Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Gamine
Lazarus Larkin
Gamine
I've finally got some more gold to play with so it looks like this thread is once again a dangerous place to be xD

User ImageThe Wretched - A Les Miserables inspired item, looks like it shot way up around when the movie came out, but it's down to ~40k now. A pretty solid collection of masculine coats, I especially like the last one because it's fun to layer with.

WHY IS THE CANDLESTICK GOLD AND NOT SILVER

*shakes fist in rage*

Haha, I wondered the same thing..I think it's one of those items that's *just* different enough to be considered a homage instead of an item directly related to the source. I'm sure it's from a totally unrelated and unique story about french convict Ralph Vanralph.

But the original source has been in the public domain for years, so why would it matter?
pretty sick those values..
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Lazarus Larkin
Gamine
Lazarus Larkin
Gamine
I've finally got some more gold to play with so it looks like this thread is once again a dangerous place to be xD

User ImageThe Wretched - A Les Miserables inspired item, looks like it shot way up around when the movie came out, but it's down to ~40k now. A pretty solid collection of masculine coats, I especially like the last one because it's fun to layer with.

*shakes fist in rage*

Haha, I wondered the same thing..I think it's one of those items that's *just* different enough to be considered a homage instead of an item directly related to the source. I'm sure it's from a totally unrelated and unique story about french convict Ralph Vanralph.

But the original source has been in the public domain for years, so why would it matter?

Probably just a mistake.

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Lazarus Larkin
Gamine
Lazarus Larkin
Gamine

*shakes fist in rage*

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that, under U.S. law, a company or corporation can buy the rights and then extend the copy write. That may have have happened, because they just made that Les Mis movie.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
The movie is based on the musical. They didn't buy the copyright of the original novel though, that's public domain.

Alien Sex Symbol

Cross my heart Sweet eye patch and adorable little shorts 33,000

Cat's tangle cute bodice with a bondage-y feel. 80,000

Mod Concentric Cute dress, and accessories 30,000

Swan song 2 cute dresses and accessories 40,000

Tricky Treasure

I figured it was intentionally different not out of copyright issues, but just because they like to do their own "Gaiafied" versions of various pop culture things *shrug*
Either way though, I'm on the hunt for any other item that contains a silver candlestick razz I swear I've see one...

edit: no such luck yet, I thought we had a more inclusive generic "Clue" based item, but in that search I turned up some neat finds:

Confidential Mustard- 40-50k, solid set of masculine yellow-and-black items that are all the rage right now. Would probably go incredibly well with The Stinger.

Hanafuda- A little pricey for my blood at 90-100k but wow, these are some seriously gorgeous backdrops. And you get four of them!

Buggy Punk

There are a few Familiars of Demonic Affection going for under 10k right now. Has a couple little pets, a female and male companion, and a black and red rose bouquet. I picked up one for Valentine's Day.

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Mereluna
There are a few Familiars of Demonic Affection going for under 10k right now. Has a couple little pets, a female and male companion, and a black and red rose bouquet. I picked up one for Valentine's Day.

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Ah. Perfect for my current look. Thank you for the alert =D

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Blessed Healer

Stumbled upon this earlier today: Electric Gun-tar, which is just what it sounds like- a blue gun-shaped guitar, with poses in which it looks like a gun, guitar, or both. And a blue dagger/knife pose as well. A little inflated around the 7k mark (average is 4k) but either way it's a fun little item. 3nodding

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
With the Super Bowl coming up, this football helmet is a perfect, super cheap way to dress for the event. At roughly 30g (that's right, less than 100g!) you won't break the bank or stray too far from your quest while still rocking a relevant style. Sweet.

Nimble Explorer

Gamine

Hanafuda- A little pricey for my blood at 90-100k but wow, these are some seriously gorgeous backdrops. And you get four of them!

Heck, that pretty much equals 25k per backdrop, which I'd totally pay.
As soon as I stop being broke again xD

Blessed Healer

For all your tie-wearing needs, there's Business Man's Tie Rack. It's 6 different ties in assorted colors (light blue, yellow, pink, plum, lavender, and olive green) for the low price of 4k. That's less than 1k a tie!

Kurby123321 's Honey Bun

Beloved Bunny

HEY! HEY! HEY!
LISTEN!
HEY! HEY!

Celestial origins Bundle
I haven't quite done the math with bundle,
but I couldn't resist buying a bundle this cheap
with such beautiful items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items