Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Hero

14,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
You see something on the MP going for a fairly reasonable price and you start to quest for it. After a while of questing it, the price sky rockets through the roof! Like from 400k to 1mil! I was only questing something for about 2 weeks and then I checked the price to see how much it might have fluctuated and that happened to me. It's like the entire world knew I was questing for it and decided to inflate it.

Addition:

And have you ever had an item that you were planning on selling do the exact opposite? I've had something I wanted to sell that was going for 150k on the MP and then all of a sudden people started selling more and more of them until the price dropped to merely 50k.

Hunter

18,450 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Hero 100
    Happens quite often, especially around holidays where nobody is really selling anything. Halloween would be an awesome time to sell, since costumes can pretty much be anything and people will buy more in general. People inflated Sicilian Wisgeuy. I wasn't questing it, but I really liked that item and was planning to splurge on it, but it jumped from the 300k-400k range to 900k+. That's an over 600k-700k difference. SO yeah, I won't be spending my gold on that anytime soon.

Invisible Hero

14,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Sebikaku
    Happens quite often, especially around holidays where nobody is really selling anything. Halloween would be an awesome time to sell, since costumes can pretty much be anything and people will buy more in general. People inflated Sicilian Wisgeuy. I wasn't questing it, but I really liked that item and was planning to splurge on it, but it jumped from the 300k-400k range to 900k+. That's an over 600k-700k difference. SO yeah, I won't be spending my gold on that anytime soon.

My thoughts exactly

Questionable Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Happens all the time. What usually happens the most is when I buy something thats inflated, and didn't realise, then go to sell it a while later and it's 200K less >.<
I've lost so much gold that way.

Scurvy Wench

8,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Too often. I end up with nothing most of the time. I quest too slowly unless i get help.

Anxious Informer

14,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
Ace Blackhart
Happens all the time. What usually happens the most is when I buy something thats inflated, and didn't realise, then go to sell it a while later and it's 200K less >.<
That's one way of looking at it.

The way I look at it -- I'm paying to get an item I'll enjoy wearing, so later on, if I go to sell it and it's not worth as much, I figure I didn't really lose anything, because I got the enjoyment out of using/wearing the item. In RL you buy clothes because they look good on you -- not because you will be able to re-sell them someday and get your money back.

I mean, it's a nice bonus if you can sell things and make a profit, or even get back what you paid, but I don't ever expect that.

Questionable Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Debit Card
Ace Blackhart
That's one way of looking at it.

The way I look at it -- I'm paying to get an item I'll enjoy wearing, so later on, if I go to sell it and it's not worth as much, I figure I didn't really lose anything, because I got the enjoyment out of using/wearing the item. In RL you buy clothes because they look good on you -- not because you will be able to re-sell them someday and get your money back.

I mean, it's a nice bonus if you can sell things and make a profit, or even get back what you paid, but I don't ever expect that.

Thats definitely a nice way to look at it.

It's just sometimes I do so many looks that I depend on selling what I used to wear to get my new look. So when I think to myself that I could afford an item ,then realize that my current item dropped a huge amount, it's frustrating.
So it's not so much the gold loss I suppose, just more of a hinderance in my next plans sweatdrop

Lavish Lunatic

Yeah, a while ago I felt I needed the petal professor hana to finish off an avatar, unfortunately at that moment (and during a week or so) the item was horribly AI'ed, I waited for it to come down and after a few days decided that I could do without it. xd

But I must admit, if it's a low ticket item, like usually it's 5k but now it's inflated to like 25k? Then I'm known to actually shell out the 25k just to get the item immediately..
I'm such an impuls buyer.. rofl

Invisible Hero

14,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Anabaena
Yeah, a while ago I felt I needed the petal professor hana to finish off an avatar, unfortunately at that moment (and during a week or so) the item was horribly AI'ed, I waited for it to come down and after a few days decided that I could do without it. xd

But I must admit, if it's a low ticket item, like usually it's 5k but now it's inflated to like 25k? Then I'm known to actually shell out the 25k just to get the item immediately..

Yeah, when its that little, I don't think it matters. I'm talking about 100s of 1000s gold worth of inflation. They are absolutely crazy!

Lavish Lunatic

Yaunie13
Anabaena

Yeah, when its that little, I don't think it matters. I'm talking about 100s of 1000s gold worth of inflation. They are absolutely crazy!
Yeah, well, my example was inflation of a cheap item, but I have splurged hundreds of k's more than necessary on certain big ticket items, because I didn't want to wait until the price settled down.. sweatdrop

Darling

i was questing for princess of the world when it was averaging around 5-6 mil
but then it kept climbing
and climbing
and climbing
and idk i just gave up but ugh i want it so bad still cry

Invisible Hero

14,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
A p r i c i t i
i was questing for princess of the world when it was averaging around 5-6 mil
but then it kept climbing
and climbing
and climbing
and idk i just gave up but ugh i want it so bad still cry

I understand

/sympathize

I always hope that some awesome person will just deflate it when that happens. Sometimes it's no such luck, though, so it sucks.

Feline Senshi

13,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yeah it happens, its best i found to not tell anyone your questing for something specific as someone could rise the price to try make you pay more (It does happen but cannot be proven if it does) so hang in there if you really want it.
About two weeks ago, I was selling princess of the world in the exchange, my ab was 8.2 mil. Now it's at 11 mil at the mp. gonk

Perfect Sweetheart

12,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Bought Jumbo Mouse Ears for 900k
Sold for about 12k crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash