Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Mage

13,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Oisin's Blessing. These are by far, the most beautiful eyes gaia has ever released (in my opinion of course). Sure there are other eyes that are blue and red, but none of the shape or spacing. I am questing for it right now actually :]
OH GOD, I wish I had searched for substitiutes before buying all those expensive items D;
Usually I don't have gold to buy the one I covet. Thus I have no choice but to search for substitute. Sometimes it ends up better looking sometimes not. Sometimes there's no choice but to look for a substitute to a substitute because it still is expensive emotion_donotwant
And irreplaceableness , such thing doesn't truly exist. The question is to what degree similarity of items is accepted to be a substitute.

Hesitant Mystic

Butterfly's Lament is the item I lust after.
It's just for those shoes, really. And I haven't found a proper substitution yet, some shoes come close, but they're never quite the same. ;_;

Forever dreaming of an inexpensive recolor emotion_kirakira

dancing_ice's Fangirl

I caved in and bought majoko's eyes. It's really a hefty price for just the eyes but I couldn't find a suitable substitute that could satisfy me. gonk

Dainty Doll

Lovely Lucie. But it seems that the more I want it, the higher it rises in price. So I've pretty much given up on it. emo

The obvious substitution is, of course, Little Lucie. While I do love Little Lucie, the colours just aren't as well-suited to my avatar style as its expensive recolour.

Kawaii Lunatic

The only fairly expensive item I really want would be Onei the Dark Unicorn because unicorn!
And it isn't even that expensive.
I haven't found a decent substitute either.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

There are certain items I could substitute for some of the more expensive ones. But one I'll never be able to substitute is Cherubic Queen Of Solair. I want that hair so bad it's not even funny. But now it's the price of backwings and that hope is forever dashed. emo

Tiny Shapeshifter

Substitutes are easy when it comes to clothing, accessories, and the like, but when it comes to item mods (which includes hair, face, bangs, etc), it's something I can't really find a substitute for. I either get them, or I don't, and it's not going to kill me if I don't have them since I never really thought of a use for them yet (so this line of thinking goes both ways for originals and substitute items). My shopping list is often about collecting items in general, just to quence a bit of boredom on this site. xD

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Lapsis Stella
There are certain items I could substitute for some of the more expensive ones. But one I'll never be able to substitute is Cherubic Queen Of Solair. I want that hair so bad it's not even funny. But now it's the price of backwings and that hope is forever dashed. emo

Hope that they release a CI that generates the past CI that it was in... It's the only way I can see them re-releasing that thing, unless it's some recolor, but I want the white hair, not a cream, brown, black, or some kind of ridiculous color. It's ridiculous how expensive it is. I'd love to have that flowing white hair, and bunny brigade is neither flowing or white, it's a strange blue-ish white color, but the only thing that might even be close to a substitution. I can't even use it too much, since it's so overbearing at the top of my avatar... I dunno why I even dream of that hair, the recolor would be like 25 mill or more and my attention span gives in way before I collect that much gold...

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Ninja Katze
Lapsis Stella

Hope that they release a CI that generates the past CI that it was in... It's the only way I can see them re-releasing that thing, unless it's some recolor, but I want the white hair, not a cream, brown, black, or some kind of ridiculous color. It's ridiculous how expensive it is. I'd love to have that flowing white hair, and bunny brigade is neither flowing or white, it's a strange blue-ish white color, but the only thing that might even be close to a substitution. I can't even use it too much, since it's so overbearing at the top of my avatar... I dunno why I even dream of that hair, the recolor would be like 25 mill or more and my attention span gives in way before I collect that much gold...

They had another CI that was part of the Revolution series this past December. It was dropped I think, but not like a lot. So I'm just giving up on it because there's no way that I could afford unless I spent a crap ton on GC. And there's no way I'm doing that. So I'm just gonna dream or be disappointed.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Lapsis Stella
Ninja Katze
Lapsis Stella

They had another CI that was part of the Revolution series this past December. It was dropped I think, but not like a lot. So I'm just giving up on it because there's no way that I could afford unless I spent a crap ton on GC. And there's no way I'm doing that. So I'm just gonna dream or be disappointed.

It would be nice for them to actually come up with a substitute, or something...
Come on Gaia, release a Dark Reflection version of the Revolution series... but for some reason keep the hair white. Ideally, for my own selfish reasoning, I'd love it to be a light grayish blue or dark navy blue color, since that's the hair color is for my main avatar I wear. Just re-release it somehow... They sure can be stingy sometimes...

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Legmods that I like are really hard to find substitutions for, since I tend to be attracted to their unique silhouette and unless it's a recolor the shape won't be perfect.

Like, Skylar The Awesome has one of my favorite legmods of all time but it's too expensive for me. They aren't gonna make legs THAT twiggy and awkward again. And all other legmods that are sorta like Skylar are still not in the bright red/yellow, and they don't have the cute awkward bend in the knees or they're not on the right plane.

Faded Revenant is another one that I really love, but it's too expensive. Though I have more faith that there will someday be a suitable substitution for it because it's much more popular. There's already another pose which mirrors the shape of the feet pretty well in Sparkleplum Dreams, but there's a giant cream bow on them, they're purple and they only go up to the knee.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
The only expensive item I have a burning desire for is the Saint Ciel Agape for the scissors pose. There is no substitution for that and I don't even like the rest of the item, so I'll probably never actually get one, just stay irked at how expensive it is.

Thieving Lunatic

Rosamund's Redemption actually had the opposite effect on me--I had no desire to spend the gold necessary to get Kanoko's eyes, so I resigned myself to a life without beautiful brown eyes.

Now Rosamund's Redemption is out, and it's going to be within my general price range, so it goes on my "To Buy" list, regardless of the fact that I'm fast running out of gold and can't actually afford it right now.

petit faon's Bestie

Anxious Bookworm

User Imagepeppermint+chocolate=bliss

Hm, I can't find the "lovely brown eyes" in Rosamund's Revenge nor Rosamund's Redemption (they are red).
sweatdrop

Anyway...

The only expensive item I want but can't afford at the moment is Sweet Streets Rina.
There is yet to be released a similar hair color that could replace it. T^T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces