grown up penguin and an adorable baby penguin, with on-your-head pose. 10k

User ImageDandy Lion- this item has been around for years, I think it was part of one of the first RIGs released through the cash shop, which is probably why its so cheap, over looked in the flood of items that came after it. Its adorably cute and only 10k.

User ImageSisky the Wombat- I had never heard of this item but its pretty cute, very cute considering its only 4k. The brown color may not apeal to everyone, but I have noticed a lot of people using brown based color schemes lately.

User ImageHoliday Cardinal- Okay, there's really no good reason this item is so cheap. It has a cute bird, its not overtly x-mas/winter themed so it can be used for other things, too, it has a cloak that comes with, which is in the ever popular red/black color scheme. In fact there's an MC with a similar pose that is going for 40k, which while not that expensive either, is still nearly 10 times what this is selling for.

User ImageBenny the Puppy- this item is no secret, just very cute and inexpensive. Its got one listing at 8k significantly below all the other listings, so get it while its hot.

User ImageRock Puppy-Seriously, what has the world come to? This item is cute, among my favorite MCs, and a little funny too, depending on your humor. So why is it only 9k? I don't get it, but I guess its just a good thing for you guys.

User ImageKaya the Cat- Another cute item that won't break the bank, though the tannish brown coloring may be hard for some people to work with.

Fuseling is another pet that I like, with some nice hair and a lot of listings in the 10k-15k range!

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Bunnihilation, Paper Play, and Bunny Kites are all items whose prices surprise me. They're so cheap and cute! If you love rabbits, books, and kites check them out.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,750 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

Absolutely adore your lava lamp signature... I stared at that and zoned for a good 5 minutes or more. :3

...no straight thing was ever made."

Lush Loves You

Ginny is a super-cute guinea pig companion for only 15k c:

And if you want a ridiculous cat face but can't afford Cat Faces just yet, I Heart Waffles has a cat face available for all your feline needs :3

Krankles the Kiwi is a precious kiwi bird companion for 13k ♥

I love the headdress on Corona Austrina and it's only 13k

and how can anyone not love Nara? She's an angry fat little deer for just 11k x3

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Icy Inuit is under 40k, another example of a forgotten CI prize price drop.

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
MY PRECIOUS GOLD!!! X)
But seriously I haven't checked this thread out in months <3 snatching up many great deals!

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

Queen Bee
I remember when this item was over 100k. I just snagged one for 37k. Be a good match for the Stinger REI.

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Frothy
Legion Armor: Chunky armor shoulder pads that remind me of Bowser and a nice looking tabard (sash sort of dress). Currently under 8k.

Fellowship Armor: Blue armor shoulderpads and a blue tabard. Currently around 15k.

both of those have jumped back up. Do you guys ever wonder if some people watch this list ot find the next big thing to inflate in prices? Those posts with those links weren't that long ago, and already the cheapest ones on buy it now are @ 30k'ish.

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Graceangel
both of those have jumped back up. Do you guys ever wonder if some people watch this list to find the next big thing to inflate in prices? Those posts with those links weren't that long ago, and already the cheapest ones on buy it now are @ 30k'ish.

Oh, definitely. There's always a bit of a price boost applied to any item posted in this thread; after all, the whole point of it is to point out relatively cheap, forgotten items to the public to make them known again. Most of time it's just a harmless price bump, but some do get "sniped" by users attempting to artificially inflate the prices; from what I've seen, that usually only happens with really cheap items (under 20k) with very few listings. Don't worry, if you wanted those items I'm sure they'll go down eventually. They're crazy if they think users are going to pay 100k+ when the graphs show it A) selling for consistently less for a prolonged period of time and B) never before even coming close to the selling price they're asking now. Legion Armor, specifically, seems to fluctuate between 10k and 20k over the course of a year so anything over 30k is just ridiculous. But they're perfectly willing to try; that's the free market. As for Fellowship Armor, the year long graph shows that it usually sells around 30k so while yes, it has gone back up from the original bargain of 15k, it's not an unreasonable price without precedent.

There's very little you can do to "avoid" the issue. At best, if you notice the same people listing items in this manner, you can add them to your ignore list so that if you ever post items in the thread they can't see it (barring others quoting you).

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Frothy

Oh, definitely. There's always a bit of a price boost applied to any item posted in this thread; after all, the whole point of it is to point out relatively cheap, forgotten items to the public to make them known again. Most of time it's just a harmless price bump, but some do get "sniped" by users attempting to artificially inflate the prices; from what I've seen, that usually only happens with really cheap items (under 20k) with very few listings. Don't worry, if you wanted those items I'm sure they'll go down eventually. They're crazy if they think users are going to pay 100k+ when the graphs show it A) selling for consistently less for a prolonged period of time and B) never before even coming close to the selling price they're asking now. Legion Armor, specifically, seems to fluctuate between 10k and 20k over the course of a year so anything over 30k is just ridiculous. But they're perfectly willing to try; that's the free market. As for Fellowship Armor, the year long graph shows that it usually sells around 30k so while yes, it has gone back up from the original bargain of 15k, it's not an unreasonable price without precedent.

There's very little you can do to "avoid" the issue. At best, if you notice the same people listing items in this manner, you can add them to your ignore list so that if you ever post items in the thread they can't see it (barring others quoting you).

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I mean, a lot of these are older RIG items with relatively few listings, and people tend to naturally price their item only a little below the next listing, so with increased interest, of course some of these things will be snapped up. How much of it is increased demand & how much is opportunism? I don't really know. I think both of these factors come into play when explaining the price spike. Which reminds me, when I have a bit more gold & there are listings again, I need to get myself a Winner's Circle.

I can't get over how cheap Daisy's Light Hair and Daisy's Dark Hair have become. I remember when they were released they were several hundred k each, but now both consistently have listings under 100k, with the light version sometimes as low as 70k. Each one has 5 different colours of wig, which have really nice bangs, so even if you don't like the back/bows too much, they look very cute under a hat. (For those who can't afford Agape, a Gardening Bandana underneath a hat gives you a similar effect for only a few k).

If you like cute things to hold, O-Tea-P has a tea cup, slice of toast, book, a pastry and teapot for only about 10k.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff