Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Detective

I've been on hiatus and have returned with a new account.
And it seems like they've only been coming out with items that cost GC, which probably inflated the marketplace to what it is today.
So, in order to fix the problem, they're now coming out with items sold in GG?

Is this how Gaia went down, or is it different from my understanding?

Loyal Exhibitionist

If only they sold just items for GC. The Marketplace likely wouldn't be such a mess it is right now.

No, it's because Gaia has been releasing gold generators. They are random generators you can buy from Gaia that can generate a random amount of gold.

Gaia started low with Flynn's Booty which only had, at best, 1 million payout, but now they're consistently releasing generators that can award up to 1 billion gold and they're always on sale to incite people into buying them.

This in turns inflates the Marketplace and drives up prices exponentially.

Wheezing Member

I think the recently added Loyal Shop was merely created to appease the burning mass of hatred that is Site Feedback. lol

If only a little.

Other than that

Gold generators = bad.
Gaia likes releasing them.
Gaia doesn't like making gold items any more.

Gaia likes spamming people with GC adverts.

oh and maybe there's a tiny bit of inflation.
Torse
I think tiny is an understatement here. Especially compared to a little over half a year ago.

Wheezing Member

Yulania
Torse
I think tiny is an understatement here. Especially compared to a little over half a year ago.

Sarcasm. : ' D

But yes.
There are really neat graphs floating around Site Feedback somewhere... I'd dig one up but I don't really see the necessity to wade through all of the negative posts. emotion_awesome

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Basically it's the gold generators that is the issue. Gaia manipulated the economy and ruined the value of gold so now people have to work that much harder to earn their gold, or buy directly from the shop. The items in the shop have also gone up in price at a level that is ridiculous.

The gold shops haven't had huge updates however there's actually a lot of nice items. I've been looking at TekTek recently in their old dream avatar (when it would separate from gold and cash) and I've been surprised.

I'm fairly cynical when it comes to Gaia and Gaians. We're easy to manipulate so the loyalty shop was a means of soothing over the hostility since it's based on attendance rather than gold or cash. I personally don't mine and think it's nice that it's based on participation (only in so much that you need to log in 75 days out of 90).

Really though the inflation (according to the marketplace graph) has been an issue these past few months. The fix is actually simple enough: no more gold generators, good gold sinks (Gaia did put a gold RIG for instance) that are not sabotaged by gold generators, and time to get these gold generators out of existence.
Torse
Sarcasm. : ' D

But yes.
There are really neat graphs floating around Site Feedback somewhere... I'd dig one up but I don't really see the necessity to wade through all of the negative posts. emotion_awesome
Oh OTL
Hard to tell over the net. :c

But yes, I've seen those graphs. THEY MAKE ME SAD.
Those threads are like a pit of despair.

Wheezing Member

Yulania
Oh OTL
Hard to tell over the net. :c

But yes, I've seen those graphs. THEY MAKE ME SAD.
Those threads are like a pit of despair.

I use SF for venting purposes only.
They're very good at bitching and agreeing with mine.

I try not to think about these things in my normal state of mind, though. emotion_c8

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff