Pompetti 1 100.0% [ 76 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
If it was that big, I would absolutely flaunt my status and riches. Rub it in their faces all the time. "Oh, sorry, you weren't able to buy last month's donation items? I bought five." 4laugh

Yes, I am a complete whore.
I'd abandoned the account I was using for the most part and create a new one that has the profile totally blocked from everyone else. Sorry but my real life does not mingle with my Gaian one only because there are things here that I have no intention of my family or friends knowing; I am more open to complete strangers then I am to the vast majority of my family. Hell, if my mother knew half the things I told people I knew online she'd have a heart attack five times over.

Seriously, this account and all six mules would have stuff sent over to an account used and seven more would be created before stuff would be sent over to them. I'm too protective of my online persona to really have my family and friends be all up in my face about it.
Gaia doesnt revolve around my life, luckly.

But damn, that dude that makes you pay 5k just so he wont beat you up, thats pretty pathetic. A big guy picking on a girl for pixels talk2hand

You should kick him between the legs D<
Bebbo
I'd be really happy if everyone around me was on Gaia. It'd be something new to relate to with everyone wink

I wouldn't have to worry about bullies because I'm in University. They don't exist. Besides, I could repay my debts through Gaia gold and not spend a real penny~

ninja

Of course if everyone was on Gaia then I'd have more motivation to stop going on. I have a tendency to fall out of things once they go mainstream. domokun

Ah, how I envy you so. To enjoy such freedom and life, must be wonderful. ~

I wouldn't want to seem like a sheep either. However, I can't help but wonder if the BS would come out sooner if a LOT more people complained about it. wink

@Sirius: If I had no gold, then Billy beat me up. crying
I make gold for the sole purpose of not getting beaten up. sad

@`Osiris: Indeed. Depends on where you live I guess. Do you have bullies and invading teachers in your school?

@chibi hyde 666: I would agree, but it's too late for me.
You lost me at the bit about Billy. xD Noone ever has a teacher named Sternhardt.. Although I did have a hell of a sub named Sternberger, swear to God.

I don't think that Gaia will ever attain that level of influence, even hypothetically. If anything, it would become another Myspace, descending into a mash of falsehoods and popularity contests, with the occasional bad press from a ***** bust related to it. Since Gaia has the most appeal for a limited age range, it won't tend to affect a whole community in such a solid way as that scenario. It's not organized enough - and too anonymous - for a teacher to effectively spy on their kids.. and even then, it probably wouldn't be worth their time.

Doting Darling

Pompetti

I had to read your first sentence several times because I got confused. sweatdrop

But is it? I dunno, I only introduced one perspective. What do you think will happen given with your experience with your community?

In my experience only man-children, like meself, care enough about Gaia to bother being dishonest about it.

And honestly, most Gaians are nerds. Nerds like having the 'right answer', and for most of them, that doesn't leave time for popularity contests- or for skulduggery. They're busy getting their word out.
Pompetti
Bebbo
I'd be really happy if everyone around me was on Gaia. It'd be something new to relate to with everyone wink

I wouldn't have to worry about bullies because I'm in University. They don't exist. Besides, I could repay my debts through Gaia gold and not spend a real penny~

ninja

Of course if everyone was on Gaia then I'd have more motivation to stop going on. I have a tendency to fall out of things once they go mainstream. domokun

I wouldn't want to seem like a sheep either. However, I can't help but wonder if the BS would come out sooner if a LOT more people complained about it. wink

@`Osiris: Indeed. Depends on where you live I guess. Do you have bullies and invading teachers in your school?

I believe there is a petition to sign! whee
L3ss Than Three
[lllllllll]

<3

If I was you (fictional you) I would murder billy bully and take all his gold and laugh while chewing on his bloody skin.

eek I don't think I could do that. I think I can definitely get in trouble for doing that. sweatdrop

@LokiLB: You're full of much wisdom, but I'm afraid I'm just too scared and too slow to take such risks.
You provide a good second point. But what if Gaia becomes so popular that people at college would go out just to do Gaia all day in the computer lab. O:

@AGCourtney: Good luck to you then. But wouldn't that make you a bigger target for the kids at your school? sweatdrop

Sorry everyone, I can't reply to your posts because I have to leave now. I should finish my homework before Mr. Sternhardt catches me. sweatdrop

5,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Pompetti
Bebbo

ninja

.:[I Came, I Polled, I Posted]:.

Nope, and i'd love to say thats its great and all that. But it does lead to very boring schooldays and all that. BUT still bullying is still bad evil

and I will have to go with some of the others, I would probably flaunt my riches etc. And possibly hire some people to protect myself from said bullies, if there were any. Although the number of begging attempts would go through the roof sweatdrop

It kind of is a little popular where I am.
But at the same time, it's not. xD A dozen people I know use it, but not a ton.
Some people I HATE are on here. Lovely, but, if harrassment ever does come to me on gaia, I'll just report them and change my accounts.

x3 Hee. And they'll never be able to find me.
its really popular where i am

all my friends go on it

we use this instead of myspace

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
You know there was a period of time when I shared a computer with my sister. I did live in fear for my gold (actually at that time I didn't have much gold, but more neopoints, still virtual money) every time after we got into a fight, or everytime my sister's itchy fingers decide to log on my chat accounts and chat with my friends!!!!

Since then, I've been lucky enough to have my own computer now and I lock it inside my room to make sure its safe.
Ahh, I tend to not mention gaia in "real life", aside from my sister none of my tangible friends know I've got an account. I really hope Gaia never goes that mainstream.

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
lol @ tiny text XD

Anyways, i've already accepted the fact that one day or another i would eventually lose my Gaia account... be it an ultra-sneaky spybot... or someone on the same IP did something stupid *coughlikemybrocough*... or Gaia just died *knocks on wood*... or something.

I know i would never leave Gaia... but my pixellated items are no longer the objects of my fixations.
I take care to keep my Gaia life separate from my real one. My friends and family know that I have an account, but they don't know what I do or say on it, which is the way I like it. If people started stalking me and figuring out what I did on here, I might leave. I'd hate to know people are stalking me online because they want to know what I do at night. X.x;;

But I really highly doubt I'll be on Gaia this much for much longer. In the future, I have plans to get married and have a fulltime job and kids... Gaia just doesn't fit in there. By the time Gaia gets that popular [if it ever does] I probably won't be coming on here that often anymore. -shrug-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff