Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hey kids remember Gimpi? all the gens are under 200k

I just picked up a 8th gen for 135k, its a good item if you are a fan of the colour grey.

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
buncy

I just picked up a 8th gen for 135k, its a good item if you are a fan of the colour grey.

629/543 2 of your jellyfish are glowing smile

Yes, Gimpi, very cool price its standing heart Very cool item.

Xmas 2k11 Event Festive Antlers 250 to 300 gold each. so underrated item wink

Unforgiving Genius

One other thing.

I know the admins aren't any type of government and shouldn't act as such. However, I wonder if they wouldn't mind regulating the market place a bit.

They release items that gain insane popularity within a few days and then leave the marketplace incredibly inflated.

I wouldn't mind buying items on the market place if it weren't so hard to earn gold in the first place. Sure you can post in the forms, play zomg, and play HoC, but in the end unless you buy cash its become very difficult to make a living on Gaia.

So what I'm asking is that they help us Gaians out a bit and curve the inflation a bit.
Call me a radial, but a little intervention is appreciated at time

Summery Seeker

Cockatiel Cub is a really cute golden/light blue companion that goes for ~50k (seems to be up recently?) Also includes a nice little hat for you to wear.

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
lifes poison
One other thing.

I know the admins aren't any type of government and shouldn't act as such. However, I wonder if they wouldn't mind regulating the market place a bit.

They release items that gain insane popularity within a few days and then leave the marketplace incredibly inflated.

I wouldn't mind buying items on the market place if it weren't so hard to earn gold in the first place. Sure you can post in the forms, play zomg, and play HoC, but in the end unless you buy cash its become very difficult to make a living on Gaia.

So what I'm asking is that they help us Gaians out a bit and curve the inflation a bit.

Unfortunately, they won't do that.
The marketplace has operated pretty much the same way ever since I joined in '04.
People are free to put their items in at whatever prices they want.

Back in the days of Price Guides in the Exchange forum, a very respected exchanger and then mod, made a relevant post on this subject, and made his comments into a sig.
I still have the screenshot of it.

User Image

Sparkly Bilge rat

14,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
lifes poison
One other thing.

I think Gaia has helped work towards that end. They have fixed Booty Grab where the larger tank owners don't get as much gold but tank players or small owners get an increase (I just played on your tank and got you 519 gold).

Free cash offers are a lot better too. I don't know how to vend as well as some Gaians but I have found that if I'm determined enough I can play BG and watch enough videos over time to earn items.

Fluffy Creature

lifes poison
One other thing.

Gold is much easier to earn than it used to be. They do try to regulate the economy via goldsinks (gold shops, alchemy, Flynn's Plunder, etc) that are designed to remove gold from the economy, they nerfed Booty Grab so not as much gold enters the economy, setting sellback prices on certain RIG items to theoretically guide MP prices, and periodically rereleasing certain items that are in low supply. But since gold is so easy to earn (comparatively), these methods can't quite catch up.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
lifes poison
One other thing.

unfortunately, the system works in their favor - especially rare RIG items. their RIG sales would be piss-poor if they didn't have so many desirable rares to drive up sales, and it works for those gaians too, who use the system to hopefully gain a lot of gold on gaia.

personally, what i'd like to see is more cheap stuff in the cash shop. once upon a time, there was a larger selection of items under $1, and now all we have is like a quarterly EI (Bunnhilation) and birthstone stuff.

and to make this slightly more relevant - i can't believe how much alchemy stuff has gone down in cost @_@
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/67913

Lunarian Blonde Bao, one of the nicest items from alchemy imho, is down 2-3 million to an affordable range. it's not inexpensive, but it sure is a nice change.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
lifes poison
One other thing.

The problem is that economies don't function that way. The price on extreme expensive items is almost always due to rarity vs demand, and placing an artificial cap on prices will just make the items harder to get.

Take a look at something like Cherubic Queen of Solair or Mini Angel Wings. "Absurd prices!" you say. "60mil or 200mil is far too much to pay!" But if we manage to put something in place that would prevent people from selling them for more than 500k (and manage to enforce it), then what would happen? They wouldn't be sold at all. These items number in the dozens, and are desired by nearly every person out of tens of thousands on the website. We'd end up in a situation like the Angelic Halo, where people are offering billions and billions of gold worth of items and getting nowhere, because the owners of the items just don't want to part with them.

Kurby123321 's Honey Bun

Beloved Bunny

lifes poison
One other thing.

I believe that is exactly what the gold shop and Flynn's Plunder is for

Unforgiving Genius

B a n i r a b u
lifes poison
One other thing.

Ya but the items there aren't very rare. They're mostly items from '07 to '09, items that most of us got in quests.

Kurby123321 's Honey Bun

Beloved Bunny

lifes poison
B a n i r a b u
lifes poison
One other thing.

Ya but the items there aren't very rare. They're mostly items from '07 to '09, items that most of us got in quests.

But if you're looking to buy something rare you should expect a hefty price tag for it.

Tricky Treasure

Hachiorsan
buncy

they're at 400k now rofl I guess we know who stalks this thread and tries to AI s**t now, don't we...

Summery Seeker

Gamine
Hachiorsan

they're at 400k now rofl I guess we know who stalks this thread and tries to AI s**t now, don't we...

Holy s**t.

*takes thread and hides it away from them*

Beloved Knight

neatflocks
Gamine
Hachiorsan

Holy s**t.

*takes thread and hides it away from them*

This thread is just boosting certain item prices to go up insanely... cat_surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff