Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

Ah, good old 2007, the year Gaia went all out to build excitement for their Halloween event. The year of the movie we'd love to forget. The year they had us help the poor orphans of Gaia. The year the Cash Shop was born. The year of the water wars, the hundred thousand accounts online at once challenge, the sniper, the film festival, sponsorships, the quest system, the marketplace tax, three monthly collectables, and the Virtual Lounge.

What, you don't remember the Virtual Lounge? You don't remember the complaining people did here in the GCD about having to sign up on another site just to get items? You don't remember going into a night club and then to the parking lot in order to shake and bump things just to fill up a bar to earn some headphones, a music player, a helmet, and a mobile phone? I didn't forget about the Virtual Lounge, which was Gaia's first attempt at connecting themselves to an outside site. I did, however, forget about the year in which that all began to take place. With so much that went on in 2007 the Virtual Lounge over on Bebo, which was announced in December of that year, can be considered that forgotten feature and event of the year. And while we all force ourselves to forget about the animated plot we have no trouble forgetting about the Virtual Lounge and how it let us bring Gaia, through the widget, to the members of Bebo.

So how many of you remember the Virtual Lounge and the GO items we got from it? Who still has all of their GO items and do you still use them if you do? Is the Virtual Lounge really that forgotten feature of 2007?

Professional Novice

User Image
I actually think of that widget often. xD
Wasn't it originally called "OMG" something or other? Back then Gaia named everything "OMG" or some derivative thereof.

Dapper Genius

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
I somehow missed it entirely, like the dunce I am.

kuma's Problem

Generous Bunny

Ohboy I wanted the GO items so badly lol I had just started in 06 and i was emerging from my noob state in 07

Magic Hobo

I remember that s**t. I never could get the Bebo widget to work, even on my then-brandspankinnew laptop, so I ended up buying the item grants off the MP. That was kind of irritating.

Ayup, still got my go headphones. Missed the bike helmet, although at the time there were not actually any bikes on Gaia, so I never saw the point...

Shapeshifter

id rather forget the movie before the lounge and go items I tosssed mine in the boo and sin christmas event. 07 had just as many good as bad things going for it on gaia. Hope they NEVER EVER make another movie again please gaia do not.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I remember the lounge xD
I have/had most of the items from it uvu

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image
User Image
emotion_bigheart Ewwww, nooooo..

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
i still have those items actually, haven't worn them in years. i still get bebo emails on one of my accounts even though i never go to that site.

Tipsy Lunatic

GO Phones still go for 100k+ in the MP. They're really a pretty good item. I tend to use them for the musical notes.

Intergalactic Sweetheart

I have actually forgotten about it. I think it was because I didn't use it and spent most of that year at my favorite hangout thread.

Cluttered Kitten

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Sir Twitty
Ohboy I wanted the GO items so badly lol I had just started in 06 and i was emerging from my noob state in 07
User Image
I had wanted them when I first joined, too. I thought they were so cool at the time...

Time-traveling Senshi

Tezca Frost
id rather forget the movie before the lounge and go items I tosssed mine in the boo and sin christmas event. 07 had just as many good as bad things going for it on gaia. Hope they NEVER EVER make another movie again please gaia do not.

The movie is the one thing people want to forget and rightly so. The Virtual Lounge is that feature that people tend to forget or don't talk about much anymore because it's been so long since that feature was in the forefront of Gaian consciousness. The Lounge was a fun place to hang out with your buddies on Gaia while earning some fun items.

The Drunken Jester

Yeah the GO Phones are a great addition to any avatar using any type of instrument or headphones. A lot of people wanted at least two pairs of those because of the musical notes and the sound vibrations.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          I just recently sold my GO Phones. They're still some of the best headphones on the site, though. 2007 was one of my favorite years on Gaia (partially because I made my first million in December 2006), so many great things...and not so great things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff