Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cruel Bind
Winds Of Insanity
"Inexpensive"? Seems like people keep posting things in the 100k+ range. Doesn't seem inexpensive to me, given I'd rather not play the "gaia stock market"...

Inexpensive to you isn't the same as inexpensive to another user wink

I'm aware, but it seems a bit ridiculous. I'd have to treat gaia like a job for some of the things in the market place. It's like everyone and their mother is Midas, going around on a relentless poking spree.

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Winds Of Insanity
Cruel Bind
Winds Of Insanity
"Inexpensive"? Seems like people keep posting things in the 100k+ range. Doesn't seem inexpensive to me, given I'd rather not play the "gaia stock market"...

I'm aware, but it seems a bit ridiculous. I'd have to treat gaia like a job for some of the things in the market place. It's like everyone and their mother is Midas, going around on a relentless poking spree.

To give you a good perspective, most people in the GCD have a decent gold amount/inventory. Gold isn't too hard to come by honestly, zOMG, booty grab, cash cards, etc~

Nerd

Oeuf
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW OR WHY CELEBRATION RIBBONS IS 15K
HOW burning_eyes i bought mine for 300k ugh crying

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/54567/

Oh, thanks, didn't remember that item, so cheap =D

Erm, anyway, they are very cheap cause I believe they were released again in a bundle with some other more special items. But I'm not 100% sure.

Buggy Survivor

Global Pack gives you little white wings for only 7k-ish o:

Reindeer

BiaA
Oeuf

Oh, thanks, didn't remember that item, so cheap =D

Erm, anyway, they are very cheap cause I believe they were released again in a bundle with some other more special items. But I'm not 100% sure.
lol i know that xD
im just posing the question because its awfully cheap for a wonderful item ;3

Ruthless Stalker

9,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Winds Of Insanity
Cruel Bind
Winds Of Insanity

most GCDers are insanely rich. Most gaians in general are. Spend a hundred dollars on this game and you'll be able to afford anything, honestly. Since a lot of Gaians are in HS they can afford to spend a few bucks on items.

For the rest of us we're forced into zOMG or booty-grab or playing our hand at the exchange.

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I know SDPlus Meili is still pretty expensive but I bought mine for under 1 million earlier, considering how high it usually is I think it's a good deal.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Nexialist

most GCDers are insanely rich. Most gaians in general are. Spend a hundred dollars on this game and you'll be able to afford anything, honestly. Since a lot of Gaians are in HS they can afford to spend a few bucks on items.

For the rest of us we're forced into zOMG or booty-grab or playing our hand at the exchange.

If you think 100k items are for the 'insanely rich,' your perspective is a bit off. I can make that in no time - just put a movie on and booty-grab while you watch it.

Anyway, I've never spent a cent on this game, but I'm not that poor. If you want Gaia Cash, use the offers. :L
If you don't, playing the market is easy. Just invest in some of the RIG items and resell them when the RIG goes.

Speaking of cheap backwings, Gift Box is 3k and has some nice ones, similar to the World Pack thing.

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
neonpastels

Speaking of cheap backwings, Gift Box is 3k and has some nice ones, similar to the World Pack thing.

Ooh, pair those with the Shell Collection horns and you've got yourself an imp-y avatar thing for like 10k. xD

Anyway, I just wanted to point out one of my favorite items ever:
FAUNZY'S FLUTE.
I was listing some of my extra ones when I saw they're going for about 30k now.
I know it's not the most matchable items, but consider this: when you equip it, Faunzy sends you a PM every 24 hours that gives you the chance to win an awesome pair of horns.
IT'S LIKE A RIG YOU CAN PLAY OVER AND OVER FOREVER emotion_awesome

High-functioning Detective

20,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Handske
neonpastels

Ooh, pair those with the Shell Collection horns and you've got yourself an imp-y avatar thing for like 10k. xD

Anyway, I just wanted to point out one of my favorite items ever:
FAUNZY'S FLUTE.
I was listing some of my extra ones when I saw they're going for about 30k now.
I know it's not the most matchable items, but consider this: when you equip it, Faunzy sends you a PM every 24 hours that gives you the chance to win an awesome pair of horns.
IT'S LIKE A RIG YOU CAN PLAY OVER AND OVER FOREVER emotion_awesome

Ace Fairy

Oeuf

Hnngh, might divert my current quest slightly, as long as these continue trending down. (The last time I looked, they were ten times that. mad )

Winds Of Insanity

Speaking as an 06er 100k still seems a lot to me. Just... I don't have to save for two months to get it, just three days to a week depending on how much I come on.
Yes, I play Booty Grab and sometimes zOMG. Sometimes I offer my graphic and artistic services for gold. Mostly I just have fun and get pretty pixels for that. Because, you know, Booty Grab and zOMG are games. Why shouldn't they be fun?

Yeah, if you can only get on Gaia for half an hour a week and you'd much rather spend that time posting to threads, then 100k is a lot. However, if the people you chat with deride you that much for having a 'poor' avi? You aren't talking to the right people. (Or perhaps, if you do care about the image you project, Gaia isn't the right place for you? There are countless other places that use icons instead of avatars that you dress up.)
That aside, with the vast array of Gold Shop items Gaia now has, you can have a decent (though admittedly simple; creating clutter with Gold Shop items and freebies is HARD) avatar for 20k. There are plenty of free tektek shops which you could ask if you don't have the skills to create one yourself.

All that being said, I do mentally grumble at anything that's not a rarer CI or EI and is over 250k. But this thread is subjective and your mileage may vary on an items worth. I don't get why people like the Determined Eyes so much and I certainly wouldn't pay the 3-5k they are now (especially since I got a pair from the event), but people do. For some items 100k is 'a lot' but considering their histories and the poses you get, it's a pretty sweet deal. The Mana Seed was one of the first REIs and has eyes, two full BG poses and two partial BG poses. It's 70k and has 15 poses total. If you do the math that actually does equal about 5k per pose.
And each pose, individually, of the Mana Seed is worth so much more to me than the Determined Eyes.

So yeah, this thread is FILLED with subjectivity.

Oh man was that a long reply. *hides*

Lavish Lunatic

Inexpensive is in the eye of the beholder.

There are no 'rules' as to which items qualify as inexpensive, so we post items here that are either inexpensive to the person posting it, or inexpensive compared to a price they had before.

Stellar Succubus

Winds Of Insanity
Cruel Bind
Winds Of Insanity

The point of this thread isn't to post "inexpensive things" It's about things that are so good that we can't believe they don't cost a whole lot more than they do.

There's a difference.

O.G. Gaian

6,675 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Pistolera can obtained for 80k-120k-ish.
A cool belt, a gunblade, and a revolver.
Perfect deal if you ask me.
Also, Napoleon of Crime has this badass cloak which I am currently adoring.
Infinity Rabbit
Pistolera can obtained for 80k-120k-ish.
A cool belt, a gunblade, and a revolver.
Perfect deal if you ask me.
Also, Napoleon of Crime has this badass cloak which I am currently adoring.

Also, these rather dapper shoes and trousers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff