Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, i've just had a eye-opener.

I currently have every resonable item I want, I lie when I say this, because yes, I wouldn't mind a NM scarf,or a Halo, but unless I save and conserve, those won't be in my Inventory for awhile.

So, anyways, I have 31k, and i'm skimming through the MP and the EX and thinking, what do I want?

Nothing, came to mind.
So I aksed myself should I donate? But to who? If I do will that show that I favor someone else over another?
And once I do donate and I just so happen see or can get my hands on a item I want for ultra-happpy-super cheap price, and then I think to myself again, was I really complete? Should I have donated?

That may souns greedy, yes, and I wouldn't regret donating keep in mind. <3 heart

Have you ever been to a point in your life where you want nothing, see nothing, or desire nothing that isn't impossible to get?

And when I say life, I mean real-life and mainly Gaia.

(This is my first thread in the GCD, I hope it works out well. whee )
I've always wanted something in Gaia. I can never get everything I want that's reasonable. (I'd get a D-tail if I could. They're so awesome but too expensive) As for real life, I'm usually happy. I can't say the same for today, since I've had the worst day I've had in a long time, and that will probably affect my post somewhat. But I do remember how fortunate I am that I have a house over my head, plenty of food, and loving family. A lot of people don't have that.

But I'd really love to publish a book. That's really my ambition.
InsaneHyperDragon
I've always wanted something in Gaia. I can never get everything I want that's reasonable. (I'd get a D-tail if I could. They're so awesome but too expensive) As for real life, I'm usually happy. I can't say the same for today, since I've had the worst day I've had in a long time, and that will probably affect my post somewhat. But I do remember how fortunate I am that I have a house over my head, plenty of food, and loving family. A lot of people don't have that.

-Hugs- Aw.

I hope whatever happens, it gets better for you.

A book, that sounds interesting. 3nodding
Global System
InsaneHyperDragon

-Hugs- Aw.

*hugs back* It will. I tend to bounce back from things like this quickly. I've just had a number of things today that have really been quite bad, and it just all piled up.

Yes 3nodding I've got a quartet planned. I'm in the revision stages of the 1st book right now. If I could, I'd just love to live off of writing. Besides Gaia ( xd ), it's my passion.
Well, in real life, I love my little trinkets. I admit it, I love collecting little baubles, so, I'll never stop wanting the little items. I always love the beautiful little things that no one really takes the time to look at. (Does it really sound shallow to like the little things so much?)

As for Gaia, I want for nothing. I have my dream avatar and I don't want to change it for the world. I won't be saving up for anything in particular any time soon, item-wise. (although for now I am saving up quite an amount of gold for that birthday party, but that's not for me) I know I'm going to donate to just good people whenever I have the gold and I see them around. Actually, on Gaia, I do want something, I want to make random people happy. That's not impossible. ^.^
Do what I did for the longest time: Nothing.

Heck yeah, my biggest goal was getting over 100k in gold and keeping it that way. It used to be keep over 10k in gold at all times, but I found that to be too easy to accomplish and I always wanted 6 digits in that 'Welcome Airez, your Gaian Gold:' thing. And after you obtain that goal, you can try and keep it that way for at long as you like.

I myself hardly ever donated to anyone. Most I think I've donated would be 10k or so to a friend. I'm going to exclude the 35k+ I donated to Gambinos fat butt because I think that all disappeared into La La Land.

And now for that there question:

Have you ever been to a point in your life where you want nothing, see nothing, or desire nothing that isn't impossible to get?

That's pretty much where I'm at right now. I don't really have a desire to get any new items that are out of my reach already, and I couldn't really care less about becoming richer than I am. People may thing I'm one rich mofo but I've never considered myself to be so based on the fact that I never try to get richer. Sure, I'd like to be some rich character that has halos, panda hats, as well as DJs and ports, but only for my avatar's style. Really, I only care about making my avatar looking good when it comes to items, and I don't need mondo-rich gear to achieve that.

All I need is some gold in my pocket and a plan to get more items from stores.

... Though... one of my goals was to be prominent in Barton Town as well at some point, but I figure that's impossible. Might as well just have fun with it at this point, eh?

YOU ROXXORS GLOBAL! ><

I can say yes to both cases.

Gaia: I want a donation item, the OMG to be precise, but I know if I ever even raise 100k I'll use it for my av edits etc, or I'll go donate to someone, I've done it before.

Life: To escape my family. May not seem impossible but it is when you're broke and don't want to leave your computer behind.
InsaneHyperDragon
Global System
InsaneHyperDragon

-Hugs- Aw.

*hugs back* It will. I tend to bounce back from things like this quickly. I've just had a number of things today that have really been quite bad, and it just all piled up.

Yes 3nodding I've got a quartet planned. I'm in the revision stages of the 1st book right now. If I could, I'd just love to live off of writing. Besides Gaia ( xd ), it's my passion.

I hate when that happens. sad One after another of bad things.

Ah, well, that's the thing about only being a writer, it doesn't pay much to my knowledge, a starting out writer anyways.
But, I wouldn't mind reading the roughdraft or such once your done.
What is it about anywho? whee

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
No, not really.

I'm a lowly consumer whore.

Ice Heart's Queen

For items that exsist yes. Of the items that exsist I have all the one's I find I need for my character. Of course I do not truely need any of them but I would be very disapointed w/o them.

Last year at Halloween 2k4 I was really at a point for a long time there was nothing I desired. Nothing at all. It had been so long since I had spent gold I had 100k. Yes that is a freaking lot of gold but I finally found a way to spend it by buying the labcoats and shirts from the mini-game (my DSL Laptop prooved to be too inferior to play at all). No I did not buy them for myself but gave most of the items to my BF's avatar, he likes the labcoats.

Thankfully since then more stuff has been released that I have found to my liking, but nothing I truely need. The items I need for my character are Elven Ears, Demon Horns, and Toga....I am waiting for that Toga.
Rychi
Well, in real life, I love my little trinkets. I admit it, I love collecting little baubles, so, I'll never stop wanting the little items. I always love the beautiful little things that no one really takes the time to look at. (Does it really sound shallow to like the little things so much?)

As for Gaia, I want for nothing. I have my dream avatar and I don't want to change it for the world. I won't be saving up for anything in particular any time soon, item-wise. (although for now I am saving up quite an amount of gold for that birthday party, but that's not for me) I know I'm going to donate to just good people whenever I have the gold and I see them around. Actually, on Gaia, I do want something, I want to make random people happy. That's not impossible. ^.^

Nah, not shallow at all. whee

Ah, same here, I've invisioned this perfect outfit for myself, and I found it. <3
I think I will donate, too multiple people, I feel like a giving mood. 3nodding

...I own a charity. Yes and no. I gave up on my NM Scarf quest as I found the joy of donating, and I still hope I'll get it. But for now, it's charity only. I donate all the time, hold contests and such. It keeps me busy, so I'm happy.

As for real life... ninja
Global System

Ah, well, that's the thing about only being a writer, it doesn't pay much to my knowledge, a starting out writer anyways.

Yeah. But I've known life is a rollercoaster. There's times when you'll be very happy and there's times when you'll be depressed. You just have to realize how fortunate you really are and that things will get better. ^^

Unfortunately that's often true. While I'd love to live off of writing, I know that I can't just assume that I will. I might go into organic chemistry, or perhaps just chemistry 3nodding Chemistry is always a lot of fun for me, especially organic.

xD The rough draft is admittedly not the best. I've revised about 60 pages...meaning, I've rewritten the beginning completely. It's not really to a stage where I'd like to show someone yet, but it's getting there 3nodding

It's one of those stories that's hard to explain in a few words. It's a fantasy story based around two loosely main characters (I switch viewpoints xd ) who are both dragons. Part of it is an allegory for genetic engineering, because there are these creatures called Shadows who resulted from magical experimentation. The Shadows are normal creatures who had their souls ripped away from them, and their minds are twisted through magic, bringing out all the worst sides of their former personalities. There's a lot more than that, but that's just the underlying basics xd
Dorg Endo
For items that exsist yes. Of the items that exsist I have all the one's I find I need for my character. Of course I do not truely need any of them but I would be very disapointed w/o them.

Last year at Halloween 2k4 I was really at a point for a long time there was nothing I desired. Nothing at all. It had been so long since I had spent gold I had 100k. Yes that is a freaking lot of gold but I finally found a way to spend it by buying the labcoats and shirts from the mini-game (my DSL Laptop prooved to be too inferior to play at all). No I did not buy them for myself but gave most of the items to my BF's avatar, he likes the labcoats.

Thankfully since then more stuff has been released that I have found to my liking, but nothing I truely need. The items I need for my character are Elven Ears, Demon Horns, and Toga....I am waiting for that Toga.

Isn't there a Caveman Toga, for your Toga-needs? whee

But it's brown, that might ruin your plans. ninja
InsaneHyperDragon
Global System

Yeah. But I've known life is a rollercoaster. There's times when you'll be very happy and there's times when you'll be depressed. You just have to realize how fortunate you really are and that things will get better. ^^

Unfortunately that's often true. While I'd love to live off of writing, I know that I can't just assume that I will. I might go into organic chemistry, or perhaps just chemistry 3nodding Chemistry is always a lot of fun for me, especially organic.

xD The rough draft is admittedly not the best. I've revised about 60 pages...meaning, I've rewritten the beginning completely. It's not really to a stage where I'd like to show someone yet, but it's getting there 3nodding

It's one of those stories that's hard to explain in a few words. It's a fantasy story based around two loosely main characters (I switch viewpoints xd ) who are both dragons. Part of it is an allegory for genetic engineering, because there are these creatures called Shadows who resulted from magical experimentation. The Shadows are normal creatures who had their souls ripped away from them, and their minds are twisted through magic, bringing out all the worst sides of their former personalities. There's a lot more than that, but that's just the underlying basics xd
I'd like to be a writer, but it's hard to live off writing unless you're writing in a completely shallow, generally-appealing style that everybody loves but means nothing. I've been thinking about a story for years, when I get bored I plan what to do next... But I don't think it'll ever happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff