Welcome to Gaia! ::

fataI error's Waifu

Lonely Mage

I guess while coming back here after a long absence I realized the impact that my time on Gaia has probably had on my life, and just now it struck me to wonder if maybe it has had the same impact on other people.

Aside from potentially spending hours on the internet daily, I personally feel that my time here has impacted my tastes and maybe a love for art and fashion design. Kinda silly really, but I guess all the time I spent coordinating avatars based on everything from colors to different styles to just being silly has given me a love for actual fashion design and I've been considering taking this path in my own life.

I think that perhaps anything from the guilds you frequented to the people you have met or even silly games on Gaia may have an impact, but maybe I am alone here and I'll seem like a babbling fool.

Has anyone else been influenced/heavily impacted through their time spent here?

Fashionable Vampire

I hooked up with my current girlfriend via the site. Does that count? sweatdrop

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Sifen Yamishi

biggrin Me too.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I spotted a girl in the library playing on Gaia once at my school.

I really wanted to chat with her, but talked myself out of it because I am wicked lame.

I mean, seriously. What would you do if a nerdy grad student who is probably five years older than you just came up to you and was like HAY I SEE YOU PLAY GAIA! LETS BE FRIENDS!

sigh

I'm lonely.

*rolls around*

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Yeata Zi

I really wanted to chat with her, but talked myself out of it because I am wicked lame.

I mean, seriously. What would you do if a nerdy grad student who is probably five years older than you just came up to you and was like HAY I SEE YOU PLAY GAIA! LETS BE FRIENDS!

sigh

I'm lonely.

*rolls around*

You're still cooler than me.

If it was me, they'd have looked over their shoulder to hear me squealing and rotating in the corner like some sort of deflating chicken. lol

I'm exciteable.

Tipsy Vampire

Gaia has really heavily influenced my art.
        doing commissions for people is great practice.
        3nodding

Ladykiller

Yeata Zi

sigh

I'm lonely.

*rolls around*

gonk Story of my life. In class one day this girl was on the Gaia homepage and I was debating whether to approach her or not. You can imagine what I chose to do /tooawkwardIRL emo

Perfect Saint

I haven't seen the sun and have been feed through a hole cut through my family's basement for nearly a decade. If I get logged out, my heart stops.

Rainbow Noob

I've met some really cool people here, like really cool people, including one friend I semi-regularly exchange boxes full of junk with! It's pretty awesome. I should really send some stuff to the rest of 'em, too. <3
I also kinda rely on people's signatures and stuff to scope out which animes are worth watching for the season. It's not a big part of my life, but is a part of the reason why I stay on the site/dare to venture from my home thread, haha.

I was on the site once in class, and a girl was like "OMG GAIA!" but no friendships ever came of that. I am so bad at friends. fffuhhhhhh...

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

Sifen Yamishi

I met my boyfriend on here cat_whee

Magic Hobo

I blame Gaia for about 40% of the reason I turned into a fashion design major.

The other 60% is the gigantic hardon I have for historical fashion, which is an obsession which Gaia also feeds.
I spend way, way, way more time doing Gaia commissions when I ought to be working on other non-Gaia related artworks.

It's not a bad thing, drawing a lot helps me to improve regardless of the subject matter, but I feel maybe if I spent less time on Gaia, or if Gaia ever shut down I'd suddenly have waaaay more time for personal projects XP

Heck, even as we speak, I'm here on Gaia browsing the forums when I have stuff I ought to be doing instead.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          Gaia inspired me to become a better artist. I need gold to fuel my silly pixel designs.
          When I was in high school, Gaia inspired my color-coordinated outfit obsession. I still love colors and coordination, but I'm too lazy and broke to dress the part now.

Undead Enchantress

I mastered the art of procrastination on Gaia. I wonder if I can put that on my resume?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

I've been on Gaia since I was in high school, and for me, it definitely helped me open up my mind from a close minded snobby lil Catholic girl to someone who was having debates on all sorts of aspects in politics. I carried the notion of arguing and looking at multiple sides of a viewpoint with me to the real world and it's helped me enormously.

Gaia also helped me express myself as an artist to relieve the stresses of school, and I also learned to RP.

And now I accidentally found a wonderful girlfriend whom I care for deeply. heart

There's a lot I can say for Gaia. It's not perfect, but it's been a place where I've grown up on the site and seen it grow as well. And that's what makes it special to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff