Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Smoker

8,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
What about Gaia Cinemas

Enduring Hero

I will never forget the Virtual Lounge. Namely because if it wasn't for the Virtual Lounge on Bebo, I wouldn't be here. It was through that feature that I discovered Gaia and joined the site back in 2008.

Time-traveling Senshi

Yecartt
Wow really? I need to explore Bebo and check out the other games they've nabbed from Facebook xd . I wouldn't have expected to see Monster Galaxy there at least. I've always wanted to link Gaia and Facebook together but never came around to that. Though I know that was more of the 2009 era xp

Let's see they do have Backyard Monsters on there along with Triple Town (which can be a fun game as I have the iDevice app of that one) but other than that a lot of the games they have are ones I've not heard of before. I wonder if Gaia knows where Monster Galaxy is showing up for people.

Invisible Gawker

11,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Kapitan Kaos
What about Gaia Cinemas

I actually kind of miss Gaia Cinemas. There was something fun about watching old PSAs in that dinky theater, plus it was the only time I actually ever got to see 'Gulliver's Travels' from start to finish.

O.G. Smoker

8,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Mekairinek
Kapitan Kaos
What about Gaia Cinemas

I actually kind of miss Gaia Cinemas. There was something fun about watching old PSAs in that dinky theater, plus it was the only time I actually ever got to see 'Gulliver's Travels' from start to finish.
I can remember watching underworld
I think
but idk
2008 was a long time ago
xD

Witty Darling

10,750 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
I joined the Summer of 2007. A Halloween event involving mystery and vampires was right up my alley at the time. And honestly, it was probably a big reason why I stuck around. The promise of a continuing plot and more community games is what made me like Gaia.
(I had been a Neopets user and used to love their plots... *sigh*)

Kapitan Kaos
What about Gaia Cinemas

Bahahaha, those were great. Throwing stuff was fun, and even though the ads were annoying, there was something about a bunch of people watching the videos at once.
Didn't Gaia acquire some anime at some point? I seem to remember watching Peach Girl there...

Time-traveling Senshi

comixmangagirl
I joined the Summer of 2007. A Halloween event involving mystery and vampires was right up my alley at the time. And honestly, it was probably a big reason why I stuck around. The promise of a continuing plot and more community games is what made me like Gaia.
(I had been a Neopets user and used to love their plots... *sigh*)

Kapitan Kaos
What about Gaia Cinemas

Bahahaha, those were great. Throwing stuff was fun, and even though the ads were annoying, there was something about a bunch of people watching the videos at once.
Didn't Gaia acquire some anime at some point? I seem to remember watching Peach Girl there...

For a while Gaia was showing some sponsored anime in the Cinemas. I can't remember if Mushishi was being shown in there at the time or not. I do know back then the biggest thing to hit Cinemas and the sponsor quests was Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. People went nuts for the very first exactly like it is in the anime series items from a sponsor. And, except for the first item, the quests to get the items were very easy to complete with the quizzes. Once I found out the quests and the grants were still active I went back and got every item I could without having to pay gold for them. But oh my god having to sit through the Bee Movie stuff with the very bad music video they did for the movie was a nightmare. Still, the stuff they did in Towns back then for the quests was pretty amazing.

It's no wonder a year or two later the GCD was ready to chuck the Bee Movie suits into the pits of despair by buying up every suit they could and sending them off to Lanzer and the art staff. xp

Witty Darling

10,750 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
Chibi Halo

For a while Gaia was showing some sponsored anime in the Cinemas. I can't remember if Mushishi was being shown in there at the time or not. I do know back then the biggest thing to hit Cinemas and the sponsor quests was Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. People went nuts for the very first exactly like it is in the anime series items from a sponsor. And, except for the first item, the quests to get the items were very easy to complete with the quizzes. Once I found out the quests and the grants were still active I went back and got every item I could without having to pay gold for them. But oh my god having to sit through the Bee Movie stuff with the very bad music video they did for the movie was a nightmare. Still, the stuff they did in Towns back then for the quests was pretty amazing.

It's no wonder a year or two later the GCD was ready to chuck the Bee Movie suits into the pits of despair by buying up every suit they could and sending them off to Lanzer and the art staff. xp

Oooh, I still have my Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles items! They're pretty nice actually. Those goggles were my favorites until Gaia hit their steampunk phase...
Yeah, items like the Bee Movie suits just annoy me.

Time-traveling Senshi

Since we're discussing 2007 here, I'm going to leave you guys all with a single word and see if you remember this. Clementine.

Distinct Explorer

Kapitan Kaos
What about Gaia Cinemas
i remember those. Didn't like going there, much, since they were used to promote sponsor ads 99% of the time. i know where was a feature build off Cinemas, where you could have a room and invite your friends to watch stuff on your playlist on the screen, and there were couches and stuff.
was that in 2007?

Dapper Dabbler

I remember that! I only remember getting Gold from it, though. I wanted the items, but I never could get them

Invisible Gawker

11,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Chibi Halo
          Since we're discussing 2007 here, I'm going to leave you guys all with a single word and see if you remember this. Clementine.

At least she still had her Water Meat!

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I totally remember the VL. I got all the items from it too [Too bad I sold my phone and helmet T wT]. I kind of liked it despite the fact you needed to actually sign up to something else beforehand. =|

Time-traveling Senshi

Mekairinek
Chibi Halo

At least she still had her Water Meat!

And last night I found the 78 page beauty in the GCD from that November. Oh my god the mom was proud of her for spending hours online on Gaia and not worried about her daughter's Net habit. And then she sent her sister after the guy who scammed her. And I still think the lawyer was just in it for the publicity and to get his book noticed.

Even though this is like the Gaia Fight Club and no one should ever speak of it again...EVER!

haha. I watched the animated shorts and I thought they were done very well. I mean, there is a lot of work put into that! yay...good JOB! Love to all for
|FEBruary! God bless!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces