Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Fairy

12,375 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I run into it time and time again, especially lately. The Gaian economy has been unstable, and some of those items you've always been questing for seem more attainable than ever before. (Likewise, some just continue to rise with no end in sight.)

But lets focus for a minute on those items that cause you to wonder just exactly how they are so inexpensive. We all know that it's supply and demand along with market saturation blahblahblah, but I'm curious as to which items tickle your fancy without breaking your bank. Who knows, maybe you'll find some new items in this thread that you'll just have to have after this.

In the Ruhk - I find the background scenery in this one to be superb largely in it's wonder. It looks like it's been taken straight out of a Disney film, and then they added some extra poses for kicks. 20k?

Apep Cobra Armor - It's a struggle to match and the items are very detailed. To make it harder, it's a very stylized item. But I'd consider the art in this one to be some of the highest quality pieces on Gaia today. Around 200k? When similar sets are up to 500k or more?

Nautilus Raiment - I would have assumed that steampunk/nautical sets would be astronomically high by now. This is one of those items I kicked myself for not buying when it started to rise in price. It matches easily, and makes you look way cooler. When I saw one for 600k, it was an impulse buy that I've never looked back on.

Gogh Reed - At one point, this item was a big deal. As the most expansive EI ever, it continued to amaze with every evolution. When the finale came, it skyrocketed in price to over a million. Back then, that was a lot - especially if you had bought it when it was first released for around 200k. Obviously it's not as new and cool anymore, but some of the earlier versions stabilized around 800k. It's got multiple poses that cover almost any color in the book, and by my standards, still a worthwhile pickup.

So that's my list, at least so far and off the top of my head. Enlighten me - which items rock your world without the hefty cost?

3,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Your right there costs can be insane... i can think of one item right now SKELETON one day its 11k now its up to 21k crazy.... crying

dancing_ice's Fangirl

I think there's just too many items released each month for the users to keep up. I only recognized Nautilus and Gogh reed from your list. gonk
People are easily distracted by the new shinies that...older items are forgotten and hence drop in price.

The latest item I really liked is the zodiacal, but it's not something I'd consider far fetched.^^
There's a lot of items where the price is just insane.

I personally think most of the expensive items aren't able to be used as much as some of the mid-range cheaper items.

Powered-up Fighter

Nitemare headband Its a simple item, been fluxuating lately too. Used to be the thing to have and massively expensive back in the day. What I like so much about the item is its simple, it adds a little something to avatars. It doesn't have that band across the head. And most important of all, it sets correctly on the head, unlike a lot of Gaia's avatar item positioning now.

White monster Not a fan of lady-gag-face, but the style of the boots has an 80s feel. Its one of the few shoes that Gaia has for males that have the boots come all the way up with out the feet /leg mods to the extreme. Its a very well done item and I'd like to see at least those boots in different colors.

Field Creeper I like this item, it goes great with a lot of different things I have found, I've got at least 3 of these things now. They're not expensive. I think the coat and the hat are just awesome. The birds come in handy too on some avatars. Especially later in the year. The mask I've not found too much use for personally, but would probably make for a wicked RE avatar.

Over all, I guess simple well made / well layered/ good positioning items keep me happy.

A few more items I listed

Darling

i have this thing of liking brown avatars.
i also like nautilus but i find it expensive HAHAHA rofl rofl

hm.
for me, hawkin's compass looks nice.
also, steamgear desperado. but its 720k.
it's not 'cheap' though. but its really pretty.

Wheezing Bookworm

1. Steamgear Desperado - It's around 700k and while all the poses are good, I LOVE the leg mod. One of the few I really like.

2.Lyndexer's Journal - If you love brown, teal or plaid this is a must have. There are some great unisex poses in this EI. I picked up two for around 200K. It's now just slightly over 300K.

3.Twinkle the Space Goat - I LOVE the horns pose and for under 10k - it's totally worth it.

4. Majnun 64K for a great hat, some awesome important looking papers or the pretty, spring, sakura poses. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I'm a cheap date.

Edit: I also LOVE the Nautilus Raiment too. It's those boots! They are fantastic.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
You reminded me the Raiment had hardcore deflated... I've gotta rebuy that thing D: <33 I sold it and I regret it. LOVE that, and if it's cheaper it's even better.

Tipsy Nerd

10,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
This hair I'm wearing is at the fantastic price of 400k-seriously that is good for a nice wig.
Hawkin's Treasure and Sir Percy are also fab from Lost Chapter.
As far as EI's go Lyndexer's journal is really unappreciated imo.
And Ace Meow is the most adorable companion ever-and it's less than Kaya the cat.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ornate Snowflake. Pretty, useful cute accessories and doesn't cost a thing. O.o

Rare

All of these can be acquainted to deflation from over-saturation from RIG items. More specifically, Gogh Reed got a rerelease making prices overall fall. Also, the march of time made it fall.

The Rhuk item I think was REALLY over-saturated and not to mention backgrounds and green isn't terribly popular, especially that shade.

Cobra armor I'm guess is over-saturated to be so low and red/black/gold. Raiment I heard was dropped a lot recently.

And Raiment for 600k? I better pick one up.

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
ToushinYusuke

Field Creeper I like this item, it goes great with a lot of different things I have found, I've got at least 3 of these things now. They're not expensive. I think the coat and the hat are just awesome. The birds come in handy too on some avatars. Especially later in the year. The mask I've not found too much use for personally, but would probably make for a wicked RE avatar.

Over all, I guess simple well made / well layered/ good positioning items keep me happy.

:OOO EPIC COAT!! The birds..:OO Thank you so much for this!
i love the pirate anchor item BTW ITTSS CHEAP 500k range

Stellar Succubus

I had been lusting after the SDPlus Frederika for a very long time. Finally snapped one up for the bargain price of 1,350,000g Could have had one for 200k cheaper, if I'd made the gold in time!

So pleased! So very pleased, since they were 3 - 5 million a little while ago.

Me and whippy are very happy together!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces