Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Lightbringer

Back when the Red Rose Corsage came out, male avatars couldn't wear them. So why is your male 10th anniversary mascot wearing one? Bit of revisionist history, eh?

Rare

????

I don't see how this is being "revisionist history" or any cause for offense at all, seeing as both bases can now wear the item.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

really?? I didn't knew that =O

is still only for females or is unisex now?

Eternal Lightbringer

Tsukita-chan

It's Unisex now. It's just that they are trying to be all nostalgic, and that really stands out to me.

Invisible Officer

13,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Immortal Prince
Tsukita-chan

It's Unisex now. It's just that they are trying to be all nostalgic, and that really stands out to me.

Back then the limited a TON of items to male/female.

Buggy Punk

I would think it's to demonstrate that the item can be equipped by either base, not them trying to whitewash history. Jesus.
Sir Black Tea
????

I don't see how this is being "revisionist history" or any cause for offense at all, seeing as both bases can now wear the item.
That would perhaps be a valid point if it weren't for the whole 'these looks were hot back in the day' bit. Gaia is explicitly saying that 'back in the day' (presumably mid 04 if I'm not mistaken?) avatars wore the outfits seen in the 10th anniversary Gaia-tans.

It isn't cause for offense but it IS an error and/or attempt at revisionist history on Gaia's part. It certainly is NOT sexism though.

Stellar Succubus

Given that a corsage is meant to be worn on the wrist or clothes of a woman, and a boutonniere is worn on the lapel of a man... he ain't wearing a corsage. He's wearing a boutonniere.

Adored Sweetheart

I guess some people just like to look for reasons to be offended... :/
People are just looking for anything to complain about.

Playful Kitten

Except that male mascot didn't exist back then anyways, so it's not a revision.

And I think it looks wonderful together. The outfit would've been too boring without the little splash of color. <3

Cygnus Fangirl

User Image

i am sincerely hoping this thread is a parody
please tell me it is

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Oh wow, I didn't know I logged onto Tumblr.

Lonely Nerd

Dead Hellraiser

the_true_iori
Sir Black Tea
????

That would perhaps be a valid point if it weren't for the whole 'these looks were hot back in the day' bit. Gaia is explicitly saying that 'back in the day' (presumably mid 04 if I'm not mistaken?) avatars wore the outfits seen in the 10th anniversary Gaia-tans.

It isn't cause for offense but it IS an error and/or attempt at revisionist history on Gaia's part. It certainly is NOT sexism though.
It's late '05 at earliest, there's a coco on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff