Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Cat

Yaunie13
Lapine Lequesne
Nope, because when I quest for something, I get it within a week.

Well that's good for you. Some people have quests for 40mil items and have to start from scratch (300k or less), get help from friends and work hard to get to that 40mil goal. I doubt they'd get it in a week.

Why quest items so expensive.
Keep stuff within reach, and hop higher each time.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
Lapine Lequesne
Yaunie13
Lapine Lequesne
Nope, because when I quest for something, I get it within a week.

Well that's good for you. Some people have quests for 40mil items and have to start from scratch (300k or less), get help from friends and work hard to get to that 40mil goal. I doubt they'd get it in a week.

Why quest items so expensive.
Keep stuff within reach, and hop higher each time.

People can hop from a 400k to 600k to 1mil to 5mil and sooner or later 40mil items. It happens all the time. Check out the Charity/Quests forum, you'll see a lot of people questing for rare and expensive items such as Horns of the Demon, OMG, Lucky the Cat and even Mini Nitemare Wings. Usually these people started out with smaller quests and slowly but surely worked up the guts to quest for these super-expensive items.

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
I remember when I caused the Power Picks to inflate. lol They're back to normal now though.

Timid Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
There was an item I could have bought a while ago, and I checked the graph and it had been pretty steady. So I bought something more expensive I wanted, cuz it kept going up in price and I wanted to grab it before it jumped up again. Got that one, and NOW the other item leapt and bounded way up there. UGH!

Kawaii Carnivore

Yes, happens all the time.I was thinking about requesting for my Peter doll, which I bought 180k a few months ago. Went on the marketplace : it was inflated around 3 mil !

Same for Faust ' s Curse :for a very long time, it used to be around 50 k .When I decided to buy it , BOOM ! All the listings were around 1 mil ! It got down in price , but it ' s still terribly inflated (140 k ).

Loyal Exhibitionist

A few years ago, I decided to sell off a couple of my Steel-plated Ninja Bands for about 1m each.

Now they're going for 8m+... I wish I've waited. ;w;

Liberal Fatcat

All the time.
ALL. THE. TIME.

Everything I buy, I think I get it at a good price and then all of a sudden it drops even further. Everything I sell, people are causing it to drop even further so that I dont get a decent profit off of it. And when Im questing, every time I look at whatever item I want in the MP it's rising at least another 500k or a couple million every other day! What the hell? gonk

Original Risk-Taker

11,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
  • Luck of the Draw 50
It happens. Some venders can be super unreasonable D: this is what causes some items to become "hard to sell" I think items like Princess of the world is a hard to sell, because it started around 7mill to 8mill and now it is like 15mill and up. That is nuts. Although the item is super pretty, I wouldn't dare pay that much for it!

[Kold]'s Husbando

Questionable Receiver

12,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
I remember when a friend of mine was going for an item and just as she could afford it, the price shot up by like 50k or something...and this was a long time ago before the cash shop and gold was a bit harder to make.

Conservative Genius

32,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
Yes, that recently happened to me. One item I'm questing is SDPlus #373 Kiva. It was around 200k the last time I checked. But then I went to the MP the next day and it skyrocketed up 98%, and was around 560k. classified_fu

But inflation does happen.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
Hasuki Aatisuto
A few years ago, I decided to sell off a couple of my Steel-plated Ninja Bands for about 1m each.

Now they're going for 8m+... I wish I've waited. ;w;

I have a similar story. I sold Fallen Wish for about 300k and then years later it was going for 1mil

Kawaii Bunny

That's happening to me right now. The item I wanted was 900k, which is already loads of gold to me, but now it's gone up by about 2-300k. It simply isn't fair, but hopefully it will go down soon.

At least this isn't a huge quest, I suppose, it would be far more annoying if it was one of those items that occasionaly increases by a couple of million.

Reindeer

it probably actually WAS because the entire world knew you were questing it 8D
not to sound paranoid, which i definitely do, but i noticed that once i kept my wishlist private my items stayed fairly evenly-priced.
as opposed to when i left it on my profile, my items would inflate ridiculously!

then again, i get a lot of profile visitors every day...

Fashionable Gaian

The heart lace mood bubbles.

Like, what the... lol

I bought the blue and pink one a couple of months ago, and now both has skyrocked from 100k- 800k even a mil at one time.

I still have them, but that is some serious inflation xD

Enigmatic Hunter

24,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
146k/215k User Image

User Image
Happens all the time....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items