Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Explorer

I don't think I've ever had anyone bother with stalking me, thank Azrael. I don't think I'm all that stalk-worthy, first of all, and if I actually did, I probably wouldn't even notice. XD

I actually don't even like stalkers. the thought of someone digging through my post history, profile, join date and such just turns me off, and I find it really offensive and sort of an invasion of privacy, and I pity the people who go through such lengths to stalk anyone. They seriously need help .

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Stalkers on gaia... If I had one, I would be a bit confused by why someone would stalk me. Ah well.

It feels weirdly minor compared to everyone else, but in barton town, I joined a role-play with more anthromorphic version of Alice in wonderland characters. I decided to play the Cheshire cat and I had chosen a picture from google to use that made the cheshire cat look male and off kilter. I figured that since I wasn't using it for profit, it would be okay to use as a reference. The game master played a alice-esqe human character and she liked my snarky take on the cheshire cat.

The roleplay came to a halt, and then a while back, she send me a reply that sounded like she wanted to try the role-play again in private messages but with her alice character and my cheshire cat. I think I send a reply back, but it's seen ages since I heard a reply from her.

I am not sure what happened to her or if she's alright. sad

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I had a real life stalker who stalked me through Gaia after I began ignoring her. We were friends for years from when we were really little. She used to be a really good friend and actually got me into Gaia. We were friends until she started to get really nasty towards me when I was going through a hard time (I was closeted, really shy, and didn't have many friends). I put up with her calling me names all the time and even went out of my way to try to draw for her but she'd go through manic stages and never apologize for being verbally abusive.

It was weird to deal with a friend I was close to since kindergarten change into a totally different, rude person. Eventually I didn't want anything to do with her because her tantrums were really stressful and ridiculous to deal with since everything set her off. So after a really big tantrum, I decided to put her out of my life and deleted the things I drew for her from my gallery. I blocked her phone number from my cell because she'd send texts and calls pretending to do it on accident or to be a different person using a friend's cell after I cut off contact with her.

When she couldn't get in touch with me over phone, e-mail, and in person, she started badgering me through gaia which was the one that I disliked most cause I didn't like having to stress over that when I had made lots of really nice friends on gaia and got into cosplaying and guilds and forums. When she started it I blocked her and her mules. but then she told her friends lies about me and got them to harass me, so I blocked them too. Even after that, I still noticed she'd be stalking my profile for years when I saw her username in my recent visitors. It was really weird and whenever I entered in the avatar arena she'd leave rude comments as well as when we had the events where one could send messages in PMs. Luckily she seemed to have either quit or something since I haven't had problems with her for about year or so but the worst of it was pretty bad.

I was wishing Gaia could have done something like they did now back then because it wasn't exactly easy for me to put her out of my life when she kept finding loopholes in the ignore feature to stalk me. I'm glad that no one will need to worry about it now though.

Sparkly Fairy

A few years back I was found a giveaway and the group of people who frequented this giveaway got really close. The guy who ran the giveaway and I seemed to really hit it off, as we were both Christian and whatnot. We even added each other on facebook. This was a few years back when the security on facebook was a little easier to make your own and customize.

We had a pretty big falling out over a misunderstanding. Someone posted on an unknown account, and they couldn't figure out if it who it was, someone said it was me, and then majority the people in that thread turned around to get angry that I had apparently mislead them - although it wasn't me. Eventually the giveaway owner got on my facebook and took a screencap of my page, and it entailed a picture of me without my top on (you can't see anything really, back was to the camera, I was showing off a few nasty scrapes that I had gotten when I fell down some concrete stairs) as well things like my address, birthday, and I believe email. So, not necessarily things I wanted on Gaia. After that was shown, I got random friends requests from that, and naturally was very upset that he posted my picture. I actually was not on Gaia at the time he posted the image, which is actually kind of terrifying. How many people saw this with all this personal information of mine?! A few weeks later, he sent me another message, sending me art I had drawn a few weeks before and showed everyone on the thread, and then links to my old dA - with more of my real name and whatnot on it. So they had to so some serious searching and looked through my scrapbook. He was angry and said I lied to everyone in the thread about drawing a new piece when it had already been drawn, when in reality, I had redrawn the image to use in a portfolio. So yeah. Very creeped out.

He didn't think he did anything wrong. His reasoning? "Why should she be upset that I posted her when she posts her own images up? And to prove that I post my own images, he would follow me around in the forums when I would post, and if I posted an image of myself, he would screencap me posting a picture of myself. Despite the fact that I was doing it myself. This happened a few years ago, and I have ignored this person on all my accounts, but yeah. I reported him, but after all this (he ran a giveaway) a few months later, Gaia actually spotlighted that thread. Not to much love to Gaia from me on this matter. XP

But yeah. It's scary/creepy to wonder if someone is sneaking up on you. gonk

Some of the posts in this thread are almost frightening.

Barton Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
  • Nerd 50
Not exactly a stalker, but once I had a random user PM me a picture of myself in a bikni that he found on Photobucket. (My Photobucket username is also Flora Carrow.) He told me that I was a "very naughty girl" and proceeded to ask if I "wanted to play". emotion_0A0 While the picture is up for anyone to see both on Photobucket and Facebook, it was none the less creepy as hell that someone who I have had absolutely no contact with up to that point would take the time to look me up on Gaia and send me a half naked picture of myself.

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Tannsi
A few years back I was found a giveaway and the group of people who frequented this giveaway got really close. The guy who ran the giveaway and I seemed to really hit it off, as we were both Christian and whatnot. We even added each other on facebook. This was a few years back when the security on facebook was a little easier to make your own and customize.

We had a pretty big falling out over a misunderstanding. Someone posted on an unknown account, and they couldn't figure out if it who it was, someone said it was me, and then majority the people in that thread turned around to get angry that I had apparently mislead them - although it wasn't me. Eventually the giveaway owner got on my facebook and took a screencap of my page, and it entailed a picture of me without my top on (you can't see anything really, back was to the camera, I was showing off a few nasty scrapes that I had gotten when I fell down some concrete stairs) as well things like my address, birthday, and I believe email. So, not necessarily things I wanted on Gaia. After that was shown, I got random friends requests from that, and naturally was very upset that he posted my picture. I actually was not on Gaia at the time he posted the image, which is actually kind of terrifying. How many people saw this with all this personal information of mine?! A few weeks later, he sent me another message, sending me art I had drawn a few weeks before and showed everyone on the thread, and then links to my old dA - with more of my real name and whatnot on it. So they had to so some serious searching and looked through my scrapbook. He was angry and said I lied to everyone in the thread about drawing a new piece when it had already been drawn, when in reality, I had redrawn the image to use in a portfolio. So yeah. Very creeped out.

He didn't think he did anything wrong. His reasoning? "Why should she be upset that I posted her when she posts her own images up? And to prove that I post my own images, he would follow me around in the forums when I would post, and if I posted an image of myself, he would screencap me posting a picture of myself. Despite the fact that I was doing it myself. This happened a few years ago, and I have ignored this person on all my accounts, but yeah. I reported him, but after all this (he ran a giveaway) a few months later, Gaia actually spotlighted that thread. Not to much love to Gaia from me on this matter. XP

But yeah. It's scary/creepy to wonder if someone is sneaking up on you. gonk

Some of the posts in this thread are almost frightening.

That guy sounds so vile. Ugh, sorry you had to go through that. I would have liked to think Gaia would have taken your report more seriously.

Mega Bit

I'm pretty much the least stalk worthy person...as in I don't post much about myself (or much in general for that matter). Also no one irl knows about my gaia accounts, so no one irl can follow me here and track my activity. Even if someone did have my full name, I don't exist in google...so yeah...there's really no stalkable material.

Reading this thread creeps me out though. I don't think I could stand someone harassing me on here for an extended period of time. I'm sensitive enough that I would have quit the site within a pretty short period of time if it had happened to me when the ignore system had the loopholes still. It makes me feel more grateful for the update heh.

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

Many people follow me, thing is I don't find myself all that interesting. I'm rather boring

That being said as I know from the few people that do tell me, yes I do

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

I'm sure I've got a bunch of stalkers. emotion_awesome But the kind no one wants? I've had my small handful on this site. Nothing too crazy, though. I don't make internet stalking of that nature very easy for anyone, in part because of the horror stories I've heard through other people. I don't have any online account that contains any personal information about myself, not even pictures. There was a time when I wouldn't even tell people what state I was living in. But anyway, I'm not much of a social presence on the internet. I'm more of a lurker/stalker myself, only I don't have it out for anyone. xD

I have had 2-3 real life stalkers, though. The worst was a guy who lived in an old apartment complex of mine, was always knocking on my door and looking for an excuse to come inside. Like, for example, there was a grocery store no more than a minute walk from where we lived, and yet he'd be knocking on my door at 11 PM at night asking me if he could buy some orange juice from me because he just ran out... wtf? Or he locked his keys in his car, and he'd want to use my phone to call AAA or something, and, "Oh, you're handing me your cordless phone out here? It's kind of hot, can't I make the call inside?" I'd never let him in, though. Neighbors would tell me they'd see him walking around my apartment door while I wasn't home, lol.

And he always seemed to be leaving for somewhere at the exact same time I was so that he'd stop me on the way to my car to exchange a few words... you know, just more stuff like that. At some point he even managed to get ahold of my phone number and would call me at night from pay phones -- would never say anything, just hung up after a few seconds.

I got pretty fed up, disconnected my landline and set up security pass codes with my utility companies in case he tried to call them and do some stupid s**t. I was never afraid of my apartment getting broken into because it was in perfect view of a couple of neighbors who were home with kids while I was at work or in class, and the doors/frames were reinforced, so I didn't really worry at night. But no matter how direct I was with him, his behavior just kept escalating until I got some male friends involved and called the police a couple of times. I knew he still watched, though, and it wasn't until I moved out that I felt completely comfortable again. I just kind of warned apartment management about him (who admitted that they'd gotten a few complaints about him in the past), and never looked back.

I was just lucky the guy wasn't very bright, lol.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          I haven't been stalked. If I have/am, they're very peaceful and unobtrusive stalkers or I'm oblivious (which is true, but doesn't mean I have stalkers).

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I had this other incident, not as bizarre as the other I mentioned but I just recalled it. I met this girl who liked my avatar because it reminded her of a character from the animated movie Anastasia and I told her that I liked the compliment since it was a favorite movie of mine and then she asked if I wanted to RP.

She came up with the craziest RPs ever because we'd do something Disney or Non-Disney animated based but then out of nowhere she'd suddenly make her character a vampire or something. I couldn't even follow it and it was only RPing in PMs between us. It did made me laugh and was entertaining though so I stuck around.

But I recall one random time she started flirting with me out of character and I was like, "Sorry, I'm not interested in a relationship and I don't know you well enough to start one." Till then we never even talked about our off Gaia lives and I wasn't really interested in bringing up personal stuff. Then she asked why not and I told her, "Well it wouldn't work cause I'm gay." And rather than just backing off or being embarrassed that she was acting foolish; she actually got MAD at ME and sent me a picture of her topless covering her boobs with her hands and said, "What do you think of this, gay boy?" I was really caught off guard like User Image WTF, and I told her, "Nope, still not straight." Then she was just like, "Hmph, well okay just checking."

Okay, maybe its just me but that doesn't sound like a logical or smart way of asking someone out online and it was incredibly awkward to have to deal with someone being persistent trying to flirt with me when I told them to stop.

I looked up her profile just now since I wonder what happened to her or if she was still on Gaia (the account is inactive since 09). I found this as the last comments on her profile...
User Image
I can't make this s**t up. {It was bizarre enough but the *slaps you across the face with meh baby* just makes it all the more insane}.
I don't think anyone has stalked me. I'm not that interesting to stalk.
Anyway, if I was that worried about being stalked on here I would have even more things blocked than I have now.

Stellar Succubus

Just reading through this thread... this is what happens to highschool when you jam it onto the internet.

It's just astounding me, some of this stuff. It is actually terrifying to me. Even if I've become interested in someone, which I have, and they then dumped me. I wanted to contact them, but I let it go. They'd done me a favour by letting me know they wanted me out of their life. I respect that. Hurts, but we have to be mature about these things in real life or on Gaia.

I'm glad the only situation similar to this I ever had on the internet was a guy I was sort of interested in, but had to stop talking to him because if I ever told him where I lived, he'd turn up on my doorstep. I couldn't have that. I have people to protect.

He would save our chat conversations and refer to them ages later with "no but you said this *posts a copy paste of exactly what I had said months ago* then"

I actually met him irl and knew that I would not be comfortable with a person like that in my life.

When we were speaking he told me that once, when he'd upset someone in another country (he was in Australia, she was over the other side of the planet) he bought tickets and FLEW THERE to surprise her with an apology. RIGHT AFTER SHE OBVIOUSLY TRIED TO BLOCK HIM AND CUT HIM OUT OF HER LIFE!

He also told me he hacked into his ex girlfriend's emails to check her emails to see if she was cheating on him. She apparently was. Doesn't give anyone the right to do that kind of thing. O_O

I haven't spoken to this man for nearly 2 years. He still messages me on this website we were both on that I check once every few months.

That wasn't on Gaia though. I'm pretty protective of my Gaia. It's my sanctuary.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
My creepiest avi can't even compare with the stalkers you guys talk about. Thank goodness I don't attract such people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff