Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
How can that item be that inexpensive for Magical Girls!

Hi everyone! Inspired by the recent release of the Sailor Moon inspired RIG, and the sudden influx of Magical Girl and Sailor Moon avatars I'm seeing around the site, I thought it might be fun to have a post dedicated exclusively to Sailor Moon and Magical girl-inspired avatars. So here's an edition of "How can that item be that inexpensive?" exclusively for Sailor Moon/Magical Girl avatars, and recommendations for coordinating with the new releases.

LUNA INSPIRED/PURPLE AND GOLD/DARK MAGICAL GIRL AVATARS

User Image Marital Pendant looks like a gorgeous, glowing touch and reference to Luna's yellow neck ribbon (in her human form). I highly recommend this for any Magical Girl looking to add a little gold touch. It's just like the Angelic pendant, only gold and a fraction of the price.

User Image Dark Omen contains a gorgeous long skirt with dark gloves that finishes off Luna cosplays beautifully. It's much less expensive than the black and white version, which is in the billions - this one has that purple-black color in it and is only around 500-600mil.

User Image Foul Omen is going for a similar price, and contains a navy and coppery gold version of this skirt. This coordinates beautifully with the navy-blue-purple-black tones in the recent Luna inspired hair, and is going for a similar price to the Dark Omen.

User Image Majokko Dorobo is currently around 700-800mil, and is amazing for purple, pink and gold magical girl avatars. It contains a wand, leg mods, a magical girl dress and top (complete with that signature stark white look) and bright pink pigtails if you're feeling very much the shoujo heroine.

User ImageUser Image The Astra: Lavender Glowing Forehead Star and Astra: Lavender Glowing Forehead Moon are Sailor Scout attire all over and both go for around 100mil.

User ImageUser Image Lunar Duchess contains many items in purple, white and yellow-gold, which is Luna's colorscheme all over - not to mention the name! Used creatively, I see this item working beautifully. The crescent moons just seem made for Sailor Moon's Universe.

User Image User Image User Image There are several ways you can go with a dark Sailor uniform, and HR Wesley still sells the basics. It doesn't cost much to get the base for any of the Sailor Moon school uniforms, and the price is stable!

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image There are several ways you can reference Luna's gold neck ribbon, and these are just a few gold shop choices that won't break the bank.

MOON PRINCESS/SAILOR MOON/CHIBI MOON AVATARS

User Image RIP Conan is only 100 gold for a Moon backdrop!

User Image User Image Nothing says Shoujo Anime like loads of sparkles, and Golden Sparkles are perfect for most Sailor Scout avatars! Secret Sparkles have several color options (purple and glowing blue), which is perfect for cooler-toned uniforms.

User Image Gaia's Token doesn't look very different from the Sailor Moon compact, and is FREE if you click that link! [If you've already claimed it or the link has expired, the Marketplace link is here]

User Image Lovely Lady Soldier Wasabi has inflated over the past couple of days thanks to the introduction of the recent RIG, but averages at around 600mil. It contains both Usagi/Serena's hairstyle and the Sailor Moon hairstyle, as well as heart heartclips and a heart locket. I'd highly recommend waiting until the Sailor Moon craze is over (So many people are spending Gaia Cash on the recent Sailor Moon RIG, which means that more people are investing in items to go with them), but if you have to have it, it's still currently under a billion.

User Image Dark Lady Soldier Sake is currently going for only around 500mil for perfect white Sailor Moon hair! It also contains a Sailor tiara and a white bow that matches those on the Sailor Senshi outfits.

User Image The White Serafuku Bow adds a feminine white touch to any white gown, as well as matching the Serafuku school uniforms.

User Image The Powdered Sugarplum puff sleeves not only sound similar to the recent Sailor Moon hairstyles, but add a nice extra touch to moonlight white gowns (especially the ones with silvery tones) for only 3k. Some sleeveless gowns can look a bit bare without gloves or sleeves to go with them, and this has that off the shoulder look several of Serena/Usagi and Rini/Chibi-usa's white gowns have.

User Image Princess Harmony contains a blue eye mod appropriate for some Magical Girl/Sailor Moon/Moon Princess avatars, as well as several white and gold items that can coordinate well with the all white and blonde look.

User Image Pastel Sweetie contains an adorable little outfit, a bag, wings and even yellow angel-like wings! I think that this pastel pink hair is actually quite a workable Chibi-usa hairstyle (though it is slightly peachy in tone), if you can't afford the more recent versions.

User Image Astra: V-Day 2k14 Lovestruck contains pink hearts, which can be useful for Moon Princess avatars.

User Image Astra: Printed Paper Airplanes might be fitting for the schoolgirl side of every Sailor Senshi.

User Image Duality Landscape was an item given out for free to every Demon in the recent Halloween 2k14 "Back in Time" Event. The blue Angelic Landscape is a nearly perfect imitation of the Palace on the Moon.

User Image Ania's Wedding Gown is the perfect base for many Moon Princess avatars, and goes for around 6mil. It's a gold shop item, so the price is at least consistent (Although HR Wesley recently increased their prices, unfortunately...)

User Image Her Illumination contains long sleeves, a dress and several lovely items that match the white in several of the recent Sailor Moon RIG's hairstyles. It's currently a little high, at 800mil but averages below 500mil, and I've seen some listings in that range quite recently.

User Image Heart of Gold pairs well with many Moon Princess/Sailor Moon avatars, as it matches some of the Moon Wands/scepters.

GENERAL SAILOR GIRL/SAILOR SENSHI/MAGICAL GIRL AVATARS

User Image Charming Majokko Dorobo, while it doesn't really fit the classic Sailor Moon aesthetic is a magical girl item, and one of the most inexpensive ones out there if you're willing to deal with the unusual shades of blue and pink in it. The item that might be the most useful for Sailor Senshi avatars are the clean white boots, that totally say "In the name of the Moon!"... or something.

User Image Cool Violinist's Soft Wavy Locks contains Sailor Neptune's hairstyle, and is one of the least expensive items in the recent Sailor Moon-inspired RIG, currently at around 600mil.

User Image Bellatrix's Energy contains an actual Sailor Scout-esque bow to pin on the front of your uniform. If you're a Magical girl that's incorporating teal/blue-green into your look, you're in luck!

User Image A New Phase contains a Japanese School uniform/Sailor Scout-esque uniform, and a cute hand mod that goes beautifully with the Navy Serafuku Uniforms available at HR Wesley. I see many of the poses in this item working well for magical girls, including the weak-at-the-knees leg mod, the school uniform, the "I hope senpai notices me!" thought bubble and the blushing expression. It goes for around 300mil, which is a steal for a leg and arm mod.

User ImageUser Image The Serafuku items are a godsend for anyone looking for a base for their magical girl outfit. Look up "serafuku" on the Marketplace, and you'll find the makings of just about every Sailor Scout's basic uniform, complete with bows and ties. Just remember to buy them from HR Wesley, and not from any Marketplace sellers - they tend to mark these items up. (I fell into that trap by accident recently and bought something for way more than I intended!)

User ImageUser Image No Sailor outfit is complete without a pair of long gloves, and Audrey's White Long Gloves are definitely the least expensive option. The black long gloves make an excellent finishing touch to any Luna cosplay avatars!

User ImageUser Image The Fabulous Aqua Shockqua Pumps are the actual high heels the Sailor Neptune avatars are wearing in some of the recent Guardian Styles Announcements. These pumps are actually a cheap Gold Shop item that modify/slim down the foot and come in a variety of sparkly colors. I see these being appropriate for several sailor scouts. The Ruby Red ones look like a pretty good match for Sailor Mars' pumps!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image The Astra: Blue Glowing Forehead items are generally quite inexpensive, all usually going for under 500mil. For any Sailor Scout cosplayer, I highly recommend you look up "Astra Forehead" on the Marketplace, and then sort by price. Many of these items are extremely Sailor Scout appropriate and not too expensive considering they actually glow.
        Vishkah How can that item be that inexpensive? Bargain bargains post.

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Here are some relatively cheap [Animal] items:

[Animal] Fluffy Ram-a-Lam: Cute pale blue ram item that comes with skin, top with bow, chuu face, and shepherd's crook. Several listings under 600mil.

[Animal] Sweet Sheepy Sheep: A pink sheep skin, fluffy top, smiling face with eyelashes, and pink bonnet. A couple listings under 600mil.

[Animal] Prefurable Furmilliar Comfurt: A species-neutral (no skins) pink and brown item. Comes with a sweater, glasses, big brown eyes, bow for your head, and a tuft of pink bangs. Currently under 20mil.

[Animal] Glittering Neighbor: A blue unicorn skin, dark blue wig, golden horn, sassy navy arm mod, closed eyes with navy eyeshadow, and a navy top with stars on it. Under 100mil.

[Animal] Matsuri Specialties: A bunch of handheld items typically found at a Japanese festival. Hint hint, the firework pose is going to be super handy at New Year's. Around 165mil.

[Animal] Miraculous Myatama and [Animal] Mysterious Myotan: Blue and purple sets respectively. Species neutral, but includes a tail that resembles Mew from Pokemon. Each includes a wig, bow for your head, eyes with defined eyelashes, frilly short top, poofy skirt, an arm-mod and a leg-mod. Blue is available for under 200mil and purple is available for under 300mil.

[Animal] October Witch: Now that Halloween is over, orange items are dropping so pick up this gem while you can. Species neutral. Includes a brown wig, black and orange coat, dress, shoes, arm mod carrying a pumpkin, bored looking face, and witch's hat. Under 200mil.

[Animal] Dashing Sarabande: Species and gender neutral. Snazzy dark red leg mod, sneaky eyes, wig, vest with white cravat, and jacket/arm-mod. Under 200mil.

[Animal] Vic's Creation: Another orange gem. Includes Frankenstein inspired face scars, eye+mouth face mod, long spiky wig, two different leg mods, a sweater tied around your waist, and an open shirt. Under 200mil.

[Animal] Doufu Hua: All the items from the original for under 400mil. Includes a cream and light brown wig, sweater, glasses, scarf, and clutter necklace.

EDIT: How could I forget one of my favorite items, [Animal] Strategic Moneylender?! Several listings under 1.5mil, goes really well with brown and orange skins. Technically species neutral, but comes with a striped racoon tail in reference to the tanuki shop character from Animal Crossing.

Pommes Frites's Compadre

Cluttered Codger

44,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
User Image Frit's Loop has been steadily going down and is now at 300M LMP.

User Image Jade Grandmaster's listings are all under ABP, with LMP at 500M.

User Image Five different styles of feminine shoes that aren't pastel? Yes! With several listings 200M and under~

User Image Vibrant red hat, at max price of 20k-- yes, 20 THOUSAND. Also comes with plumber's utility belt.

mahelchan's Wife

Romantic Cutie-Pie

25,525 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
the zomg items are dropping in price like crazy check the item list

Back Alley Grab Bag
Cheap Short Hair:
User Image
Cool Kaden Hair
Lowest Buy Now Price: 34,998,998 gold
Average Buy Price: 72,548,800 gold
User Image
Cool Roger B Hair
Lowest Buy Now Price: 60,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 76,349,500 gold
User Image
Cool Aiden Hair
Lowest Buy Now Price: 68,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 66,565,200 gold
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Vicki Victor Hair
Lowest Buy Now Price: 300,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 434,480,000 gold

Other Cheap Items
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Overlord's Wrath
Lowest Buy Now Price: 125,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 263,120,000 gold
Clockwork Headmaster
Lowest Buy Now Price: 149,999,999 gold
Average Buy Price: 168,430,000 gold
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Arbiter of the Slain
Lowest Buy Now Price: 200,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 320,606,000 gold
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Stella Leporidae
Lowest Buy Now Price: 210,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 213,768,000 gold
Loyal Cardinal
Lowest Buy Now Price: 250,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 245,730,000 gold
Five Star Hacker
Lowest Buy Now Price: 308,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 311,299,000 gold
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Jada the Unicorn
Lowest Buy Now Price: 350,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 431,175,000 gold
Ebony Feathertouched
Lowest Buy Now Price: 375,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 372,980,000 gold
Cupcake Cutie
Lowest Buy Now Price: 375,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 422,584,000 gold
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
The Frozen Ringmaster
Lowest Buy Now Price: 450,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 487,738,000 gold
The Dark Ringmaster
Lowest Buy Now Price: 450,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 642,081,000 gold

Devoted Seeker

22,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
User Image Currently 200 million(!), Cassiopeia's Vanity is great for fans of white and pink. Includes a holdable mirror, crown, skimpy top, long skirt, eyes, and one of the nicest long hairstyles on the market today.

User Image Brown and eggplant purple are the main colors of Vulturine Gentleman. Includes a large top hat, cane, long coat, and leg mod pants. Currently 150 million, with a second listing at 180 million.

User Image Tink's Jealousy is predominantly yellow with some gray and brown. Includes a necklace, pants, coat, shoes, and a checkered tubetop. Currently 245 million.

User Image Another for the guys out there, Leporine Warrior is monochrome with a dash of light blue for contrast. Includes headphones, hair, long gloves, a shirt, shorts, and shoes. Currently 200 million.

Shoujo Creature

31,175 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
User Image - Tucked Arms

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
There are to many for me to list... i have hundreds of low priced items in my invo i like to use, i much prefer them over the really expensive stuff, i have quiet a few in the 20bill to 80bill price and 3 or four that are over 100bill. For now the only really high priced item i want is Chewster.

Unstoppable Lover

Leizce
I think there's just too many items released each month for the users to keep up. I only recognized Nautilus and Gogh reed from your list. gonk
People are easily distracted by the new shinies that...older items are forgotten and hence drop in price.

The latest item I really liked is the zodiacal, but it's not something I'd consider far fetched.^^

The plus side to having many items is that no 3 avis (ha 3) are never exactly the same unless some ones putting in the effort to make it so. Less items = carbon copies galore, but that's just my 2 cents
TarantuIa
Any cheap black legmods/heels, guys? I've been having trouble looking for some ;0;

Gold Shop:
User Image
Fabulous Black Venom Pumps
Gambino Outfitters
Store Price: 5,700 gold
User Image
Coal Black Rivet Heels
H.R. Wesley
Store Price: 360,000 gold
User Image
Audrey's Black Ankle Strap Heels
H.R. Wesley
Store Price: 114,000 gold

Marketplace

Rattyhood
Lowest Buy Now Price: 195,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 151,858,000 gold

Invariable Archer
Lowest Buy Now Price: 370,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 270,084,000 gold

HoC: Vicious Dragoneye Savant
Lowest Buy Now Price: 420,500,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 610,674,000 gold

Le Pavot Rose
Lowest Buy Now Price: 625,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 672,689,000 gold

Legend of Scathach
Lowest Buy Now Price: 700,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 987,394,000 gold

Belletristic Beauty
Lowest Buy Now Price: 700,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 788,252,000 gold

Gilt Thorns
Lowest Buy Now Price: 760,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 719,215,000 gold

Duke of Hearts
Lowest Buy Now Price: 1,600,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 1,068,650,000 gold

~Unrelated Cheap Thing~
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Dame de l'Opera
Lowest Buy Now Price: 500,000,000 gold
Average Buy Price: 1,137,770,000 gold

Enduring Regular

10,675 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Heyy everyone, I've been having a purple dilmea at the minute, can anyone help with items to match alleycat allure?

mahelchan's Wife

Romantic Cutie-Pie

25,525 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
hootyowl
Heyy everyone, I've been having a purple dilmea at the minute, can anyone help with items to match alleycat allure?

i guess you mean mainly the hair
since the rest with its more pink black colors is easy to fit

Forlorn Opera Singer
320m

the whole wine gothic bat line buyabel at durem depot

Toxic Student A 900m

Invariable Archer 350m

Lavender Plaid Academy Skirt 9k

well a load of black items work very great too
hootyowl

Gold Shop Stuff:

User Image
Purple Nitemare Scarf
Loyal's Bazaar
Store Price: 8,000,000 gold
Purple Chyaku Norisu Scarf
Loyal's Bazaar
Store Price: 50,000,000 gold

Marketplace:
Spring 2014 Men's Collection