Welcome to Gaia! ::

I understand that hour slots are there for the encouragement of item buying but I wish everything was out for a least 1 day or half of one, with random times most people are working or sleeping around the world. And with the more expensive items example archangel wings. I need more than 1 hour to consider throwing $300 away its a big decision.

Anyone else share these thoughts? Or like it?

Would you be tempted to buy more items if you had more time to decide?

Or does those hour slots encourage you to buy more incase you miss out?

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hour slots are fine when they're clearly announced, so you can think ahead of time and try to be online when it happens

It's the secret ones that are annoying... because you don't expect them and you have to make a quick decision and may end up having buyer's remorse. Not to mention those who miss something they already know they would have bought if given the chance.

Astral Dreamer

I try not to pay attention to what sale is on at what hour, because then I would almost do something follish like throw away 50$ on an item I don't even need. Hour slots make me impulsive. I've always had that mentality of "miKE GET IT NOW OR YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN".

Trash

User Image
I like that we get a schedule of what items will be available when, and that the items on different days are at different times (like one item is up for a few days, at different hours each day). I know it can be frustrating for those who work, or those in different time zones, but typically during the holidays most people have a day off here or there, and can plan their spending accordingly.

If you really want to make sure you get an item that might be up when you're sleeping, you can always set your alarm so you'll wake up, purchase the item, and go back to bed.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I suppose I'm the opposite. If it's only out for an hour, then I can just avoid the site so I won't cave in and waste my money, haha.

Demonic Punk

I'd like the whole schedule system, if they stuck to it.
Rosamund's Passion just popped up, and yet blade of the night sky was removed and replaced with Loathing Style.

Either one item is one hour late or two are one houre early with their disappearing and appearing

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Doesn't matter. They'll probably re-release it anyway.
x T e n s h i - K i s u x
I need more than 1 hour to consider throwing $300 away its a big decision.

I don't. It didn't take more than a split-second to decide not to.

NB They announced the schedule days ago. Gives you quite a bit of time to decide what you want to buy, if you really want to.
Sure, the time limit is annoying for anyone who has other things to do than hang out on Gaia,
but decision-wise I think we've got enough time.

Stellar Succubus

Yeah. I'd actually pay and buy the butterfly jab, but I have school during that timeslot.

I preferred it when there were repeats at different times. smile

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
The whole, "I need an hour to decide about throwing away 300$" makes me chuckle. Do you literally not think about it up until that hour? I'm sure you do, but it made me think that. I already knew yesterday what I was or wasn't buying on that list and it sure isn't anything above 15$ if anything at all...
Ninja Katze
The whole, "I need an hour to decide about throwing away 300$" makes me chuckle. Do you literally not think about it up until that hour? I'm sure you do, but it made me think that. I already knew yesterday what I was or wasn't buying on that list and it sure isn't anything above 15$ if anything at all...

it was merely an example for those items that are a surprise such as the "archangel wings" they were not on the schedule. Just an example gonk i would not have known of their release. Not that id ever pay $300 for a pixel but best example I seen.

Other items on the schedule of course I could pre-plan. But was mainly towards those unplanned ? question marked areas on the schedule.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

On one hand, I like the schedule better than the random flash sales, because at least we mostly know what will be sold when (except for issues when items don't show up at the correct time in the shop or for those dratted and mysterious question marks that we can't budget for because we don't know what they are or how much we'll want them). On the other hand, I agree with the OP that these short time slots scattered randomly over several days (if they are repeated at all) are highly inconvenient for those of us with work/school/family obligations. I have been and will be spending time without internet with my family and volunteering at a theatre production over the weekend. I like some of the items that will be on sale during those times, and Gaia might have gotten some money from me if I were able to be online during those times or if they had extended the sale of those items, but that's not how this sale works. I'm mostly indifferent about it.

Because their schedule hurts my eyes, I'd really almost rather have all of the items on sale all of the days so that I didn't have to worry about when to log in or whether to avoid buying anything else in case I want a "mystery" item. I suspect they have such a random schedule to ensure rarity (if their prices don't do that job for them...) and to keep people logging in a lot as well as to encourage impulse buying.

Original Pumpkin

Only thing I don't like it the midnight slots.
Because for me 12am Gaia time is 3 am for me.
And I have to be up at 6am everyday.
So I always have to miss those slots.
gaia_crown gaia_diamond gaia_crown

Original Pumpkin

Ninja Katze

If you really read that this time you would see she said she needs more then an hour to decide if she wants to buy an item for 300 dollars. And because you can only see the poses/colours after the item is put up in the shop or found in the MP it really does take until its in the shop to see if you really want it.

Because I wanted Potw before I saw the poses/colours with my style of avatars.
gaia_crown gaia_diamond gaia_crown
I can definitely see this problem with the brand new items that they don't release until the day of. If Gaia were smart, they would provide a try on ability before the sale to get people really jazzed for it. Instead they just post it up for an hour, and wonder why after 2 days in the shop, a mere 40 (which is even high in my opinion) have sold for some of these "limited" new ones.

As far as the other items, my only other possible problem is that I have meetings during the day at work, so if I have an hour long meeting, I won't be able to buy it. Not that there's much to buy anyway, but still.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff