Welcome to Gaia! ::

Right. So we've got the town of Aekea now, right? And it has yet to have a plot related to it, right? And it has robots, right?

Someone pointed out to me that the admins, or someone, anyway, has registered the username "robotech(number)" for about five pages of memberlist. All are the basic male avatar, with no changes (Flame hairstyle, gray eyes, no clothes...) and no posts. Most were created on the same day. Search for "robotech*" and see for yourself.

It makes perfect sense to conclude that the admins are planning something with these robotechs.

Now, let's see here: Aekea has robots. Gambino had labtechs. Labtech + robot = robotech. G-Corp was doing stuff trying to revive the dead, but created zombies by accident. Robots can't become zombies, so they'd naturally make very good replacement labtechs if someone were to work on dead-revival experiments.

There are two roads that this theory of mine may take:

Option one: Gino survived, but Johnny K. didn't.
Gino has lost a father. Doubtless he knows of the Secret Underground Test Facility and what went on there. Gino, being the good soul he is, might possibly want to revive his father, to try and change him for the better. Gino joins forces with Liam, who is a known robot-builder, to create the robotechs and rebuild G-Corp again, this time with truly selfless aims. The labtechs are robots this time, to prevent zombification.

Option two: Johnny K. survived.
Whether or not Gino is alive, if Johnny lived through falling off the tower he's going to want to build up G-Corp again. Realizing that the reason he list his first mansion was because of the zombie incident, he gets Liam to build robotechs for him. If Gino is dead, he has even more incentive.

Either way, something is going to happen with the robotechs, and these ideas seem likely to me.
you havent considered for a second that the name robotech is an anime and that the gaia admins wouldnt possibly use a name that would infringe upon copywrites etc.

this has already been discussed before, and i hope you didnt start the last post.
Hm... interesting.
Lucca Ashtear
Right. So we've got the town of Aekea now, right? And it has yet to have a plot related to it, right? And it has robots, right?

Someone pointed out to me that the admins, or someone, anyway, has registered the username "robotech(number)" for about five pages of memberlist. All are the basic male avatar, with no changes (Flame hairstyle, gray eyes, no clothes...) and no posts. Most were created on the same day. Search for "robotech*" and see for yourself.

It makes perfect sense to conclude that the admins are planning something with these robotechs.

Now, let's see here: Aekea has robots. Gambino had labtechs. Labtech + robot = robotech. G-Corp was doing stuff trying to revive the dead, but created zombies by accident. Robots can't become zombies, so they'd naturally make very good replacement labtechs if someone were to work on dead-revival experiments.

There are two roads that this theory of mine may take:

Option one: Gino survived, but Johnny K. didn't.
Gino has lost a father. Doubtless he knows of the Secret Underground Test Facility and what went on there. Gino, being the good soul he is, might possibly want to revive his father, to try and change him for the better. Gino joins forces with Liam, who is a known robot-builder, to create the robotechs and rebuild G-Corp again, this time with truly selfless aims. The labtechs are robots this time, to prevent zombification.

Option two: Johnny K. survived.
Whether or not Gino is alive, if Johnny lived through falling off the tower he's going to want to build up G-Corp again. Realizing that the reason he list his first mansion was because of the zombie incident, he gets Liam to build robotechs for him. If Gino is dead, he has even more incentive.

Either way, something is going to happen with the robotechs, and these ideas seem likely to me.
I like it
fratersang
you havent considered for a second that the name robotech is an anime and that the gaia admins wouldnt possibly use a name that would infringe upon copywrites etc.

this has already been discussed before, and i hope you didnt start the last post.

I didn't start the last one.

Robotech may be the name of an anime, but if Gaia were worried about copyright infringement... well, what user would register that many accounts with the same name?
=o

*Posting just because she can* Lets hope Gino survived.
Lucca Ashtear
fratersang

I didn't start the last one.

Robotech may be the name of an anime, but if Gaia were worried about copyright infringement... well, what user would register that many accounts with the same name?

mules perhaps?
Those users were created in 2003, though confused

Noob

Just because Robotech is the name of an anime doesn't mean you flat-out can't use it. There isn't some sort of universal copyright over that name, y'know.
My question:

If it was the admins making the Robotechs, why didn't they all get created in the same day?

Eloquent Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
I'm glad you read the robotech speculation thread, really. It's a solid theory, and you've made some good additions to it. But we can probably keep this discussion in there. Just go there and introduce your new theories, which are very solid.

That goes for everyone else interested in this topic. Come to this url to discuss the robotech phenomenon: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6674143
AGAIN: Those users were created in '03

Eloquent Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
Baka na Usagi
AGAIN: Those users were created in '03
Many of the NPCs have been created years in advance. Liam was also created back in '03, and others follow the same trend. Liam was only introduced two months ago, though.
Interesting theory. I'll have to add that to my list of possible theories to ponder over. @_@;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff